GNS LED issues

So that was an easy fix!!! Thanks Aaron.
Scot, may need to revise the instructions for people with digi rears already.

This is why I love this board!

No problem.... I wonder why the instructions said to mount the units at the front.... I did the initial testing for Scot/Mike and I mounted them to the rear harness....which worked [confused]

oh well. At least we figured it out.... hopefully others find this post before everyone installs them up front. Glad it worked for you.

aaron

No problem.... I wonder why the instructions said to mount the units at the front.... I did the initial testing for Scot/Mike and I mounted them to the rear harness....which worked [confused]

oh well. At least we figured it out.... hopefully others find this post before everyone installs them up front. Glad it worked for you.

aaron
Not sure why, maybe just a simple error. Here's the page:

IMG_20120405_172426.jpg

here's a small write-up.... hopefully it helps someone.
aaron

FRTLEDwiring.jpg

Thanks Aaron for all your help on this, you have been a true help during this whole process! I really like the install of the resistors and the way you installed the boards into your bezels. With the Butyl tape it will make for a much easier un-install if need be and it should still seal everything off very well from the elements... Another fine example of an install.

Glad you got them working! Spaghetti wrote the instructions and did the revised version as well but I wrote them and informed them of this post and the issues so i'm sure they will get them fixed up...

SW.

Went out last night to test everything out. Worked great!!! Only thing is my dash blinker lights stay on all the time when the headlights are on. They're dim, but stay on. When the blinkers are activated, the dash light side I activated turns brighter. Didn't notice it in the daytime. Maybe need to keep bulbs in the small sockets up front? These cars will be the death of me, lol

Just received the new up-dated instructions from the manufacture and they are revised to show how to install the resistors in the rear of the car. Thanks again Aaron!

Just received the new up-dated instructions from the manufacture and they are revised to show how to install the resistors in the rear of the car. Thanks again Aaron!
Can you post those up or email them out.

Can you post those up or email them out.
Sorry I'm late replying, family was in town and we were in the mountains with No cell service! lol I can forward them but they lack a few things like the templates..... If you have the templates it would be no problem!

Send me a E-mail addy and I will send it your way.......

ok finally got time to try and install front led's again. Everything is working properly now.
Only thing is one of the boards isn't lighting all the way. Is there any thing I can do to fix this?
2012-05-02-21.08.19.jpg

Scott,
I have the digitails, look great. Spaghetti helped me troubleshoot a very rare issue.
What/how does the front led setup work - sequential / both lights work on turn / etc?

Scott,
I have the digitails, look great. Spaghetti helped me troubleshoot a very rare issue.
What/how does the front led setup work - sequential / both lights work on turn / etc?
Hi Roger,

The front LED turn signal/running lights are not sequential so they flash like the OEM lights but MUCH brighter!

SW.

Went out last night to test everything out. Worked great!!! Only thing is my dash blinker lights stay on all the time when the headlights are on. They're dim, but stay on. When the blinkers are activated, the dash light side I activated turns brighter. Didn't notice it in the daytime. Maybe need to keep bulbs in the small sockets up front? These cars will be the death of me, lol
After reading this post you got me thinking so I decided to go out to the shop and see what was causing this issue.

Keep in mind this issue ONLY happens with our Front & Rear LED's installed on the Buick's!!!

I contacted my good friend from here (GaryK1970) and he explained to me what the function of those wires do and he nailed it. It seems the way these cars were wired from the factory this little front Side marker/turn signal 194 bulb actually flashes Opposite of the other front turn signals and because of that it causes a problem with the interior Turn signal indicators. Gary will chime in i'm sure but to solve this problem of the turn signal indicators staying on I removed the headlight bezels and removed the small 194 bulb from the side marker light, then I cut the black wire going to each one (Indicators in dash are now Out).... This will make those bulbs inoperable but if you then take a small piece of black wire and attach it to the bulb end and run it to a good body/chassis ground the bulb will light up when the head lights are on, the interior turn signal indicators will operate properly now...

NOTE: The ONLY downfall to doing this is the small side marker/turn light will only remain lit while the lights are on, It WILL NOT FLASH anymore because it was removed from the harness and it's function...Gary & I plan to keep doing some testing on this silly little side marker/turn signal light to hopefully get it to operate properly without having to completely disable it's function..

Gary K,
Thank you for all your help, advice and knowledge !!

Scot W.

After reading this post you got me thinking so I decided to go out to the shop and see what was causing this issue.

Keep in mind this issue ONLY happens with our Front & Rear LED's installed on the Buick's!!!

I contacted my good friend from here (GaryK1970) and he explained to me what the function of those wires do and he nailed it. It seems the way these cars were wired from the factory this little front Side marker/turn signal 194 bulb actually flashes Opposite of the other front turn signals and because of that it causes a problem with the interior Turn signal indicators. Gary will chime in i'm sure but to solve this problem of the turn signal indicators staying on I removed the headlight bezels and removed the small 194 bulb from the side marker light, then I cut the black wire going to each one (Indicators in dash are now Out).... This will make those bulbs inoperable but if you then take a small piece of black wire and attach it to the bulb end and run it to a good body/chassis ground the bulb will light up when the head lights are on, the interior turn signal indicators will operate properly now...

NOTE: The ONLY downfall to doing this is the small side marker/turn light will only remain lit while the lights are on, It WILL NOT FLASH anymore because it was removed from the harness and it's function...Gary & I plan to keep doing some testing on this silly little side marker/turn signal light to hopefully get it to operate properly without having to completely disable it's function..

Gary K,
Thank you for all your help, advice and knowledge !!

Scot W.

You guys are great! Thanks for the continued effort in this!!!!