Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Oh BTW the wiring looks SO much better already and your not even done yet lol

They are 15's. They are I think rarer than the 16" GTA's Came on lower trim leveled T/A's. Most cars got the formula wheels. Ive only seen one with these same wheels on. Had to get them from 3 different salvage yard in MN. Aparently theres no other in thse color in the state!

I've been looking for a set of 8" wide to use as my backs so I can match the GTA wheels. That way I can have a set of 16's for the street and carry some decent slicks to the track that would look right on my car.

I like the wheels. I'm looking for some different wheels for my Regal. I'd love some GTA's but too spendy.
The black and chrome Olds rocket II wheels are sweet.

Well there's 3 on evilbay right now for $25 each with $20 for shipping Adam. I bought a pair of Enkie 16x7 with the right back spacing and now need 2 GTA fronts to go with them.

lol I've been watching.
I like rare checkered Monte wheels too but hate they are 14's

Never liked the checker board design myself but if there were more choices on factory wheels then I wouldn't be looking for alternatives.

Well I went on a 300 mile trip after I got my AC working Saturday. The compressor had surface rust in it but it worked great. Only gets to 45 degrees but the charge isnt very good, and it had some air in it. Good sign is that it isnt leaking, or bad at least.

The other good thing, my oil consumption is gone! Would burn a quart every hundred miles but now it doesnt burn anything. Yay!

Hate to admit it but its either the 70 degree weather up from 55, or if its the 91 I put in. It would always pop when I smashed it when cold but now it doesnt. It runs better with 91 than E20. Only bad thing is it costs $50 to fill the tank. Good thing is that I got 18.5 MPG with the air on, and doing a little bit of town driving. Closer to 20 if I would have had the AC off. 20 on a engine with as much power as it has with a carb isnt that bad really.

Got some parts on Sunday. Was going for 81/86 cutlass grills, as a deer took out the rest of my header panel. Got it mostly fixed now though. Got ugly 85 grills in there along with my bent header panel. My headlight isnt pushed down now though so im happy. :cool:

When I showed up at the guys place I was told "Dont park too close or we'll put a cage in it!" Kinda laughed, the 85 cutlass they built as a race car was rusted out BAD. The rear rails were gone on it. Got my parts I needed. The bonus was there was a 86 brougham with ralley pack, and a future race car 80 turbo monte. Saw the little hood bump and got happy, ended up being completely stripped out. Car would have been awesome before it got ripped apart for dirt track. Had T tops and everything. The interior was gone, along with the engine and computer. Really hoped it would have the box, cant get too lucky I guess!

That hood bump should look awesome when I get around to putting it on! Not to mention its way more correct than the H/O bump.

picture820.jpg

picture831.jpg

picture832.jpg

picture833.jpg

Ralley pack is in. Way bigger project than I thought. Tach wont go past 2500 though. Ive got a spare though. My basement is PACKED with parts already.
picture834.jpg

do you know how to do bodyworkand paint? how bad is the header panel? if you have all the pices you can fiber glass it all back together. btw i love that hood great find.

Yeah I can do limited body work and can paint OK. I primed my other cutlass.

The header was toast. Smashed up bad. No where close to repairable.

tail light

hey even while I am trying to sell my turbo monte I am still looking for a driver side tailight an chrome. did the monte you found have a taillight? yell back Steven

Yep, its a MF 10. Good little mower. New engine a few years ago, new tires this weekend. Needs paint bad though.

Id pull a tailight off for you if I see one. There was nothing left of the car. Litterally a shell, doors, fenders and a core support.

picture822.jpg

Got in my K&N filter yesterday. Got my fan controler and poly endlinks too. Put the filter on today. It doesnt sound any different at idle but it has a bit more whistle. Seems to pull harder for sure. Its wet out though so I cant tell if its got more from a stop or not. Has a better 25 to 45 MPH pull though. Car would be a handfull with a 3.08 over the 2.41 I have now, and it would need slicks for sure with a 3.42.

Whatever it is, its helped. Its a different car now.

picture853.jpg

3" filter going into a 3" exhaust tube into a 3" rubber flex tube. Looks nice actually.

picture855.jpg

cool man, saw you out wiping it down this weekend, woulda stopped but i was on a mission! Next time i see you out ill stop to talk. Got my car going, over 1000 miles on it already, and its pretty quick. Ran 14.8@95 on 5psi and no timing. Installing injectors, tuning software and E85 this weekend so i can get up to 12-15psi and over 400whp, youll have to check it out!