Gn Stolen!!!!

sorry for your loss:(

let this be a lesson to everyone else. MULTIPLE kill switches..

Wha a bunch of BULLSH1T! Bu ur own SH!T AZZWIPE! GD that pisses me off to no end. MFers better stay away from my sh1t cause I am packing with my CCW. .357 MAgnum S&W. Whats up now b1tch!

another horror story

i hate hearing about a GN getting stolen, i just wish we had REPO men on this board who can give us advice on how to keep a car from being stolen.

I just installed a Viper 791xv on my car due to this thread. If a thief wants your car bad enough he will get it, but I will at least make him work for it. I think they should punish car thieves like they used to punish horse thieves....hang 'em!:mad:

hey Pitbozz
tell us what you got for the boy's that took your Gn

is it a bb gun NO NO NO NO

is it a tear gas NO NO NO NO

is it a tazer NO NO NO NO

is it a AK47 with a 100 rd drum YA YA YA YA :D

No luck yet Pitbozz ?

Nothing really new to report. My main man *pigeater* has a son and he swears he saw it the other day around where he works. So I have been doing some staking out. And yeah.....I did have my AK with a hundred round drum attached along for the ride. You steal it, chop it, ship it, burn it, whatever....I will be pissed off. That's what insurance is for, though. But you D@MN well are not going to cruise around MY hometown and have a good old time rubbing my face in it. That is where I have a serious issue with this douchebag and he WILL see the flaming end of my AK or my SIG 40. Sooner or later, the stars will be aligned and I will see him out in it.

Today (Tuesday) is actually the 30th day since it was stolen, so the battle with the insurance can officially begin. I really hope it goes well but I know they are going to try to *Bend Me Like Beckham*.

Anyways.....I appreciate the support from you guys on here and I will keep you posted with the insurance details. If I get lucky enough to run across my car in the meantime, I probably won't have access to a computer in my cell. So I will have pigeater post the results. Thanks

Well, here we go! Talked to the insurance people today and lo' and behold if they didn't try to break one off in me! When I got the lady on the phone, she said she was going to find out the value of the car by calling area dealers. :confused: "Ummm...I don't think you are going to find one on a lot anywhere!?!" We base it off what they would sell the car for was her reply. GREAT! A dealer would salivate to have a GN like mine on the lot. She calls back to inform me that my car was worth $5,900. $5,900 "Lady...you aren't even close to halfway. You're telling me that my car sitting on a dealer lot with 55,000 original miles and all the extras that were on it (see mods) would sell for $5900?" She said maybe less because these cars aren't sought after. I told her she didn't have a clue to what she was talking about. I asked her if the kelly or NADA book had any bearing and she said they used NADA. I asked her what condition did she use and she said they always use the high side. (yeah, right!!) I said you used the high side of the NADA and it had $5900? She said yes to which I replied "funny...mine has it listed at $22,000." She said I could fax over any other documents and they would look at them and get back to me if it changed the price.

I have a meeting with my attorney on Thursday at 10 am.

I knew they would lowball me, but D@MN!!! I'll keep ya' posted.

Something you could do is surf all the TB boards for cars for sale and print off ads that are similar to your car. Also you can get a list from Kirban's (either off the website or from him personally) of the cars he has sold with prices and options. Maybe even surf the autotrader, ebay, and similar sites with similar cars for sale. Print them all off and fax them to your insurance company to show them at least a general idea of market value. They will say that asking price isn't market value, but if you use the Kirban list, those cars were actually sold at that value. Maybe if you could send some pictures and receipts to an appraiser they could help you out a little (long shot but worth looking into). My old insurance company (Allied) had a section in the fine print the stated if you weren't happy with your settlement, you could gripe about it. Then, you would get an appraiser of your choice and they would get their own. I can't remember what happened if they were way off from each other, but I think they would either average them or use the lowest one. Just trying to give you some ideas, hope you get compensated for your loss. I wouldn't want my car back either if it had been reamed for 30 days, other than to help find the lowlife that took it.

HTH

bob

insurance theft

:mad: Their job is to settle for as little as possible... Tell her to call Mershon's Car Sales in Springfield Ohio or some similar car dealer. They specialize in muscle and collector cars. That local dealer s_it don't float. You/they need documentation not verbal horse s_it^@^$@^@^@^@^** Tell the NICE lady to replace the vehicle with the exact same and you have all the time in the world.
(Agreed value insurance backed by an up front appraisal from the begining is the only way to go).
NADA is the rule for settlement, at least in Ohio. NADA does have a collector value for these cars. Get it, print it off the web site and get your ^%$@$%@%% money. I have been with Cincinatti Insurance since 1966 - they have been fantastic!!! :mad:

PS. DO NOT GIVE UP! :D :D

What a load, I got offered more than a fair compensation for the one I used to have that was totalled out by some a hole. Who is the insurance co????

If it helps I will post pictures of mine you can print out and make a fake ad for it. If I were to sell mine right now I would put it up for a minimum $11,000. Mine is 100% factory with no mods as of yet and has just a couple thousand more miles than yours. If you want me to do something like that let me know.

Makes me want to reconsider driving my GN to cruisin the coast. Id rather lose my 67 Mustang Fastback.

hey Pitbozz
you can drive my S-15 if you like
i thank it will do what your Gn did in 1/4 mile ;)
anyway take your time and don't go off on the insurance people:rolleyes:
you guy's just have to know Pitbozz
the Gn was like his kid and you can bet he will be on that A55:eek:

Originally posted by Pitbozz
Nothing really new to report. My main man *pigeater* has a son and he swears he saw it the other day around where he works. So I have been doing some staking out. And yeah.....I did have my AK with a hundred round drum attached along for the ride. You steal it, chop it, ship it, burn it, whatever....I will be pissed off. That's what insurance is for, though. But you D@MN well are not going to cruise around MY hometown and have a good old time rubbing my face in it. That is where I have a serious issue with this douchebag and he WILL see the flaming end of my AK or my SIG 40. Sooner or later, the stars will be aligned and I will see him out in it.

Today (Tuesday) is actually the 30th day since it was stolen, so the battle with the insurance can officially begin. I really hope it goes well but I know they are going to try to *Bend Me Like Beckham*.

Anyways.....I appreciate the support from you guys on here and I will keep you posted with the insurance details. If I get lucky enough to run across my car in the meantime, I probably won't have access to a computer in my cell. So I will have pigeater post the results. Thanks

Man, that sucks. I'll keep an eye out. If you don't mind me asking, where does "pigeater's" son work? The more eyes watchin, the better I suppose.

Well....I at least have closure, now. I settled with State Farm after talking with another representative. He was much more knowledgable about these cars than the dimwit lady I originally talked to. I had sent them everything I had (pics, autotrader ads, nada guide, and receipts) I also sent them an appraisal done on my car by Richard Lasseter of the GSCA. I ended up with $18,000. A far cry from the original offer of $5,900.

I urge EVERY one of you guys that are carrying full coverage to get an appraisal done of your car or get in WRITING a value of your car if destroyed!! It is a WHOLE lot easier to do it before you need it, rather than after.

I'd like to thank everybody for there advise and words of comfort through all of this.

Just wait until State Farm drops you when you buy another TR. :rolleyes:

Been in that club for a year. Still miss it. :mad:

sorry to hear about your loss pitbozz, but at least you had insurance, when they stole mine i had jack $hit.
i now have two alarms and a video camera watching my car i got the camera from www.x10.com they have a couple of different ones i got the nightshot camera, it ran me about $90.00 it's the best $90 you can ever spend and it's wireless. but guys when we go out use a colom lock i got mine from pepboys for $50.+tax
believe me it works ( on my other gn it was the only thing i had, they broke my small window but could not break the colom) it had scratch marks everywhere but it worked like a dream. i'm glad to hear that you got your insurance company to pay up, they're just as bad as the freaking crooks. if you don't have a pepboys around you and you want one i would be willing to get one here and ship it to ya.

carlos