Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Hey AJ, did you get my PM on here? Kinda wondering what the status of the turbo is. Still need your adress.

ITSNOTAGN- What do you want for the turbo? When I get my turbo in from AJ I was going to try to see if I can put the hotside housing and wheel onto the CT turbo and get the boost side machined so the 87 wheel fits into the CT housing.

yes I did get your PM, I have the unit, just need to finished getting it all packed up.

A.j.

OK, cool! My computer is kinda stupid sometimes and it bounces Emails and PMs back all the time. Wasnt sure if it went through or now.

OK, cool! My computer is kinda stupid sometimes and it bounces Emails and PMs back all the time. Wasnt sure if it went through or now.

well its been really busy with me bouncing between home and work on an almost daily basis.

Ive felt fortunate enough to have spent some time in the shop working on my stuff and gatering data for the rest of us. so no worrys, hopefully I can have yours out within this week.

just as a refresher, you just needed a good turbo, no plenum or wastegate assembly right?

A.j.

well its been really busy with me bouncing between home and work on an almost daily basis.

Ive felt fortunate enough to have spent some time in the shop working on my stuff and gatering data for the rest of us. so no worrys, hopefully I can have yours out within this week.

just as a refresher, you just needed a good turbo, no plenum or wastegate assembly right?

A.j.

Yep, just the turbo. Got the plenum off my turbo I have and already got the wastegate.

yeah any t3 center van be put into the stock housings, a te-44/ta-49 is as big as i would go. A good one would be a CT-26 off a supra they are really cheap! If you want this 87 turbo you can have it for $20, the compressor hit the housing a little but i filed it smooth, it will still work just fine with a set of bearings.

I just machined out the stock buick turbine housing and put it on my GT3582r that is going on my 300zx, so it doesnt come with that. call me and ill stop by sometime 8047315691

yeah any t3 center van be put into the stock housings, a te-44/ta-49 is as big as i would go. A good one would be a CT-26 off a supra they are really cheap! If you want this 87 turbo you can have it for $20, the compressor hit the housing a little but i filed it smooth, it will still work just fine with a set of bearings.

I just machined out the stock buick turbine housing and put it on my GT3582r that is going on my 300zx, so it doesnt come with that. call me and ill stop by sometime 8047315691

hey what would you charge to do some cover machining?

my shop cant cut them quick enough.

A.j.

if you have someone doing them, im not great at doing covers yet and it takes a long time. I would prefer not to, dont have alot of time during this part of the year

Contact Jerry Jr Aj. His dad did mine and he might be able to help you some as well. I have his number if you need it.

ITSNOTAGN, I was going to call you tonight but the number shows up as a Virginia number. Is that the right number? Im interested in the turbo for $20 for sure. If you want call me at 701-403-9806

Well have some bad news. Driving on Sunday when a guy in a mid 80's Ford came out of a gravel alley at about 20 and turned right in front of me. Didnt see him until he was right infront of me. Took out my header pannel, bumper cover, bent my aluminum bumper, fender, bent some brackets, headlight bezel, and put a dent in my rear quarter from the stupid running board.

Claims he couldnt see me but im still pissed off. Only good news is it might get the car repainted, and the insurance will cover all of it as it was his fault. Repair will cost more than the car is worth probably. I hope not though. Have all the parts for it too except the rear wheel molding.

Car is running fine though. Still need to get my turbo in from AJ and Ill feel a lot better. Burns enough oil out the thing that it smokes when I punch it from a stop. As long as I watch it it should be OK.

picture771.jpg

picture774.jpg

picture777.jpg

picture773.jpg

at lease its fix able. a dent puller some filler and paint will fix that all up. i hope the insurance covers it all.

Well make sure you have some knowledge on what the car's worth. Go to NADA.com and they have a classic section. Do a little pricing on how much the car is worth as a collector vehicle, then you can hit them where it hurts if they try to total it.

ouch! yes that is my # BTW, im probably heading out of town for the weekend. You live in that area of town eh? whose your dad anyway?

Well I picked up my 87 turbo off ITSNOTAGN's WE4 Wednesday. Should make a nice donor for the wheels to put on my 80 turbo once I get my 83 turbo in and installed. All I need is a rebuild kit and to get the housings machined.

When I get my turbo off I'm planning on doing some porting on the plenum, get some EGR block off plates made, and port the exhaust elbow. Maybe open up the wastgate hole a bit. With that big DP it shoulnt be hard to get boost creep.

One thing Ive noticed is the thing is decently fast. That 2.41 in the back kills it from anywhere under 15 and up to 2 PSI but once it hits 5 PSI up to 8 it actually starts to get moving.

picture804.jpg

picture805.jpg