Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Cool man. Can't wait to see the finished product. You're getting more done than I am right now.

picture-1168.jpg

I was under the impression they had the filler hole in the wrong spot for the C/T setup?

Yes and no. You have to use the drivers side on the passenger and vice versa. I think Matt did this on his and has added a pipe to the back of the drivers side cover so he could put oil in it.

Yes and no. You have to use the drivers side on the passenger and vice versa. I think Matt did this on his and has added a pipe to the back of the drivers side cover so he could put oil in it.

small tip make a tig. then you can weld the alum easy.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lV4tzg4zn0&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

i just took a extra pass valve cover, cut a hole, and welded a tube to it.

Attachments

• SDC10692.jpg
    SDC10692.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 126
Yeah Im gonna pass on that idea. What Ill probably do is find some 84/85 lesabre 3.8 covers with the vent hole in and modifly those. I dont have any breathers so that will work as good as anything as long as the hole is in the right spot.

Id rather be in the mid 13's and have a BP oil spill under the car than have a pretty engine. ;) I shouldnt really have that bad of leaving this year. Splurged on some perma-dry's so that should limit that problem.

Long block is done. Just waiting on my PVC grommet to show up and the paint on my accessories to dry. Sorta wish I would have got my intake blasted to get rid of all that blue but ohh well. Too late now.

picture-1175.jpg

picture-1176.jpg

Long block is done. Just waiting on my PVC grommet to show up and the paint on my accessories to dry. Sorta wish I would have got my intake blasted to get rid of all that blue but ohh well. Too late now.

picture-1175.jpg

picture-1176.jpg

looks really nice.
do you have a blast cabinet? I have a cheep harbor freight one and its junk; I can never get the thing to keep a steady stream of sand to spray. I was told that I was using the wrong media. I am using aluminum oxide ( yes, I know the dust is killing me). Does anyone who has a blast cabinet give me some tips. I think it’s the sand blasting gun that is junk. Sorry for the hijack but I keep forgetting to ask people.

Looks good Jacob. Other than a stock build what have you done to it?

As far as the blaster Matt, it has to do with humidity. You need at least 1 dryer in line and I prefer 2 of them. Then get a shaker for the belly and clean the sand in a sive. If the gun clogs up put your hand on the nozzle and hit the trigger which will back flush it so you can keep blasting. If you want a media that will eat away at the crud super fast do a search for scatblast. I've used it before but don't use it on really soft metal. It will eat away just about anything if you don't pay attention to what you're doing.

I dont have a blasting cabinet. My machine shop has one that I was going to bring to, and theres a guy a few miles out of town too.

Other good news- Ive figured out what is wrong with my carb. The person that touched the carb screwed with the power valve stop. Its too low. The carb guy told me to pop out the plug above it and build a tool and just try adjusting it till its right.

My build consists of-

~Engine
.040 Speed pro Hypers
Edelbrock 204/214 cam
LT1 valve springs
Ported heads
Ported intake
HV oil pump
Ported plenum and turbo throat
ARP head bolts
Fel pro 1000's

~Fuel&Air&Spark
Opened up seconday air valve and loosened spring and driled holes in scondary power squirt tubes
K&N air filter
MSD BTM
Accel 8.8 plug wires
NGK UR5's

~Exhaust
Custom 2.5" mandrel DP
Test pipe
Pypes 2.5" cat back with race pros

Theres more but dont know what Ive forgot. Custom AC stuff, elec fans, blah blah blah.

So what Im changing for 2011

Cam
Heads
More boost
Alky
Electric power valve

Later on this summer

3.08 Posi
87 GN compressor with 83 hot side
87 GN manifolds
Rear axle bushings
Wideband
Line lock
Paint

I also wont be suprised if my origianal 30 year old TH 350 craps out.

And the local track is under new ownership so Ill have a time slip this summer.

gonna make a recommendation to use the 87 turbine over the 83 if you want to make decent power, spool wont be a problem with the cam and heads now

Yeah Ive slowly moved away from 83 turbine into 87 turbine. Only problem is the 80 housing is too big. Waiting on Aj to send me a 83 housing to see if I can fit an 87 turbine into it.

The actual exducer hole is too small which is easy to fix, but the 87 turbine is thinner than the 80 so theres too much material gone.

There wont be any difference on the 83 housing Jacob. The exducer will be swollowed up by it. The larger housing and smaller wheel won't do what you're looking for.

Looks good Jacob. Other than a stock build what have you done to it?

As far as the blaster Matt, it has to do with humidity. You need at least 1 dryer in line and I prefer 2 of them. Then get a shaker for the belly and clean the sand in a sive. If the gun clogs up put your hand on the nozzle and hit the trigger which will back flush it so you can keep blasting. If you want a media that will eat away at the crud super fast do a search for scatblast. I've used it before but don't use it on really soft metal. It will eat away just about anything if you don't pay attention to what you're doing.

thanks for the info. i will try that.

There wont be any difference on the 83 housing Jacob. The exducer will be swollowed up by it. The larger housing and smaller wheel won't do what you're looking for.

Housings are the same, crap. I was hoping the cut area would be smaller in the 83 housing and I could make something work.

So im sorta stuck with a 83 turbine, 87 compressor in order to make it look stock.

Of course its a guess, but I probably wont have to worry about spool up as much as I think. My turbo spooled up pretty fast and I had a huge exhaust leak on the drivers side header from the flapper being off. Never heard it because of my bent push rod whacking the head.

Might just put it together and see what happens.....

Unfortunately There's very little you can do to make a "stock appearing" performance turbo for the C/T cars with out incurring lots of lag. Fred and Rich both have proven this several times.

Well I have a PCV in now. Took a little heat, a little soap, a little drilling, and a bit of muscle but its in, and wont leak now.

In other news

My H/O scoop is orderd
I have a set of intrepid electric fans
I have new mallory spark plug wires that aren't yellow

Its coming together slowly. :cool:

My new H/O scoop from Lauren Engineering showed up. Coulda spent the money on a wideband but the car is getting painted this spring and I needed to get all my stuff for body work so theres a little logic there.

picture-1003.jpg

picture-1001.jpg

picture-1002.jpg

My new H/O scoop from Lauren Engineering showed up. Coulda spent the money on a wideband but the car is getting painted this spring and I needed to get all my stuff for body work so theres a little logic there.

picture-1003.jpg

picture-1001.jpg

picture-1002.jpg

you going to mold the scoop in so it doesn't look out of place. the little extra work now will pay off later.