GNX for sale....Cheap?

where do you start when you fix a car like that?

they use "damage history" lightly...they should say that it was "totally destroyed"

somebody had to have died in that wreck, the frame on that side is in the middle of the car

They put the drivetrain in a completely different donor car. There was nothing useable about the original body and frame. Had there been, it could be called a GNX still but they started from scratch. The new owner will not be getting a true GNX. I think the price is way out of line for what it is. It might be a $20K car max.

Just goes to show that you can repair anything if you have enough money. Looks like they did a great job "fixing" the GNX but how much of the original car is actually left? Wonder if it is really even a GNX anymore??

i inquired about it........the response:
"GNX298 indeed hit a tree. The best part of the story, the driver survived and gave us a hand in the rebuilding process."

So basically they took the GNX parts and put them on a good 87 GN, then just swapped vins?? That is my guess, the body and the frame were not repairable, and they used a GN for it. Isn't it illegal to swap vins like that? As far as I am concerned, that is not GNX 298. GNX 298 died a horrible death. This is an 87 GN that had the heart and rear of a GNX transplanted. Still not a GNX.

I agree with wagon. That's just a GNX clone now, albeit with factory GNX parts. The real car died in the crash.

Originally posted by SinistrV6
I agree with wagon. That's just a GNX clone now, albeit with factory GNX parts. The real car died in the crash.

I called to inquire about the car..they failed to mention in the ad,that the car has a rebuilt salvage title...also..in ohio where i am,it's illegal to remove a VIN tag,and attach it to another body..i think they slipped it by the inspectors.....

GNX Clone???

GNX # 298 posted on July 23 in turbobuick.com in another thread

Good to hear what others thought about GNX # 298...

the part is it is not illegal to post GNX dash plate number to a real GN...

the owner gave more than a hand... one less true GNX in the world...

my question has anyone seen a 100 mile GN sell for more than $30,000 in the last 2 years??? or better yet even $60,000 as stated on ebay for the 420 mile GN, claiming a 100 mile GN sold for... just wondering??

later
Brett

Re: GNX Clone???

Originally posted by GNregistry
GNX # 298 posted on July 23 in turbobuick.com in another thread

Good to hear what others thought about GNX # 298...

the part is it is not illegal to post GNX dash plate number to a real GN...

the owner gave more than a hand... one less true GNX in the world...

my question has anyone seen a 100 mile GN sell for more than $30,000 in the last 2 years??? or better yet even $60,000 as stated on ebay for the 420 mile GN, claiming a 100 mile GN sold for... just wondering??

it's not illegal to put on a GNX dash plate...but it is to alter the VIN plate on the dash....you can get jail time for that one..

later
Brett

yea thats NOT GNX 298 after the 'resto'. Take a look at the after pics.. Horrible. And that body shop puffs their chest and says.. and I quote.. "restorations so good, don't even dare to compare us to anyone else" umm yea right. Look at the after engine.. HORRIBLE. Yea these guys are to good to compare.,. idiots..

ive been thinking about this car all nite as to whether its a GNX still or not, and I think i am going to disagree with most on here, but in theory, not nessessarily on THIS car.
if you were able to remove every GNX part and transplant it, including vin tags (whether illegal or not) then i would say it is GNX.
IF after all was said and done, Mclaren themselves could not even tell the diff....then why isnt it a GNX? The only difference between a real GNX and a clone is the official number right? But in essence its the same car...just did not roll off the line/mclaren factory that way.
Now dont get me wrong, im not sure i would have gone the route they did, i would have let GNX 298 die.
I do see a difference in making a GNX 548 vs using all parts from an EXISTING GNX and transplanting it all.

just another way to look at it...

Wow, and I thought my 84 was bad when I smashed it. That thing is done, I wouldnt even think about rebuilding it.

They didn't. They just claim to have rebuilt it. They really just retagged another car.

The thing is, if they had just bought a garden variety Regal, and done this, it would have taken a little more work, but they would have saved themselves a bundle.
I betcha they didn't put the GNX bushings in that car.

You fools

What makes a GNX a GNX?

The turbo
The intercooler
The EPROM
The plaques
The Badges
The Fender Flares
The Louvers
The Rear End.
The Wheels.

If they put all of that stuff on a GN body the SAME WAY GM did in 1987, then IT'S A GNX.

They have shops building eleanor clones, and guess what? They are true shelby/ford mustangs. Why wouldn't the same go for this? There is nothing special about a GNX aside from the fact that GM contracted a large company to convert them! If someone takes a GN and does the SAME EXACT THING to it, then how is it not a GNX?

however, i do NOT approve of the use of BONDO!

That one really sucks.. the spent a lot of time on that car, they could have found better body panels surely..

It's NOT the real deal . No way! original body totaled original frame totaled. It's BS. I will call it. Just like taking a 70 malibu and putting all the 454 stuff on it and calling it an SS 454 car. CRAP! I will take this 83 monte carlo I have out side and put a few GN badges on it and sell it as a Grand National !! heck it's a G-body to:D