Gnx louvers ?

Ok guys not to sure if I'm posting this in the right spot if not sorry and feel free to move it of needed but I am looking for opinions here what do you guys think of putting gns fender louvers on a 87 gn I'm not looking to make a clone just thinking about putting the louvers on

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What are the advantages or disadvantages of functional and non functional vents?

Sent from my DROID3 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

functional gets the hot air out of the engine compartment, which helps with cooling... it also helps with the aero of the car by reducing the amount of air under the hood that causes the front end to lift.

I was thinking about getting the ones from kirbans and they also have the extras to make them functional has anyone herd if there any good?

I was thinking about getting the ones from kirbans and they also have the extras to make them functional has anyone herd if there any good?

I believe the "real" GNX louvers attached to the functional duct brackets on the inner side of the fenders using screws.
The aftermarket versions requires adhesive or tape to attach them to the outside of the fender.
I have had issues with mine, they want to peel away from the fender...the body shop used adhesive..it lasted a year.
Any suggestions ?

I used 3M tape. Something like this. I had to double up the tape but it isn’t coming off period.

D

T2MVx3XjJcXXXXXXXX_!!132989916.jpg

Dose anyone have a pic of there car with aftermarket or kirban louvers on there car ?

Attachments

• 1376524341226.jpg
    1376524341226.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 1376524357700.jpg
    1376524357700.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 1376524389452.jpg
    1376524389452.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 153
I heard the kirban ones are good dead on exact key of course is putting the corect one on the correct side of the car. Once you do the install there is no turning back since you are cutting a hole in your fender. Kirban ones are now made by another company and we carry them they are exact.

yes we make a kit to relocate the relays under the hood to duplicate a real GNX....

any time you can remove heat from the engine compartment its a good thing....heck most Turbo regals are already removing the oil from the engine drip by drip on your garage floor.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis Kirban: any time you can remove heat from the engine compartment its a good thing....heck most Turbo regals are already removing the oil from the engine drip by drip on your garage floor.

Hahahahahahahahahaha oh so true!

Thanks for the info Dennis as soon as my Paypal funds clear you will have an order thanks again for all the posts guys

I heard the kirban ones are good dead on exact key of course is putting the corect one on the correct side of the car. Once you do the install there is no turning back since you are cutting a hole in your fender. Kirban ones are now made by another company and we carry them they are exact.

yes we make a kit to relocate the relays under the hood to duplicate a real GNX....

any time you can remove heat from the engine compartment its a good thing....heck most Turbo regals are already removing the oil from the engine drip by drip on your garage floor.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Was this aimed at me....are mine somehow installed wrong or "upside down" or on the wrong side of the car?

I am also interested in the relay relocation but didn't see on your website.

Please shoot me a price.