GNX 363 on ebay-Strange location of emblem

FWIW & IMHO: If I was to guess with only the info that we have, repaint.

HMMMM!!! A repaint with only 800 miles by a shop that can not remember where to put the emblems they took off. I emailed the owner with the same ?, let you know what he says. Kevin

There was a post about 3 months back regarding this same issue on a GN. It was on the same side as the GNX. A few people claimed that some came out of the factory this way, but none of the people who claimed this were original owners. And this would not be the first car with virtually no miles that had a repaint. I know of a GNX sitting on a showroom floor that has about 230 miles on it and it has already had a repaint. If you do not wash and wax the paint occasionally, it will go south, or north, or east.

The GNX's are sometimes a bit 'off'. Keep in mind, the cars were hand built, and at times maybe a Asc / Mclaren worker got Lazy....Its not too uncommon the see the fender flares on GNX's pulled a bit away from the body, and not 100% flush. Its really hard to say much more about the car due to the Pictures in the Auction.

You are absolutely right about the paint. I looked at GNX321 locally here in Detroit. The owner bought it new, paid a 10K premium and still had the sticker in the window. Yhe car had 811 miles but the paint was a disaster. Throwing a cover over a vehicle for 17 years is not the best of care. The paint had all these imperfection and raised areas, a little Meguiars #6 every couple of years would have done wonders. Oh, I just spoke to the owner of 363 and he never noticed the emblem was out of place. Go figure!

I can tell ya that this car is legit. The paint is untouched. The car was bought from New England area and drove back to here and stored. NO paint work ever.. The dealer may have moved the emblem to put theirs on?? who knows..