GN RPO Trunk Tag Question???

LomoMike

GN Rookie
Take a look at the sample image attached. What does the 6 digit number on the top line in between the VIN and the J47 represent??? (In the sample image attached it is "105552")

Is that the body unit number/ same as the one from the cowl tag??

This is not my trunk tag, just a sample i found online somewhere. Mine is faded ripped and almost unreadable in places and i am trying to reconstruct it from my GM RPO code print out that i got from GM dealership. I have also attached a pic of what i have so far...just missing that 6 digit number in the middle of VIN and J47 (circled).

Doing all this so i can get Dennis Kirban the info when he starts reproducing trunk and door tags!

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Take a look at the sample image attached. What does the 6 digit number on the top line in between the VIN and the J47 represent??? (In the sample image attached it is "105552")

Is that the body unit number/ same as the one from the cowl tag??

This is not my trunk tag, just a sample i found online somewhere. Mine is missing and i am trying to reconstruct it from my GM RPO code print out that i got from GM dealership. I have also attached a pic of what i have so far...just missing that 6 digit number in the middle of VIN and J47 (circled).

Doing all this so i can get Dennis Kirban the info when he starts reproducing trunk and door tags!

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!!
TTT...Anyone??? Bueller??? Nobody knows this?

I just looked at mine and I do not have a number there . The only number in the top line on my tag is the VIN . My car is an '86

If you hunt around, there was a thread a while back where someone was collecting old RPO pics. (It may have even been Kirban, not sure)
BTW, you do know you can call the GM archives in Canada and that they can provide a bunch of info on your car, right? I've ordered their "packet" for both my cars.
I was even able to order the invoice document which told me which dealership the car was originally shipped to. (For window sticker purposes)

I find it odd that you are looking for info for all 3 stickers for you car, what happened to the originals? Kinda seems fishy in my opinion.

If you hunt around, there was a thread a while back where someone was collecting old RPO pics. (It may have even been Kirban, not sure)
BTW, you do know you can call the GM archives in Canada and that they can provide a bunch of info on your car, right? I've ordered their "packet" for both my cars.
I was even able to order the invoice document which told me which dealership the car was originally shipped to. (For window sticker purposes)
Yeah i think that is Kirban, he is trying to have door and trunk tags reproduced. Just wanted to know what that middle number was to make sure i am giving him accurate info.

Still have not recieved an answer, apparently no one on here knows. I seem to have stumped everybody.

Also, i contacted
http://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/veh-info.html
No answer but i left a message. Are they the same company you went through? Couldn't find a number to contact GM Canada Archives directly. If you know the number i would gladly contact them first as it seems this company may be a middle man for the service. And who knows what may get lost in translation.

I find it odd that you are looking for info for all 3 stickers for you car, what happened to the originals? Kinda seems fishy in my opinion.
Door tags have been painted over (2nd owner was an idiot). I can see them under the paint. Trunk tag is faded and ripped in the spot i am mentioning as well as others. Car is a real GN, i have ran many checks on online databases and have orher paperwork from gm dealership that shows the WE2 code on the options list.

I have several pix of spid tags but I wouldnt want to post them on a public forum as they do contain the vin number. Let me see what I can do with paint to cover the vin up and post em for you to look at.

As you can see by the deck color and no we2 these are not Grand National spids but they are turbo regals.

Last edited:

As you can see by the deck color and no we2 these are not Grand National spids but they are turbo regals.
Nice... Thanks man. My original question was what is that "028386" number to the left of the J47 on your last tag. Does it match the body plate number on the body tag on cowl?

Last edited:
I'll take a look at mine tomorrow and see. I'm not that versed. I just know which codes a turbo regal should have and a few more i think are cool, like WO5, CF5, G80, D84 and such

I'll take a look at mine tomorrow and see. I'm not that versed. I just know which codes a turbo regal should have and a few more i think are cool, like WO5, CF5, G80, D84 and such
Thanks man, that would be a big help.

More info:
this is the correct email to write to

George Zapora
Vintage Vehicle Services1189 Colonel Sam Drive
Oshawa, ON
L1H 8W8

www.vintagevehicleservices.com

Tel 905-440-7636
Fax 905-440-7644
Thanks man. Requested the packet today from george.
Does that come with the vehicle invoice? Or do i go to gm media archives to get that. Want to get my hands on all the info i can while these services are around.

No Prob. I like having lots of documentation as well.
This packet does NOT come with the invoice.
I only ordered the invoice for one of my cars because I needed to confirm the dealership it was sold at so that my reproduction window sticker would be 100% accurate.

There used to be a guy that did them https://www.window-sticker.com/ (Kirban started promoting them as well for a while) and they stopped- Probably more work than it was worth. I think the Corvette guys are their bread and butter.

Thanks man. Requested the packet today from george.
Does that come with the vehicle invoice? Or do i go to gm media archives to get that. Want to get my hands on all the info i can while these services are around.

Make sure you get all your pages. I've seen four of these packets and all were missing the last page for some reason...