GNS LED issues

slow 87

I just got the front LED kit. I also have rears that are installed and work fine.
Tried to install the fronts tonight and cant get them to work properly. Not sure why
it's fairly easy to plug in a 1157 bulb socket but cant get them to work.
The LEDs do light up but the marker light that's up with the headlights doesn't light up
and turn signal on dash lights up like it should when bulb is burned out.
Also both LED flashers are hooked up, grounded and working properly.
Also with regular bulbs in front everything works as should.
Got any tips on how to figure out what issue could be?

I just got the front LED kit. I also have rears that are installed and work fine.
Tried to install the fronts tonight and cant get them to work properly. Not sure why
it's fairly easy to plug in a 1157 bulb socket but cant get them to work.
The LEDs do light up but the marker light that's up with the headlights doesn't light up
and turn signal on dash lights up like it should when bulb is burned out.
Also both LED flashers are hooked up, grounded and working properly.
Also with regular bulbs in front everything works as should.
Got any tips on how to figure out what issue could be?

I have just had two others report this same issue. We went through a few glitches with the LED taillights and the manufacture took great care of everyone in a very timely manner at no cost to you the customer and I am sure the same will happen here...

If anyone has NOT installed their front LED marker light kit yet please hold off for now until we solve this issue. It's much easier to do Before they are installed! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us or the manufacture....

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I will be getting with them asap.
Your welcome, If you call the manufacture please let them know where you purchased them from and the issue your having and they will take care of you right away...

I have just had two others report this same issue. It is obviously something in the board and the manufacture said if anyone has issues to simply send there kit back and they will send you a new set or fix the problem and send it back to you at no charge.. We went through a few glitches with the LED taillights and the manufacture took care of everyone in a very timely manner at no cost to you the customer....

If anyone has NOT installed their front LED marker light kit yet please contact the manufacture listed below so you can send your kit back to them for the modifications! It's much easier to do Before they are installed! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us....

Here is the manufactures contact information:

Spaghetti Engineering
150 Cooper Rd. Suite C-7
West Berlin, NJ 08091

(856) 719-9989
Mine are still in the box, have not even had time to move the box to the garage yet. Are you saying to return it or plug it in and see if it works then return it if it does not?

Mine are still in the box, have not even had time to move the box to the garage yet. Are you saying to return it or plug it in and see if it works then return it if it does not?

Just hold off on installing them for right now, I spoke to spaghetti engineering today and they informed me that it is a draw / load issue and they are working on it right now and the fix should be done in about a week.

They also informed me that the fix will be something that they can send out to everyone so no body has to actually send in their LED light kit's but simply Add this new item and everything should be fine..

Of course these items will be sent to Everyone who ordered these front LED kits AT NO CHARGE!

Stay tuned to this thread because I will add up dates here as I receive them...

Scot W..

I received word from the manufacture today that they have a fix for the issue they were having. It appears that the stock computer on these Buick's is sensing a voltage drop and sending the signal of a blown out bulb. New Resistors added to the wiring has seemed to fix things and continue to work well on a few of our board members cars... We are also continuing further with testing so these kits work great from here on out.....

On ordering a Front LED kit right now, that's no problem if you don't mind a short wait as the new revised kit's are scheduled to ship the first of next week or so....

SW

OK cool. Thanks Scott for awesome service as usual. I will place a new order in a day or so! Thanks again!

Scot,
It is common practice to use resistors on motorcycles that convert to led lighting due to their low draw done it many times cars are probably the same way!
Chris

Scot,
It is common practice to use resistors on motorcycles that convert to led lighting due to their low draw done it many times cars are probably the same way!
Chris
Yeah very similar in our cars we found out....LOL On the older cars like the 69' Camaro / Chevelle there is no computer to sense voltage drops like our cars... Spaghetti Engineering don't have a Buick GN to due any of their testing on at their facility and my car is all taken apart otherwise we would have caught this much sooner... Spaghetti & GNS are absorbing the cost of the resistors and the shipping so that everyone who has already purchased the Front LED turn signals will receive this fix at no cost to them at all...

The manufacture has copies of all the invoices from people who ordered the front LED's and should start receiving their upgrade package very soon..The manufacture also has everyone's e-mail address and plans to send everyone an e-mail soon as well...

SW.

Scot,
Very cool you and the other company are standing by your products that what makes you a asset to the Buick community! And i plan on gettin some leds from you when i get to that stage!
Chris

I received word from the manufacture today that they have a fix for the issue they were having. It appears that the stock computer on these Buick's is sensing a voltage drop and sending the signal of a blown out bulb. New Resistors added to the wiring has seemed to fix things and continue to work well on a few of our board members cars... We are also continuing further with testing so these kits work great from here on out.....

SW

That doesn't make sense. The stock computer doesn't know or care anything about bulbs being blown out nor does it send any kind of signal. It is definitely an issue with resistance with the LEDs in place of a circuit designed for an incandescent bulb. It's common practice to have to use resistors in these types of cases and I'm sure they will just modify the boards accordingly. Mine are still in the box - I took them out and looked at them and that's all I've had time for.

That doesn't make sense. The stock computer doesn't know or care anything about bulbs being blown out nor does it send any kind of signal. It is definitely an issue with resistance with the LEDs in place of a circuit designed for an incandescent bulb. It's common practice to have to use resistors in these types of cases and I'm sure they will just modify the boards accordingly. Mine are still in the box - I took them out and looked at them and that's all I've had time for.
Just stating what Mike (Owner of spaghetti) said... Resistors were already in place on the board and should have worked fine on the cars, that's why he was stumped...... Plus the Electronic LED flasher also plays a role in the resistance game as well but when in place it still done the same exact thing......Then Mike said it had to be something to do with the car at this point so they went to testing different resistors to find one that fixed the issue that we were having..... I will be testing more resistors when I get them in the mail to see what works and what don't...... At this point the fix is an extra resistor which will alleviate the use of the 2nd Electronic LED flasher....

so when would the fix be ready to mailed out.... cause i have someone annoying the crap out of me to fix his light...

The manufacture told me this past Thursday that the revised front LED lights and new instructions will be ready to ship this coming week.