GNS LED issues

The electronic flasher will fix the largest issue which is the load is not big enough for a tradional flasher to operate. Like posted there is no computer to monitor any bulb circuit.......the maker in the hl housing is using the turn signal for ground when it isn't on .......that why it alternates with the turn sign lamp.....easiest fix is to:
1) turn on park lights.brown wire at lamp in the hl bezel should be positive.leave this wire alone.
2) the other wire black or LT blue (I'm sitting at lunch going off memory) cut it.
3) wire side to harness tape off.
4) wire on bulb side crimp on a ring terminal and ground it with a self tapping screw.
All should be well now...

to clarify the actual problem.... THE FRONT LED TURN SIGNALS WORK FINE, and to my knowledge have always worked fine, the actual problem was [for those of us who have the Digi-Tail, Rear light kit] while signaling the system works perfect,UNTIL the Running Lights or Headlights were introduced into the equation. Then the Front LEDs flashed as normal but the Rears did not flash as they were supposed to. We have been working with Spaghetti, as mentioned, and the introduction of a Resistor wired into the TAILLIGHT Circuit has seemed to fix the problem. I have tried [personally] a number of resistors and we have [i think] solved the problem.

I don't know if the issues apply to those cars without Rear LEDs or if it is just localized to those running all the GNS LED Kits. My car has ALL LEDs in EVERY location and I have had TWO LED Flashers since the initial install of the Digi-Tails years ago.

Hope this clears up the actual problem a little. And Gary yes on our cars Brown is the running Lights, Blue and Light Blue is the Turn Signal [front] and Green and Yellow is the Turn Signal Rear.

aaron

Got my kit today!!! Thanks Scot.

Only question is do I need to use the flasher that came with the kit. I seem to remember the same one used for my tail lights. I haven't looked at it yet though.

Awesome service as always

Scot, please check your PMs...

I also have a small issue with the kit working but I want to square the other thing away first

to clarify the actual problem.... THE FRONT LED TURN SIGNALS WORK FINE, and to my knowledge have always worked fine, the actual problem was [for those of us who have the Digi-Tail, Rear light kit] while signaling the system works perfect,UNTIL the Running Lights or Headlights were introduced into the equation. Then the Front LEDs flashed as normal but the Rears did not flash as they were supposed to. We have been working with Spaghetti, as mentioned, and the introduction of a Resistor wired into the TAILLIGHT Circuit has seemed to fix the problem. I have tried [personally] a number of resistors and we have [i think] solved the problem.

This is exactly my issue now. I have the "new revised" kit and when the running lights are off, everything works perfectly. When running or headlights are on, the passenger side works perfectly, the drivers rear will not blink. Any ideas?? Have all digi lights. Do I need to wire in something for the rear as you stated?

Did you wire in the resistors that were sent to you? post up some pics

Aaron

Yup, exactly as the instructions indicated. These came with the kit itself. It's the newer kit

IMG_20120404_133249.jpg

Yup, exactly as the instructions indicated. These came with the kit itself. It's the newer kit

Do you still have the LED flasher installed in the fuse box? If so, since you wired in the new resistors the LED flasher in the fuse box is no longer needed and you can install the OEM flasher back in.... This was explained to me from the owner of spaghetti engineering and it may be something that is stopping them from working properly with the new resistors...

Do you still have the LED flasher installed in the fuse box? If so, since you wired in the new resistors the LED flasher is no longer needed and you can install the OEM flasher back in.... This was explained to me from the owner of spaghetti engineering and it may be something that is stopping them from working properly with the new resistors...

I have the LED flasher installed up by the column from the original tail light install. Stock flasher in the fuse box

That's weird ....wonder why they had you wire in the resistor up front. When I did mine I wired in a resistor on the rear signal wires... the yellow and green wires in the trunk. And FWIW I have and have always had two LED flashers.... I will post pics in a bit

Aaron

On a side note are you sure those quick taps went all the way through the insulation.... I never trust those I always solder my connections....

That's weird ....wonder why they had you wire in the resistor up front. When I did mine I wired in a resistor on the rear signal wires... the yellow and green wires in the trunk. And FWIW I have and have always had two LED flashers.... I will post pics in a bit

Aaron

On a side note are you sure those quick taps went all the way through the insulation.... I never trust those I always solder my connections....

Just followed the instructions. I'll double check those quick taps and maybe just take them off and rewire/solder

Boston GN said:
Any one with ideas? I need this resolved

I know you dont want to hear it, but the only thing i can think of right now..... Is try installing on the rear lights like i did.....

Im still gonna post pics... Just gathering photos

Aaron