Go ahead and laugh, but...

Airbags

I zip tied it up in the most sqeeshed position i could find and got it stuck in there . I tried cursing and yelling first but that didnt work out well . Good luck on it :p

LOL! :D

I only laugh because I've BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! You'll get it... lots of good advice above!

I do not know didly squat about installing bags, but for real, that picture is just hilarious:D Maybe cause it looks like a limp whoopie cushion in there.:)

I place the nipple up because I thought it would be easier to route the air lines. Does the bag not work as well this way??

***UPDATE***

Thanks for the tips, I finally got one in. But I don't think they're going to work with these aftermarket springs. The springs are too narrow. :mad:

This is what I mean...

Inflated

Deflated

The bag stays folded in on itself in a couple of places.

Not sure what to do now, I like the ride height of the car, I don't really want to put the stockers back on. I may call Air Lift and see if they can recommend a different set that would fit these narrow springs.

Anyhow, thanks for all the advice, a little WD40, a little less air and a lot of patience did the trick.

Keep an eye out in the 'For Sale' section, these bags just might end up in there!

I have Eibach springs and air bags in both sides. They went in pretty easy and still work fine.

Jacob

the airbags do come in different diameters, I am unsure if your springs are smaller or if you have got the wrong bags.

If your springs are smaller, you could try a set from a firebird or maybe the mustang, measure your i.d. of the spring and the height of the spring (with the weight of the car on it) and let Air Lift know that info when you call them, I am sure they have something for you.

FWIW I laughed also, I just went through a stuation like this on my station wagon, and there is way less room to work on that than there was my T.

WOW!!! :) I just came in from putting my new Belltech rear springs in my car (lowering it a couple inches) and went through the HASSLES of transferring the air bag from the stock springs to my new ones. So I had a GOOD LAUGH seeing that pic as I just went through it myself. And I don't have the little nipple to stop air from going in the bag anymore so I had to wrestle with the spring and bag out in the driveway. I KNOW my neighbors had a good laugh at my expense while I was doing it. :D But it is in, and fits.

Derrick