GN Stolen From in Front of House!

Did I forget to tell you that his mother came to my house begging for me not to press charges....Granted I did it some thought but after seeing him and his continued crock story he still sticks to I'm going to go for his jugular vein!!!!!

I can't believe that this idiot's mother came to your house to beg you not to press charges! What an enabler! If I got caught doing something like this, both of my parents would be at the courthouse to beat my rear!

I'm very, very glad that you got this pr_ck. I had a car stolen in high school, and I got only about 50% of it back. I have very, very little patience for car thieves. Tie 'em behind the bumper and drag 'em, that's my philosophy. Of course, if I did that, then I'd be the one in jail :( .

BTW I live in Westland. Hopefully we'll get to meet some time. If nothing else, next year on 4/6 or 4/20.

PPS: Hey Renthorin, what's up? Long time, no hear. Did you get your newsletter? :p

Glad to hear a happy ending to something that never should have happened.

Did you ever sell the GN?

At the classic car dealer I work for on Saturday's
the rule is we (salesfolks) drive them out the lot
& up the street switching over to the customer.

RULE is we stop car & take key out, then give back to
customer.
or in my case since I am small I hop over the console
to the other seat while customer walks around.
I always take cell phone too..

Way to go. One more scumbag off the streets for awhile. Seven months will definatly give him time to think of changing his ways. Good for you for following up on this rat and making sure he got his due. Alot of people don't go the distance on stuff like this and the scumbags and their lawyers count on this. I would think he would also be liable for the expense of changing your locks on the car too. Congratulations. :D :D

Originally posted by mgmshar
I can't believe that this idiot's mother came to your house to beg you not to press charges! What an enabler! If I got caught doing something like this, both of my parents would be at the courthouse to beat my rear!
Don't you know that "their son" is never guilty. "my baby is the kindest person"

I think the POS got off too lightly. I hate this plead for a lesser charge BS. You are either guilty of the crime or not. I will put a bullet in the next person that tries to steal my car. I don't care if i go to jail, i'm done playing games with these low life peices of grabage. I've had my one g-body stolen, one broken into twice, i know about 5 people that had theirs stolen and one guy put a gun to my friends head and tried to take his GN. Police seemed to handle it pretty well in your case, amazing!!! I think unauthorized use of a motor vehical should bring stiffer penalties, its very hard to covict someone on G.T.A. Two time offenders should lose their licence for a year and if you get caught driving in that year, you lose your licence forever.

mgmshar,

I stay near the Southfield and 696 area, I was just in total
shock when my car was stolen, I mean the way it was taken made me sick literally..Didn't know what to think or do....It was
one of the worst feeling you can experience....Truly sickening but on a good note she looks good and drives good....Recently bought my friends Turbo and am looking forward to going alky this summer and seeing some track action...

I still think to myself if I had not gotten rid of my gun, I'd probably be in prison right now because Lord knows I would have tried to kill one of em...

littlesixsteve,

You hit it on the nail guy, this crap should have never happened in the first place, but me not being smart enough to figure out what they were trying to do got setup; now that I look back on it, they didn't look like they even had the money to buy my car...
No I never sold the car, never attempted to again & I don't think I ever will. My financial status is getting healthier and I'm recovering albeit slowly....

turbot2496,

I was suprised too to find out that the judge gave him the max penalty of which he deserved much more IMO...I never even thought to include my expenses related to changing the locks into the restitution request...:mad: Not too much I can do about it
now..

I don't know how much this would have helped, but if I had a car to sell, and if a "serious" buyer appeared (eg, had money), before a test drive:

-- buyer hands over HIS license to you. You keep it until test drive is over.

-- note make/model/license # of buyer's own vehicle (or you hold the registration, along with license).

-- I'd be leery of going on a test drive with 2 strangers in my car. I suppose even one could overpower you, however.

-- carrying a weapon might not be a bad idea ... but if the "buyer/thief" also has a concealed weapon, the thief has the element of surprise. Trying to "out draw" a thief, like in the movies, is not a good idea! Shooting at him after he's pushed you out of your own car would likely surprise HIM, though. Keep in mind that trying to kill someone for 'mere theft' would likely get you in more trouble than the thief.

kshef,

The column lock in that photo you put up looks like one that comes off, mine is the type that mounts to the car.....It does not come off....

tom h,

That's some good tips you suggested, I should have confiscated not only his license but the money before allowing a test drive...I will get me another weapon, but this time I'm going to get a CCW so I can carry it outside of my house....

Todd

You know, they used to hang horse thieves. What happened to those days, huh? The reason car theft is so out of control is because it's generally not taken seriously enough by the law. It should be treated more aggressively, like a murder, with finger prints, etc. You know, a serious investigation, every time, everywhere! Auto theft often seems to be a stepping stone to a lot of bigger crimes, and why not? Big pay off, small risk, and lots of kicks for the punk minded. A recipe for wide spread appeal. That's got to change or it will never end. I've heard law enforcement say they don't have the manpower to do it. If YOU retaliate against the thief then you get in trouble and they tell you need to leave it to the proper authorities. And they're gonna do what, now? Gimme a break. GET A ROPE!

Todd, thank God you got your car back in good condition! I hope the way your case was handled is a trend that spreads everywhere!

Now I just remembered that my GN is sitting in my driveway at home with nothing behind it. Crap! :eek: