Got a carb turbo torn apart and

This is the cam charleF1 has recomended.

https://secure.pawengineparts.com/shoppingcart/ShowItem.cfm?itemid=70512&catid=1435

Aparently it has just enough lift that it wont bottom out on the guides from what i have read. But my worry is that it has too much lift and will bottom out. I know lilspan tried it on his and he had a few bent pushrods. Thats my only hessitation to ordering it.

Lorenzo (LilSpann) had some issues with clearance on the pistons. He didn't check when he had the machine work done. If it's a stock unopened motor then you should be ok. Do a search in the engine section and you should find the info I posted on this very issue. Edlebrock designed their cam to clear an engine that was completely stock and unmodified so their max lift was .472 on the exhaust. The smaller lift max of .448 should clear if you haven't had any machine work done.

This is the cam charleF1 has recomended.

https://secure.pawengineparts.com/shoppingcart/ShowItem.cfm?itemid=70512&catid=1435

Aparently it has just enough lift that it wont bottom out on the guides from what i have read. But my worry is that it has too much lift and will bottom out. I know lilspan tried it on his and he had a few bent pushrods. Thats my only hessitation to ordering it.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/before-black-non-sfi-tech/301292-valve-springs.html

go to that thread.... it will tell you how to check the clearance. and ensure what happened wont again.

A.j.

Idont think you can go above 430 lift on the early heads so you might want to consider cutting the guides.

well I still have the cam i got from paw...looks brand new no scratches or marks.....

FORGOT TO TELL EVERYONE LAST WEEK MY 81 GP WAS STOLEN FROM THE MECHANIC THAT WAS WORKING ON MY CAR....I KNOW HE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT...IM JUST TRYING TO COLLECT PAPERWORK SO I CAN TAKE HIM TO COURT.....HE IS ALSO TRYING TO GIVE ME A CAR IN PLACE OF MY GP HES TALKING ABOUT GIVING ME A CHEVY CAPRICE I THINK IT HAS A 305 OR 350

Thats rough!!!! Sorry to hear about that.

What are you looking for price wise for the cam? Lifters included? Box, card all that stuff?

I could maybe let you have it for 60 shipping included.........just the cam only i think i still have the sheet of paper with all the specs....

well I still have the cam i got from paw...looks brand new no scratches or marks.....

FORGOT TO TELL EVERYONE LAST WEEK MY 81 GP WAS STOLEN FROM THE MECHANIC THAT WAS WORKING ON MY CAR....I KNOW HE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT...IM JUST TRYING TO COLLECT PAPERWORK SO I CAN TAKE HIM TO COURT.....HE IS ALSO TRYING TO GIVE ME A CAR IN PLACE OF MY GP HES TALKING ABOUT GIVING ME A CHEVY CAPRICE I THINK IT HAS A 305 OR 350

Sounds like your "mechanic" is a theif and has your car stashed somewhere. He must think he's gonna sell that carb turbo motor for 2k or something:rolleyes: Besides, who's gonna bother on stealing a GP that doesn't run well. Best of my knowledge GPs aren't that desireable and no motor offered in them wasn't gonna outrun any squad car;)

i know the way he was describing how the car got stole was weird...I know someone couldnt just drive it off because there was a leak in tranny pan and the fluid leaked all out...then he had a video camera around the shop but my car was in a spot out of the eye of the camera....then he keeps saying if i claim it im only going to get 400.00 but i have receipts with the machine work and etc....If i ever get my hands on a regal turbo or v6 gbody im going to do the carb turbo again...but try to beeef it up more much...you guys know anybody selling a g body in the southern states????

i did the bad thing about it is the mechanic shop is right on the line. His shop is located in Clinton and on the other side of the road it becomes Jackson. When he reported the car stole they added it to the ncis list or something like that

This sucks Lorenzo. I'm sorry to here this. Try placing an add on craigs list with a reward. Jim Seaton just had this happen to his GN and has gotten a very solid lead for the cops.

i know the way he was describing how the car got stole was weird...I know someone couldnt just drive it off because there was a leak in tranny pan and the fluid leaked all out...then he had a video camera around the shop but my car was in a spot out of the eye of the camera....then he keeps saying if i claim it im only going to get 400.00 but i have receipts with the machine work and etc....If i ever get my hands on a regal turbo or v6 gbody im going to do the carb turbo again...but try to beeef it up more much...you guys know anybody selling a g body in the southern states????

I've got an 83 Regal that's NA sitting at the house right now with a V6 in it. It does have some rust issues on the package tray area but other than that is runs and drives. I can send pics if you want.

i did the bad thing about it is the mechanic shop is right on the line. His shop is located in Clinton and on the other side of the road it becomes Jackson. When he reported the car stole they added it to the ncis list or something like that

NCIC is the national crime institute computer. It's used for background checks and statistics. As far as the guy trying to screw you over on the value I have a link for you as well as a cut and past if it works.

1981 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 Door Coupe price report at NADAguides.com

Original MSRP: $7,862

Low Retail Average Retail Value High Retail
Base Price $3,100 $4,825 $5,875
Options

301 Turbo V8 Engine 15% 15% 15%
Air Conditioning 10% 10% 10%
Phoenix SJ Package 5% 5% 5%
Sunroof 5% 5% 5%
TOTAL PRICE $4,185 $6,514 $7,931

It's not a perfect one but it's a h@ll of alot more than the guy tried to get you to believe. He's probibly going to file a mechanics leen on it if you settle and get the car for nothing. Go to the NADA.com home page and you can get the classic car value for it at the very least. Make sure you have the recipts and that should add to the value as well.:biggrin:

Sure was Jesse. Very rare option though. I remember seeing one in a salvage yard burned up when I was younger. Wish I'd taken parts of it then and put them away.

makes me think of the GP in a whole way now. i better start looking:biggrin: must have been rare, can't find any info on it, LOL

thanks im going to post a pic of the car on craiglist...charlie how much do you want for the car...? and wheres your location

I'm about 40 miles south of DFW. I bought the car with intentions of building it into a road racer and then ended up with the 83 and now the 82 so 1 to many projects for the moment. I've got $600 in it so you can have it for that if you want. Let's see if craigslist works as well for you as it did for Jim.

Make sure to go to NADA and print the page out with the pricing so you hit that dumb@ss up side the head with the value. He may just change his mind on trying to rip you off after all.

and why would you have to go through him to get payment? Isn't that what insurance companies are for?

and why would you have to go through him to get payment? Isn't that what insurance companies are for?

Seen this before Jesse. It's a scam. If he makes a claim with his insurance his rates will go up (and the insurance gets the car) so he's trying to get around that by offering a settlement. He's got the car stashed somewhere and will claim it as a mechanics lean or storage fees and get the car.:mad: This guy is scum.:mad: Nail his @ss to the wall and watch him squirm.:biggrin: