GN1 downpipe- what do you guys think?

pgoffner

Tried searching but couldnt come up with much. Looks like a very nice piece, anyone have experience with it? Any feedback is welcomed, thanks.

Tried posting a link but no luck....

DAMN Mike...saw that coming. LOL

Actually I have this DP on my car. Externally gated. Fits great, the test pipe fits so well that no clamps are needed. Archie is very easy to deal with and talk to. Fast shipping and stands behind his product. There will be people that will tell you not to deal with him due to not being a supporting vendor and some others will bash him for other BS( Take this for what it is worth ) My personal dealings with him went very well. Talk to him and make your own decision.

Bryan

Actually I have this DP on my car. Externally gated. Fits great, the test pipe fits so well that no clamps are needed. Archie is very easy to deal with and talk to. Fast shipping and stands behind his product. There will be people that will tell you not to deal with him due to not being a supporting vendor and some others will bash him for other BS( Take this for what it is worth ) My personal dealings with him went very well. Talk to him and make your own decision.

Bryan
Thanks for the input. I know his parts look really nice and I was wondering why I haven't read more on the boards about his product.:)

Bryan

I totally agree - no issues with Archie or GN1 Performance.

Thanks for the input. I know his parts look really nice and I was wondering why I haven't read more on the boards about his product.:)

I saw your post with the blanked out link before you edited it. People around here don't like GN1 Performance.

What about the 3 inch polished cat-back??? I really likethe look, but how does it perform? sound?
Thanks
Coach

What about the 3 inch polished cat-back??? I really likethe look, but how does it perform? sound?
Thanks
Coach

x2

I'm really curious/interested in Archie's products too. Other than the supporting vendor thing, what do people dislike about GN1 Performance? Besides having some nice stuff, it looks like they have some very competitive pricing, at least from looking at their ebay store...

Sorry Mike, I was not aware of any problems this forum had with GN1. I personally don't know enough to offer any opinion on anything or person. I have asked about his stuff before and did not hear back. I just thought that nobody read them or no one had his stuff.
What are the issues...anyone???

Thanks
Coach

Going to install one right now..

Im going over to a new board members house right now to install his GN1 3" downpipe and check over the things he already did. I'll will tell him to post some pics and I will add some install comments. As far as performance compared to a TH I can't see there being any difference other than price and the fact that TH pipes are normally not setup for external gates. Anyway Im out I will let U know.

Im going over to a new board members house right now to install his GN1 3" downpipe and check over the things he already did. I'll will tell him to post some pics and I will add some install comments. As far as performance compared to a TH I can't see there being any difference other than price and the fact that TH pipes are normally not setup for external gates. Anyway Im out I will let U know.
:cool: :)

As far as performance compared to a TH I can't see there being any difference other than price and the fact that TH pipes are normally not setup for external gates.

...And the fact that you'd probably be pretty hard pressed to find a new TH downpipe on the market right now...

Downpipe installed.

Fit like a glove, I used the supplied gasket because the owner of the car wanted to. I usually just bolt it right up dry and never have any leaks. I did ask him to post some pics up. The install went so quick that I had time to mount the turbo saver too. Would have been home a long time a go but we had to chase down a tap to clean out the exhaust housing bolt holes on the turbo. :frown: As soon as the car is all put back together and running, I will see how well that wastegate controls the boost. My guess is with his combo hes making real close to 400 hp so we shall see.

Fit like a glove, I used the supplied gasket because the owner of the car wanted to. I usually just bolt it right up dry and never have any leaks. I did ask him to post some pics up. The install went so quick that I had time to mount the turbo saver too. Would have been home a long time a go but we had to chase down a tap to clean out the exhaust housing bolt holes on the turbo. :frown: As soon as the car is all put back together and running, I will see how well that wastegate controls the boost. My guess is with his combo hes making real close to 400 hp so we shall see.

Thanks for the honest opinion about it. There's a bad attitude towards certain "non-supporting" vendors, maybe it's just because they beat everyone's prices by hundreds of bucks. I have one of Archie's FMICs to install in the next week or two, quality looks great.

Thanks for the honest opinion about it. There's a bad attitude towards certain "non-supporting" vendors, maybe it's just because they beat everyone's prices by hundreds of bucks. I have one of Archie's FMICs to install in the next week or two, quality looks great.

Keep us posted on the FMIC too--I haven't decided whether to go FMIC or SLIC yet, but either way I'm sure I'll use one of Archie's intercoolers and I'm looking for as much feedback as I can get!!! Do you have the one with the 3" core or the 4" core?

Thanks

Keep us posted on the FMIC too--I haven't decided whether to go FMIC or SLIC yet, but either way I'm sure I'll use one of Archie's intercoolers and I'm looking for as much feedback as I can get!!! Do you have the one with the 3" core or the 4" core?

Thanks

I got the 3" core since I read you have to be pretty fast at the strip to even need a 4" core. It's mostly a street car and I didn't want to increase the chances of overheating.

seen those downpipes they really look good there are alot of downpipes outhere but not much headers anybody running the GN1 headers or are they the same E-bay china stuff looks good don't know if they need to be modified grinded or banging required please info really need headers don't know if should go with T/A headers if it's only one thats available i guess i have no choice spending big bucks required as usual (pgoffner) sorry to hack your post i got out of hand :eek:

seen those downpipes they really look good there are alot of downpipes outhere but not much headers anybody running the GN1 headers or are they the same E-bay china stuff looks good don't know if they need to be modified grinded or banging required please info really need headers don't know if should go with T/A headers if it's only one thats available i guess i have no choice spending big bucks required as usual (pgoffner) sorry to hack your post i got out of hand :eek:

I sold a TiAl wastegate to a guy running Archie's headers and external gate DP. When I asked him how he liked them, he was very happy and highly recommended them and Archie. When I was considering his external gate DP he was nice to deal with and actually returned emails etc.

ive been buying from archie since he first opened his shop and started making products, i ran his very first downpipe and it fit flawless. i also bought his very first set of headers and they required no grinding or bagging what so ever,when he brought out his intake pipe he had 5 prototypes made and gave me the very first one FREE! who else does that? i have bought his heads and intake combo twice and they flowed really good like it was very VERY noticable, the reason he has a bad rep here is plane and simple hes not a supporting vendor, plus brian from gbody parts was trying to give him a bad rep but lil did he know that we KNOW his china supplier archie has always been honest about his products unlike brian were he lied to the whole community and still continues to lie. i wouldnt surprised if his MADE IN AMERICA labels were made in china. the facts are real and i have no reason to lie. i will back up archie to the fullest and wont ever sugar coat anything.
my name is ziggy and i hope i cleared a couple of things for you guys.