good deal or not?

iamjeff

next gen buick enthusiast
I'm looking for a daily driver, and thought i might see what the experts think. i posted this in the 3800 supercharged tech area, but it doesn't seem to be getting a whole lot of response. let me know what y'all think, and if there is anything in particular i should look out for.

1998 Buick Regal GS

-Jeff

Kendall Frederick had a '97. He put about 160K on it before it blew something (HG, dropped valve, been so long not sure what it was). I recall seeing you can buy replacement used engines for about $900 on ebay so at least parts are available, cheap and plentiful worst case.

I see the body damage in the additional photos link. You could definitely spray that with some rust inhibiting primer, top coat it with rattlecan paint, and cover it all up with a bra ($41 on ebay also). Sounds like alot of car for $2800. What else could you buy for the same amount? If you drove it 2 years it would be worth it even if you gave it away afterward.

I have a 1999 Regal GS I have been debating on selling........... its been my daily driver for 3 years now I think? Its white, PM or email me for details. Im actually looking at another car tomorrow...........

spoke with the owner this morning, and he said that the rear driver side door has a rinkle on the back edge (you can see it in the pictures), and it runs a little rough when cold. any input?

-Jeff

My 98 only has 90k mi but no real problems to speak of. I just changed the original plug wires with MSD's as under boost it felt like it was bogging down and repalced the coil packs(MSD's) while I was at it, now she runs like a champ. That may be a reason why its running a little rough?
Not a bad price if you can get a few more years out of it as a daily driver.

The prices of these cars seem to be falling hard and hopefully hit bottom:cool: Paid 24k in 99 now its worth 5k maybe:frown: