GN prices are going up

Went to the monthly swap meet in Webster Fl today. They usually have about 50 cars in the corral. Today, there was a 86 GN there for sale w/ Ttops. Selling as 37K, but looked unmistakedly like 137K and only was asking $16,900. :eek: Silly man. :rolleyes:

clv8s10 said:
I think Barrett Jackson has had some influence on the prices going up. I'm pretty sure I heard them say the next desireable musclecars are going to be the turbo buicks. :eek: :eek:

I saw that episode too. If anyone else was paying close attention, the cars in the traders and Hemings started going higher and higher over the next couple months after that. It's almost the same thing the "hot rod" mags did to the old camaros and the mustangs. They started harping about how collectable they would be and the prices shot up almost overnight. Of course, with the low number of these cars built(comparatively speaking - in 87 there were around 100K Firebirds produced alone) it was just a matter of time before the market took off with the TR's.

if you want my GN with 46k miles you better have 21k on hand or else is staying with me i don't care what you say about other GN's being cheaper and thats the bottom line..

fast86gn said:
Over 20K of them in '87 but only 5500 in '86!

But still even if you add all 4 years together 84-87, that is not a lot of GN's. Just think of the population.

True, and compared to 60's GM A body musclecars, starting with the 64 Pontiac GTO, over 32,000 units for the first year, 96,000 units best sales year 1966, with almost 500,000 total units 64-74, Chevelle SS sales were similar, Skylark GS, Olds 442 I don't know production, but none the less, GN's and T's 84-87 models combined are moderate production. Considering the carnage over the last 20 years ( junked, wrecked, stolen, parted out, etc.), there are that many less available. Also consider that while possible, it is much more involved to try and put together a replica GN,T,GNX, than an older mainstream (GTO,Chevelle SS, etc.) muscle car replica, so the GNs',T's,GNX's are the real thing.

It's good to continue to see all the GN's and T's, stock low mileage, high mileage, modded, and raced, and even the parts cars, they have stood the test of time. As with all collectible cars, the values go up and down and probably always will.

Part of me is glad that prices are going up, because if I sell my Limited I should be able to get all of my money back out, but another part is a bit disgusted, in that eventually, only the super rich are going to be able to afford the cars that the everyday enthusiast dreams of.

Why is everything turned into an investment opportunity? What happened to just enjoying cars for what they were made for? The whole world revolves around making money, and it makes me wanna puke sometimes. :(