GN vs New Camaro

I dont have a stall yet, that is the next thing I am going to buy. Want to get a tranny at the same time I think and just keep orignal for a spare.Im thinkin a 3000 stall, what do you think??

ok nobody is asking the question but I will.

How much boost do plan to run and what kind of gas in the tank, also make sure you set your DR's in the low 16psi range to hook up and get them nice and sticky before you launch your car, boost no more than 2psi off the line if your racing on the streets or you will break the tires loose..

I am running race gas, octane is no less than 111 and no more than 115. I am running DRs and about 20lbs of boost. I have a adjustable waste gate and could adjust it for more boost but really dont know[or scared to adjust for more] how much further to take it. Do you think that is enough boost? I have tried launching car and since I have put air bags on it it hooks straight and have been leaving at 5lbs of boost and it seems to be working good at that.Thanks

If you're confident that your octane is on or around 112, you can easilly run way more than 20# of boost. 25 would be safe. Heck I run 20# of boost on 93 octane gas.
When I was racing I run 112 race gas, 27# of boost and that much timing. Took me into the mid 11's @ over 117.

I hope you have a scan tool before you hammer it so you know where you are.....

Oh yeah...have someone video tape it.

There's a video floating around of a new Camaro with just a tune and a cold air kit running 12.50's in the heat on the original tires. The driver was not powershifting.
My money's on the GN, though, if it's running right.

hmmm i wanna see the outcome of this one lol..not to jack the thread but has anyone found a video of a new camaro bone stock but with a tire on it? I havent...

I guess we can talk all we want... we wont know until you both run em....

Next years drawing board has the z28 on it and it is supposed to be one bad mofo... unless of course Obama stops that production run..

Next years drawing board has the z28 on it and it is supposed to be one bad mofo... unless of course Obama stops that production run..

I wish people would stop blaming Obama for the downfall of GM and OVERPRICED cars. The suits and ties up top did it. They should of thought more about their future when the price of a Tahoe exceeded $50K. I hope they don't make a Z28 because it will rival the SRT-8 vehicles in price.:rolleyes:

Back on topic. 20psi, 420hp chasing you...better up the boost!!
If he gets to run at the track that helps him too. I had a 1.89 60ft on Goodyear Eagle GT II's years ago. Put 116 in the tank. Don't stop at 112oct. Protect the powerplant from detonation.

I wish people would stop blaming Obama for the downfall of GM and OVERPRICED cars. The suits and ties up top did it. They should of thought more about their future when the price of a Tahoe exceeded $50K. I hope they don't make a Z28 because it will rival the SRT-8 vehicles in price.:rolleyes:

Back on topic. 20psi, 420hp chasing you...better up the boost!!
If he gets to run at the track that helps him too. I had a 1.89 60ft on Goodyear Eagle GT II's years ago. Put 116 in the tank. Don't stop at 112oct. Protect the powerplant from detonation.
If the Z28 is the beast it should be, it will be worth rivaling the SRT-8 in price IMO. An SRT Chally will run you in the low to mid $40k range roughly, as opposed to a mid $30k SS. A mid-$40k Z28 will sell. Hell, a $50k Z would probably sell as fast as GM could build them.

Ther is a new camaro running around Villa Park Il area. That car sounded mean as hell .I wish my limited was done.I dont think my century would have like me after that one:biggrin: good luck with the run and be careful

I dont have a stall yet, that is the next thing I am going to buy. Want to get a tranny at the same time I think and just keep orignal for a spare.Im thinkin a 3000 stall, what do you think??

go 3200 stall 9.5 or 10" converter. IMO

I will do my best and take a video of the race and post it up. The guy with the camaro called and said he had a golf tournment this weekend and could not make it to the strip saturday. Might be good anyway supposed to be 105 degress then. Weather is going to be cooler next week so we planned it for then.

The Z28 is already offically DEAD. It was supposed to get a version of the supercharged ZR1 motor, but its not going to happen now.
Mike

I don't think this will be much of a race if this is a stock Camaro. Test reports with a professional driver are low 13's maybe a high 12. There was a brand new camaro (<500 miles on it) at the track last week. It was a 2SS 6 speed. Car went 13.5 - 13.75 at 105mph. That was with an average Joe driver. Your GN should be an easy low 12 high 11 car hence not much of a race. My brother's 2001 SS with an LS6 puts down 419hp and he runs DR's but it is not a race against my GN:D And I don't know how much HP I have nor do I care;)
Now for the test drive. The local dealer has 2 - 2SS Camaro's on the lot that I looked at yesterday. I drove the GN to the dealer when I looked at them. They want $4K over sticker. We were talking about the car and I asked about a test drive and he said the only way is to sit down and talk numbers with a signed intent to buy. Most of the sales guy haven't even been allowed to drive one yet either. I said we will do it this way, if that Camaro beats me in a 1/4 mile grudge race, I will give you the $4K over sticker, otherwise I get the car at that rated discount. Sales rep said only if I run the car in reverse:biggrin: Not saying all dealerships are like that, but that was my experience with one.