GN1 Cooler

QwikStop

Wfo Racing Team Rep.
I installed a GN1 Extreme fmic and now I have to clock the compressor housing downward as pictured not allowing the actuator to line up correctly with the puck arm. I have loosened everything and tried to move stuff around but I am not having any luck, is there something I'm missing, are there 2 different inlet pipes for different turbos, this is with a precision turbo btw....

Attachments

• 20140802_171050.jpg
    20140802_171050.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 244
you're not missing anything. the intercoolers were designed around an external wastegate set-up and in that case you could clock the compressor housing all you want. not sure what people are doing for fixes though, short of cutting and welding. just wanted to let you know you're not crazy;)

Last edited:
Thanks, wish i would have known that ahead of time :( . I'm looking at some type of modification or go external but im not really wanting the external at this point.

I work for a company that has a pretty cool Fabrication shop, they said they can weld anything including aluminum, i might have to take them up on it.

i emailed GN1 and sent them the pictured, we'll see what they have to say and i'll let yall know.

They said i will need to do a little modifying and that the cooler is actually for the external gate but has been installed on many internal models as well...I'll just have to take another look at it and make it all come together.

I installed my gn1 intercooler with an internal gate te60. Just had to trim the reducer slightly.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm in the same boat. I plan on tacking mine to the housing ring of the turbo once I mark it. Get the turbo clocked properly where it fits, install the wastegate where it won't hit, mark with a sharpie, tack it in place.

When I ordered my front mount I had no idea it was for an external waste gate pipe. Luckily I had ordered one of those. I don't think any of the ads on any of the sites state that anywhere. If they do, I never noticed it. I wouldn't want to cut up the pipes either.

I looked at the ads and non of them specify internal or external....GN1 States there are too many different combos out there so the tube or whatever else has to be modified to make it work.

I have the Super Extreme FMIC from TR Customs...not sure if it's the same as the GN1. Anyway...mine fit perfect.

Super Extreme is different, glad it fit good for you. Everything on mine fits great if I use an external waste gate.

i was able to shim the waste gate and make things fit, not perfect but it will work