GNX for the famous

$30,000 invested in stocks in 1987 would be worth $300,000 today. Cars are great to drive and enjoy but they are not the greatest investments IMO.

Correction - it would be worth about $150k today:eek:

Much like stocks, it depends on the car. And much like stocks, you have to just sit on it and not drive it.

TIP: SRT-8 Jeep Cherokee is going to be a collectable. They're not selling well right now because they're over priced, but buy one and sit on it for 20 years and you'll get a nice return. IMO.

Back to the subject: Has Jay Leno ever owned a GNX? I figured he would have had one in his stable at some time.

I said it once, and its worth sayin again,
The GNX is like a Mutual Fund...that does big smokey burnouts!
cars are a break even at best. figuring inflation rate, expenses, and insurance, the $30,000 we avg on a GNX sale was a break even....in simple math it looks like a $15k profit, but I agree, it really isnt.....It just isnt losing $ like buying a new Taurus always was.

You guys wanna see appreciation, and like to fondle your investments, try looking at machineguns.

A Colt M16 in 1986 was around $1200 brand new.

Now they are fetching $14,000+

NFA Firearms Ads

Expect the new politicians pushing more anti-gun laws to drive prices up again.

Every time cars were concerned, I've lost money. The only thing I've EVER made money on was machineguns.

I've got a wicked looking tech 9 with a 24 shot clip. (I think its a tech 9,don't know much about guns). I paid $100 for it several years ago. Wonder what its worth now?

dave navaro

dave got his as a wedding gift from his ex wife carmen electra, now thats the kind of woman i need ,,,,,,, hot and great taste in cars

dave got his as a wedding gift from his ex wife carmen electra, now thats the kind of woman i need ,,,,,,, hot and great taste in cars

Wonder which had more use and abuse....Carmen or the GN???:tongue: :tongue: :biggrin: But i bet she still tastes GGGGGRRRREAT!!

Gn/x

I saw that car show where he was showing it off. remember he was smoking in it... that really schocked me.. And i bet the GN has way more tread lift with original tires and 100,000 miles than Carmen does....