GN vs New Camaro

InHock

A friend of mine just bought a new SS Camaro with a six speed and it is the 426 hp car. He called me tonight and wants me to bring on my GN and he said he knew the little 6 would not stand a chance! I told him I would catch up with him maybe this weekend. What do you guys think? Has anyone drove one of these new camaros and are the fast enough to take a GN, his car is right out of the box, no mods. [ I am running race gas, and have added a few more things to my car that are not in my signature] thanks

you wont have a problem taking him out, while hes trying to launch the car youll be way gone....just make sure you have some good sticky tires

I hope so cause this guy has a **** load of money! He has alot of street rods,hot custom cars and custom motorcycles,and custom trucks. You see what I mean? I know If I beat his ass It will just be a matter of time he will be back!!

Best be prepared...

:biggrin: At least you gave him 3 days to get the nitrous put on.:eek:

:biggrin: At least you gave him 3 days to get the nitrous put on.:eek:

That is exactly what i was thinking, he can shot a 100 in it and will hand your azz to you in platter, make sure you come prepared and dont bring a knife to a gun fight..

A tank of c16 and 25-30psi and you will beat him by bus lengths. If he doesnt put tires on the car he will go no where even with nitrous. Be sure you get out ahead of him in case he sprays it you dont want him losing control and hitting you.

I didnt think about him putting nos on his car and it wouldnt surprise me if he did. I will check it out real close before any race takes place. I dont think he is that swift to speed shift his car and should pull him while he is trying to do that!! BUT, has anyone drove one yet and what do you think about them?

I didnt think about him putting nos on his car and it wouldnt surprise me if he did. I will check it out real close before any race takes place. I dont think he is that swift to speed shift his car and should pull him while he is trying to do that!! BUT, has anyone drove one yet and what do you think about them?
The only thing id be checking are his tires.

spotted

You better have it tuned right, the new ls cars run strong out of the box with the turn of the key. Run his from a dig.

How long has he had the car? If it's been long enough he could get a decent tune and possibly some engine work such as a cam or the like, bring your A game. The LS3 motors are quick bone-stock and respond to mods VERY well.

However, if he has a stock car with stock tires and is unable to row a boat, you will likely make him cry when the 6 opens a can of whoop-ass on him. :D

All you guys really think this guy is going to spray or do a head / cam swap on a brand new car? Yikes.

I doubt it. Its a high 12 second car with a good driver (MOST people are NOT) like they said, foot brake it off the line just enough so you take off but dont spin your @ss off and you'll be waving to him in your rearview.

What's your best time in that car?

If you have a TE-60 on your car and MT drag radials you will eat his lunch...with ease

Mike

I really dont know where I am at on times. There is a new eighth mile strip that is now open about 30 miles from me and I was going to go there last weekend and run my car but I had to work. I want to get this guy there and race him so neither would have any excuses! I am hoping quarter mile times are low 12s and would be happy as hell if it ran high 11s! I may be dreaming though:rolleyes:

All you guys really think this guy is going to spray or do a head / cam swap on a brand new car? Yikes.

I doubt it. Its a high 12 second car with a good driver (MOST people are NOT) like they said, foot brake it off the line just enough so you take off but dont spin your @ss off and you'll be waving to him in your rearview.

What's your best time in that car?
Based on the bold part below:
I hope so cause this guy has a **** load of money! He has alot of street rods,hot custom cars and custom motorcycles,and custom trucks. You see what I mean? I know If I beat his ass It will just be a matter of time he will be back!!

Yes, I could easily see him modding the car as soon as be buys it. And considering the LS3 has been out for a while, there are plenty of tried and true mods available. Case in point, a friend of mine has a 2008 LS3 C6 Vette with LG Motorsports Longtube headers, Flowmaster catback, LG Motorsports G6X3 Cam, Veraram CAI, Ported Intake and Throttle Body, & Underdrive Pulley making 490 RWHP running 10.73 @ 131 on drag radials & skinnies.

YouTube - 2008 LS3 C6 Corvette Cam Only 10.73@131.18

I really dont know where I am at on times. There is a new eighth mile strip that is now open about 30 miles from me and I was going to go there last weekend and run my car but I had to work. I want to get this guy there and race him so neither would have any excuses! I am hoping quarter mile times are low 12s and would be happy as hell if it ran high 11s! I may be dreaming though:rolleyes:

What stall and injectors do you have? Will you be on race gas? If you are and you have decent injectors and a stall you should make it into the 11's or 7.6x's in the 1/8 with a good launch.

I dont have a stall yet, that is the next thing I am going to buy. Want to get a tranny at the same time I think and just keep orignal for a spare.Im thinkin a 3000 stall, what do you think??