Got a kill switch but I think theres a problem

BlackBuick84

What's a turbo?
Aight, a valve is installed in the fuel lines which can cut off the flow of fuel. But the instructions say to put the valve BEFORE the pump. But since the pump is in the tank I obviously cant do that. Do you guys think it'll work if its installed AFTER the pump? A problem I can think of is if the valve is stopping the flow of fuel but the pump is still pumpin, could the pump burn out maybe?

I scanned the instructions there's another page by clicking next if it'll help at all. So will this thing still work? Or is none of this making sense since i'm half asleep right now? thanks for any help guys *yawn*

that for a EFI system? what kind of directions would say pbefore the pump... sounds like it may not be designed to handle high pressure fuel volume.

This is what you should do instead... just make a toggle switch (hudden somewhere) to turn on the fuel pump.. all you have to do is splice the switch leads into the ground lead of the fuel pump and you can kill it/turn it on.

I wouldn't put a valve on the fuel line, before or after the pump,,, you're just asking for problems. I wouldn't mess with the fuel pump + or - leads either,,, the more wire, the more voltage loss,, that's bad usually. Simply use a switch on the ground wire for the fuel pump relay, and accomplish the same outcome.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, as soon as I got this other kill switch I thought it looked a little fishy. I can probably unload it on Ebay for more than I bought it for:cool:

Originally posted by JayLashua
This is what you should do instead... just make a toggle switch (hudden somewhere) to turn on the fuel pump..

I'll make sure its 'hudden' real well:p