Good cam/kit choice

T-Type85David

I believe to have a stocker, runs fine n all. wondering about a cam choice. Looking for better then stock performance. The poston 107 cam/kit seems to be a great lil cam for semi stock/ few mods. Anyone here running a 107? Is it a good choice?if not, what cam is a good choice for all around. Also looking for a Tq convertor, the street brawler or 12'' 2400-2600 stall from pats i believe. Any of them good? Someone tell me the difference again between lockup and non, pros/cons. Again looking for a better then stock but not FULL RACE convertor:cool:

i looked at your signature and i dont see anything done with the heads. i wouldnt touch the cam if there isnt anything wrong with it. the stock cam will take you as far as you need to go in that hotair car until you put heads on it. then i would go with a 206/206. as far as converters you will have to make up your mind. lock up vs no lockup i like lockup since i drive it on the street more then the track. but then again it depends on what the car is going to be used for. with a Ta-33 i would go with a 2800-3000 stall. i have a 3000 stall in mine and it seems to work out well but then again im running a pretty big turbo. this is just my .02. you could get away with the 2400-2600 flash stall with a ta-33

So i cant run a 107 cam from postons? damn!, hmm well if the stocker is good then im ok with that.

As for the TQC, Street for me. can i get the D5 stall a bit more?? if so, where at and how much? What about the flywheel, i heard a lighter/stronger unit would reduce DT lost a bit.

First things first.
You said “looking for better than stock performance”.
If you define that in HP, or ¼ mile times and we can give more educated advise. :D

Secondly, the statement listed below from the POSTON's website, is to some extend incorrect, and, this vendor is not a site sponsor. :eek:
Many stock cammed cars usually run up to 4800-5000 rpm.
From POSTON’s website
GN 107T Ideal cam for stock engine. Compatible with stock computer. More horsepower and torque than the stock cam with no disadvantages. Stock cam dies at 4000 RPM. This cam pulls super strong to 5600.

One of the things you want to be careful off, it is end up with mismatched parts.
The important parts that need to be matched are; Turbo, converter, cam, heads.
So, putting a 3000 converter (example) on a stock engine will be exciting, but will not be a “brawler”, unless you have the supporting mods to utilize the converter. :eek:

If you want what I would consider to be "a brawler" with a HA car, I would recommend you start with;
1 - A GREAT tune for the current combo, which means a “good scan tool”, pump, HW, plugs & wires, ignition, MAF, Chip, etc.
2 - An alky kit and a good TT chip (V6.0) matched for your combo.
3 – Larger turbo, with converter.
4 – Cam, ported heads/intake, throttle body, DP and headers.

Good luck! :)

"a brawler" not my car:rolleyes: , i meant the TQC. I thought they sell one called "Brawler" or orange strip haha oops IDK maybe i was looking at a different site.
The 107 cam kit sounds fine.
As for the TQC, been looking at Pats web site. A good price n the stall is 2400-2600. Stock is 2200 i believe right?
When i 1st got this car i only wanted to free up all the power she already had. she runs way better now. Rebuilt turbo with upgrades, electric fan,exhaust kit, good tune up, fuel pump w/hotwire etc.:cool: So im left with thinking of a better then stock cam kit or what else can do:rolleyes: which is alot still:D
If i get one thing i get another to go with it and support that upgrade/mod;) I believe in "balance" Cant have a 800hp engine and a weak tranny or rear end or so.(examples)