Aftermarket ECU

If you stay with a chip other than the 6.1, you should still use the Powerlogger to log your runs. It's the easiest way to keep track of your tune and health of systems on the car. Logs can show you if you need to do some adjustments to the chip. Aftermarket ecu's do offer some features that will save your ass, see post 18 and can greatly refine the tune. Are they the end all to running quick? No. But they do offer a lot of adjustments in the tune that a chip will not be able to do. You have to be willing to learn them too. Most guys find a guru to help them learn and tune.

Are they the end all to running quick? No. But they do offer a lot of adjustments in the tune that a chip will not be able to do. You have to be willing to learn them too. Most guys find a guru to help them learn and tune.
This 100%. Properly speced/tuned TT chip would be just as fast as all this aftermarket ecu stuff.

The learning curve is pretty steep but the base tune that the ecu-GN came with was really pretty close. The one Cruz provided with the Holley was pretty close too but the self learn on the Holley tightened it up pretty quick. Both started up and idled and drove with no tweaking.

It was nice to be able to remove all the extra boxes, gadgets, relays and wiring. I ran new wiring for the fuel pumps, fuel sender and fans and used a MSD solid state relay triggered by the Holley. With the Holley dash I was able to get rid of all the extra gauges and switches.

You can also stack the coils on the back where the stock one was or even remote mount them on the fender.
This is how mine are being mounted .

Attachments

• 42653_compress51.jpg
    42653_compress51.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 42654_compress81.jpg
    42654_compress81.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 129
Not really needed if you are going straight E85 and running in the 11's. If you want the features of the newer ECU's then go for it.

The ecu-GN is great if your wiring harness is in great shape. Really plug and play. You can get the Holley with a wiring harness specifically made for the Buick (Cruz Performance made mine) Both installs are pretty straightforward and easy.

I feel ecu-GN falls between the HP and Dominator from the Holley line with it's features. The HP and the Terminator X are pretty limited in the input/output department (4 of each). The Dominator and the ecu-GN have a lot of I/O. The Dominator can control a electronically controlled transmission. The software on the Holley IMO is easier to use than the one for the ecu-GN. The self-learn on the Holley can be used without a laptop; I am pretty sure you need to have your laptop hooked up an running the self-learn process on the ecu-GN but I am not 100% sure.

Either way is a decent chunk of change and may be hard to justify with how well the stock ECU and TT chips work.

I have a Holley Dominator on my car and love it. Great boost control, flex fuel, controls both fuel pumps with no hobbs switch, plus it's nice having the safeties the systems can provide. The 12.3" dash is also awesome.
View attachment 391323
View attachment 391324
i know this is an old thread but i have an holley hp with holley harness from cruz where do i connect my factory dash harness too.any help will be appreciated.

Yall know there’s a plug and play MS3Pro now for our cars? At a fraction of the price of the Holley or the ecugn especially now that it’s 2200$? Just food for thought for those who want more capabilities but don’t have unlimited money

Yall know there’s a plug and play MS3Pro now for our cars? At a fraction of the price of the Holley or the ecugn especially now that it’s 2200$? Just food for thought for those who want more capabilities but don’t have unlimited money
Read post 22
Who is supporting that😉

I believe the Cruz harness has I think is called a C100 plug that plugs Into the bulkhead plug under the break booster
This should be the integration from engine harness to dash. Factory tach or boost gage probably will not work. Water temp and oil pressure will be seen via Holley
Our dash docent really provide a lot of info even though the tach and boost are not real handy it is a unique

I believe the Cruz harness has I think is called a C100 plug that plugs Into the bulkhead plug under the break booster
This should be the integration from engine harness to dash. Factory tach or boost gage probably will not work. Water temp and oil pressure will be seen via Holley
Our dash docent really provide a lot of info even though the tach and boost are not real handy it is a unique

Ok thank you, and yes my gauges are vdo so im good there.But my battery is in the trunk how go i power the fuse box under dash for lights widow door locks headlights i appreciate your help thank you.

the fusible link that goes to the starter should go to the C100 and power up the fuse block
so my cruz engine harness that connects to the starter powers my fuse box so the wire itself is a fusible link correct. thank you so much for your help.

Last edited:
yes, Its just a guess I don't have a Cruz harness But 3 fusible link that connect to the starter spell your hot feed to C100