GNX #385 For Sale at Barrett-Jackson

There is one on ebay with 10 miles. The owner had it listed for 105k. After the bj one sold, he raised the price to 125k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would someone buy a GNX at Barret-Jackson for 150k PLUS a hefty commission when they could have bought one with only 8 miles on it for 105k? I was in Vegas several years ago when a GNX sold at Barret-Jackson for over 20k more than you could have bought Reggie Jackson's GNX with lower miles that was for sale a mile away down the strip at the Imperial Palace car collection. B-J buyers sure love to throw cash around. They remind me of that rich kids cel phone service tv commercial.

not having seen the car in question, how can you tell if the side moldings are riveted , or glued? (from the outside)
99.9% of the ones I've seen were glued on. but then again, that part of the car was not an area I was closely inspecting.
I personally, am glad to see turbo Buicks increase in price, as they have been over looked for a long time.

Cruzn , I'm the one that initially brought that up . In close pictures of it at The Toy Barn , I can tell the kind of molding it is (have done body/paint for years now) , the molding(metal part) gets put/held in place, there are holes inside the track , you drill thru those thru the sheetmetal of the car,pop rivet to fasten it on , then push in the rubber strip into the channel thus hiding the rivets .
It's one thing to have a molding put on like the factory double side tape , easy to remove , but that style (riveted) just destroyed the car IMO . A GNX looks so out of place with bodyside molding.
None the less , holy cow , I can't believe the car pulled that kind of money , I was predicting it was gonna fizzle out around $80k as there are quite a few for sale in that range , and one I know of with less miles !!!!!

I watched it on BJ, and knew ahead of time what the outcome was, but was still surprised.
yes, over paid, but sure wish it was me that sold it for that amount,
thanks for the info on molding.

That car does have the riveted molding witch caught my eye right away seeing it in person. I found it odd because I have never seen a GNX with side moldings. Condition was not what I expected for such a low mile car so I looked and admired for a bit and just moved on never thinking it would go for high dollar. I remember telling my brother who was there with me that it was for sale for over $100k before and the seller will probably be pissed when it only gets $80k. If only I would have known I would have taken better/more pics and looked it over better. It's a very nice car but it did have a couple flaws. 20150417_161225 (Small).jpg 20150417_161447 (Small).jpg 20150417_161508 (Small).jpg 20150417_161600 (Small).jpg

The fan relays on a GNX were set up different?
Yes, They had to make a bracket to move them in front of the wiper motor because there is a hole in the inner fender well where they are bolted on a regular turbo Buick. This had to be done to accommodate the duct work for the side vents. Similar mod done on the passenger side too.

Why would someone buy a GNX at Barret-Jackson for 150k PLUS a hefty commission when they could have bought one with only 8 miles on it for 105k? I was in Vegas several years ago when a GNX sold at Barret-Jackson for over 20k more than you could have bought Reggie Jackson's GNX with lower miles that was for sale a mile away down the strip at the Imperial Palace car collection. B-J buyers sure love to throw cash around. They remind me of that rich kids cel phone service tv commercial.
He could have had one at Kissimmee that wasn't even dealer prepped yet for 100K. This clown may have just skewed the GN market all together.

Hey Gang, thanks so much for all the kind words about my car at Barrett....For the record the buyer told me that the reason he bought it was,it was the only car he could find with Dealer Installed Body Side Moldings! Maybe you guys should consider them for your cars:)

Hey Gang, thanks so much for all the kind words about my car at Barrett....For the record the buyer told me that the reason he bought it was,it was the only car he could find with Dealer Installed Body Side Moldings! Maybe you guys should consider them for your cars:)
That's pretty funny,looks like a nice car to me

I certainly didn't order the car new, nor would the bodyside moldings been my choice at the time. I will tell that every dealer who had an X marked the cars up over window and added equipment if possible to justify the additional cost. Nonetheless it was a great car, and I hope its new caretaker enjoys it! As far as the term "mistake" goes, the bottom line is, there aren't a whole bunch of these cars floating around and not all cars have perfect pedigrees and they all have varying conditions. In this case 2 different bidders wanted to add the car to their collections obviously, and in my humble opinion, the entire Turbo Buick market has increased in interest and value over the last 5 years. A trend likely to continue as new buyers enter the market with the ability to buy that had interest in these cars when they were young.

I certainly didn't order the car new, nor would the bodyside moldings been my choice at the time. I will tell that every dealer who had an X marked the cars up over window and added equipment if possible to justify the additional cost. Nonetheless it was a great car, and I hope its new caretaker enjoys it! As far as the term "mistake" goes, the bottom line is, there aren't a whole bunch of these cars floating around and not all cars have perfect pedigrees and they all have varying conditions. In this case 2 different bidders wanted to add the car to their collections obviously, and in my humble opinion, the entire Turbo Buick market has increased in interest and value over the last 5 years. A trend likely to continue as new buyers enter the market with the ability to buy that had interest in these cars when they were young.

Good point, but this one was way overvalued by this buyer.