Good book?

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
Anyone know any good books out there to read that might interest guys like us? I'm trying to pick reading back up but I can't decide on what to read. I'm open for any suggestions.

Just picked up Michael Waltrip's book about the day Earnhardt died. Haven't started reading it yet though. Called "In the blink of an eye".

Corvette in the barn

Hemi in the Barn

Motorcycle one is called Vincent in the barn

Real cool books on all these barn/rare vehicle finds.

I am almost finished with smokey yunick's autobiography, and it was VERY interesting. It's a bit pricey though, it's out of print and when it was new it was nearly $100. Poorly edited and full of slang terms just like you were actually talking to him.

The other book I suggest, was one I bought for my mother was called "cheaters". It was about the history of cheating in nascar. I had to read it before I gave it to her. I'm sure that there have been books written about the history of the NHRA as well. Haven't gotten there yet.

Anyone know any good books out there to read that might interest guys like us? I'm trying to pick reading back up but I can't decide on what to read. I'm open for any suggestions.

I just finished Lone Survivor, Marcus Lutrell. Read it in three sittings, hard to put down. Very gut wrenching at times. True story of a American hero. Phil.

Seeds of Deception by Jeffrey M. Smith

If more people read to aquire knowledge instead of as entertainment, we might get somewhere.

Mickey Thompson: The Fast Life and Tragic Death of a Racing Legend

I read it cover to cover on a long flight and I'm not a big reader.

The Driver by Alex Roy was pretty sweet. It chronicles all of his cross country race attempts and gumball rally trips he went on. Pretty tough to stop reading once you get a few chapters in.

Do I need to put on the tin-foil to read it??:rolleyes:

I would suggest you do. It's got a bibliography in the back that uses about a whole page +/- per chapter. Definitely crazy when you can actually search the source material.:p

I would suggest you do. It's got a bibliography in the back that uses about a whole page +/- per chapter. Definitely crazy when you can actually search the source material.:p

I guess I'll break out the foil!!:D

Hunger Games. 3 book series & i could not put it down! 1st book i read in 20 years. Fast moving , lots of action.

I picked up Michael Waltrips book "In the blink of an eye" and i cant put it down. I also grabbed "The road" to read next. Im going to go grab a few of the others you guys suggested. Thanks for the recommendations.

Here is on for you The indomitable Tin Goose by Charles t Pearson

This is a biography of Preston Tucker and his creation the Tucker 48 this book is great i am 18 i read it and i did a re search paper on it last year it really shows you how far a head of time this car was it will blow your mind i thought it was really cool!!!