GN vs WE4 value?

BuckeyeTroop

Pretty much what the title says. With all else being equal, miles, condition, options etc, which Buick holds the most value now and in the future.

Here in Phoenix a good shape GN commands around $2500 more than a comparable T Type or Limited. Less if the cars are ratty.

Being that the options are the.same,well.even.if they were different gns will.always hold value and be worth more,unless youre selling it to a tr guy then.it may change

I'm more into rolling incognito. I think of the we4 as the 1le of the 3rd gen fbody. Last clean stock original we4 I saw for sale that was really nice the seller wanted 17500 for it. It was a low mile car.

I'm more into rolling incognito. I think of the we4 as the 1le of the 3rd gen fbody. Last clean stock original we4 I saw for sale that was really nice the seller wanted 17500 for it. It was a low mile car.

well get a GN with the same mileage an see what one sells first. Me.... I'd pay more for a nice Limited. BUT most of the guys that buy these are buying because of a "legend" the GNs have become. I really don't care for GNs. We have had em since 1986 an kinda tired of them. :cool:

I feel like when you get into the tb world you get or prefer a GN, after a while you start noticing how cool the the other turbo regals are and want something different or a "rare" turbo regal. I personally dont like the WE4's but thats just me. They are rare but i like colors and weird interiors the we4 is still cool in its own way.

I prefer cool colors, rare packages weird things that aren't a run of the mill car. You cant explain that to the vette guy or the guys who are at the hangout to them its a fake Grand National lol.. w,e..

Or its a monte carlo and everyone always seemed to have one or know someone that had one in the 70's lol o_O

In conclusion most "guys" dont know wth a we4 is or a ttype is.. It's till after they are in the game. Again i said most. In turn it keeps the GN values way up because thats what a run of the mill guy would prefer over any turbo regal. Look how many GN's were made in 87 :confused: that was the cash king for buick.

The WE4 is a niche car. If someone is dead set on a WE4, they will pay more for it than a GN. That is if it is clean. That being said, I think the next wave of buyers will only be interested in GN's for several years before they catch on to the fact that the T's are more rare and unique.

I had some friends who sold their T's a few years back. One was a white limited with burgundy bench seat interior and column shift. Under 40k original miles and practically flawless. It went for $11k at Barrett Jackson. The other car was a WE4 with 80k miles if I remember correctly. Clean car with no options except AC. Manual windows, manual door locks, no cruise control, and it had factory aluminum bumper brackets, drums, and wheels. This thing was barely 3000 lbs if I remember right. Probably where the "ultra light GN" myth came from. It went for around $20k private party sale.

Honestly I thought about painting my car silver or black cherry just because I would so tired of seeing black all the time. GN's just don't do it for me. I like different stuff I guess.

I feel like when you get into the tb world you get or prefer a GN, after a while you start noticing how cool the the other turbo regals are and want something different or a "rare" turbo regal. I personally dont like the WE4's but thats just me. They are rare but i like colors and weird interiors the we4 is still cool in its own way.

I prefer cool colors, rare packages weird things that aren't a run of the mill car. You cant explain that to the vette guy or the guys who are at the hangout to them its a fake Grand National lol.. w,e..

Or its a monte carlo and everyone always seemed to have one or know someone that had one in the 70's lol o_O

In conclusion most "guys" dont know wth a we4 is or a ttype is.. It's till after they are in the game. Again i said most. In turn it keeps the GN values way up because thats what a run of the mill guy would prefer over any turbo regal. Look how many GN's were made in 87 :confused: that was the cash king for buick.
Hit the nail on the head for me with this post. I still love my GN a lot but over the years I found myself paying more attention to the other TB's out there. If the TB market where I live wasn't so small and the cost of boating another TB to this rock weren't so prohibitive to make it work for me financially, I might have traded my GN for a T by now. One of these days maybe...