GNX for the famous

scott g

Does anyone know what the numbers are of the cars owned buy some of the famous people that bought them???

Charlie Sheen owned GNX 151. A guy close to me bought the car from him. The guy lived here in NC at the time. He flew to CA and drove the car back to NC.

Mac

Babe Mobile?

Just out of curiosity, is that the car Charlie Sheen used to pick up all those girls? I always thought of the GNX as a performance vehicle and not a babe-mobile. Perhaps it performs in all areas.

I think its a pretty safe bet that all those babes could have cared less if he was driving around in a rusted out 85 caprice. ;)

I have an Auto Week magazine from 1987 that includes an article about NHRA racer Kenny Bernstein racing his GNX in Ohio. His girfriend ran him in a GN. He had a funny car at the time and it was sponsored by Buick so maybe they set him up with getting a deal on a GNX.

In the story it mentions about a guy racing his turbo Regal and that car broke. In the article from '87 it mentions the name of that racer as Red Armstrong!

Paul

I have an Auto Week magazine from 1987 that includes an article about NHRA racer Kenny Bernstein racing his GNX in Ohio. His girfriend ran him in a GN. He had a funny car at the time and it was sponsored by Buick so maybe they set him up with getting a deal on a GNX.

That car was in Oklahoma and sold on eBay a few months back. I think #270. Nice clean car, and I think maybe the book or the window sticker was signed by Kenny Bernstein.

Some more famous people that owned GNXs are Reggie Jackson,Fuzzy Zoeller and Charles Schwab.But I don't know what #s they owned. :confused:

You called Fuzzy Zoeller famous!!! I want some of what your smoking!!!:tongue: I thought that was a type of rug back in the 70's! LOL

You called Fuzzy Zoeller famous!!! I want some of what your smoking!!!:tongue: I thought that was a type of rug back in the 70's! LOL

Come on, Fuzzy got all kinds of media attention when he made racial comments about Tiger Woods. :tongue:

not gnx's, but dave navaro and sean penn owned gn's. I would imagine, that a decent amount of stars and rich people in 84-87 owned one of these at one time.

I remember that Sean Penn (aka major douchebag) had a gun in his GN when it was stolen.

Bruce made out on that deal, he paid 29,900 and sold it to Ben in 1990 for 30,000. Nice to drive a car for 3 years and not lose any money.

How DO you lose money on A GNX again?! You have to try to get screwed....unless you are buying it now. Orig owners should all have made money.(We avged making right at $30,000 per GNX over what we paid, and $15,000 per GN from our low mile collection).