Gn owns an 03 cobra....

Originally posted by stroked347
Lastly, TopGun so what if you raced a 7 second 4 cylinder? I guess YOU didnt do your homework? SPEED COSTS, HOW FAST YOU WANNA GO? [/B]

I have never run across a 4 banger on the STREET running quicker than 14's.

I had a 347 stroker give me a good run one time, what does yours run?

Have not run the new motor yet. Between work and the freakin rain, no time yet. Motor built to go 10.50's all motor. This motor was built with alil street in mind, so im giving up some on the cam and converter. With a small hit, should go single digit.

How about you? How is that thing on the street?

Pat

Have not run the new motor yet. Between work and the freakin rain, no time yet. Motor built to go 10.50's all motor. This motor was built with alil street in mind, so im giving up some on the cam and converter. With a small hit, should go single digit.

Pat

Are you using that Mexican block??

Gee...

I've got a twin turbo, stage 2 block, full chassis Grand National street car that runs 7's on pump gas....just haven't gotten around to buying any of the parts yet....

It's all in my mind, but it sure is nice. It will WASTE your Mustang.

Just as soon as I get around to building it....

Gettin' fun isn't it....but it's still pointless to argue. The all conquering '03 Cobra still got beat by the little 6 cylinder....

SO HA!

Motor built to go 10.50's all motor. This motor was built with alil street in mind, so im giving up some on the cam and converter.

Pat
10.5 in street trim? I'd love to see those timeslips.

Pat

With my current PT 70 turbo it runs hi 9's to low 10's@ 136. Switching the turbo to a PT 76 it will run mid to low 9's, it's very streetable, nice and quiet running thru a full exhaust.

OKTurbo, that was pointless

TTA do you really think its not possible? I mean, there are True Street( mustang class) cars that average 8.90's on 3 back to back passes after a 50 mile street tour...and you cant even lift your hood between rounds

Top Gun, sounds like a scary ride. Im sure you would have to upgrade your block at that point?

Top Gun, sounds like a scary ride. Im sure you would have to upgrade your block at that point?

Yeah and he forgot to tell you he ran 9.92 @138.5mph with the GTQ PT71 turbo and that was with a 1.55 60' at the BG Nats........ Meaning his car has the potential to run some 9.50's with a better 60' time and this is a full weight car that weighs at least 3550lbs to compete in TSM as Dave does..... If he took some weight out of the car and put either the PT76 or the GTQ PT71 back on there is no doubt in my mind it could go low 9's with a 1.3x 60'!

BTW, here is a good video of Dave against Jason Cramer in the finals of TSM.........
http://www.gnttype.org/tsm/media/TSMFinal03Nats.wmv

(muttered by stroked347)
"OKTurbo, that was pointless "

HEY! You got my point!

this is gettin' fun....:)

Originally posted by blackshoebox
:rolleyes: ...You mustang guys are funny, always looking for an angle to defend your point, when you have no point to begin with. Why not just compare a funny car to a street car, at the rate you are going, that would not be to far off.:rolleyes: The slobra got walked, and that's it.

Next, drive through please.;)

You Buick guys are always looking for an excuse about something going wrong at the track..:D Slobra??? Im not getting this??. Those cars run hands down.. "Slobras" are running 11's with 1000k in mods. maybe even less you show me something comparable.. Damn lix I never understood why you keep on bashing Mustangs when your car aint doin too good. Be nice;) :D :D

I don't know who lix is, but...

Originally posted by badasst7
You Buick guys are always looking for an excuse about something going wrong at the track..:D Slobra??? Im not getting this??. Those cars run hands down.. "Slobras" are running 11's with 1000k in mods. maybe even less you show me something comparable.. Damn lix I never understood why you keep on bashing Mustangs when your car aint doin too good. Be nice;) :D :D

$34000 + $1000 = $35000 03 Cobra

$5000 + $1500 = $6500 My T-type

Do you see why I'm not all that excited about the 03 Cobra?

Someday when they are $14K maybe I'll get excited about running 11's with $1K in mods.

Originally posted by badasst7

Well '03 Cobras are selling for $35K to $40K new as I've seen and FYI there has been turbo buicks in the 11's for $1000, but I guess you wouldn't know that :rolleyes:....... BTW, Alex never bashed Mustangs in this thread unless you think saying Slobra instead of Cobra is bashing.... Hell go ahead and call my Turbo-T a Slow-T and see if I care! The new '03 Cobras run very well with bolt-on mods and little money invested but I'd sure hope so because it is a V8 with all of todays technology (4V heads help) and it's blown (supercharged) from the factory! IF it didn't run as well as it does with bolt-ons it would have been labeled a slug so yeah it runs real well but it better for what it is!!!

Let's keep this on topic cause the topic is about how Dave walked an '03 Cobra....... Like it or NOT! If you don't like it than don't bother posting cause it will lead to you getting nowhere.......

:cool:

I like the cobras personally.. Nice look to them in fact I am thinking about a new one...But I will wait until the New '05s that Shelby is doing.. They look like the old 68 GT 500's but with a bit more balls..

But I agree with the posts in terms of the prices..

Unfortunately my need for speed is a bit more costly than the examples shown... But hey we only live once and maybe gone tomorrow.

The cobra would be the "daily driver" m-f the GN is the Weekend AZZ KICKR

:)

Mexican im Mexican who cares this is what i can say

there was a saleen/cobra who knows but i can say this it had per owner

heads,cam,blower,intercooler,gears,nos not sure on jets,and everything else

his best is 12.1 not bad sea leval he would run 11.1 BUT im running 12.4 with a quarter of the cost

as for mustangs we have a guy here that is NASTY with them he finally figured to put a HUGE turbo on a couple of them and turns 9s and sure 8s no problem

anything is fast with enough money in it we just dont need as much as everyone else and doing it with 2 less cilenders

Johnny

Originally posted by badboy86gn2
Mexican im Mexican who cares this is what i can say

there was a saleen/cobra who knows but i can say this it had per owner

heads,cam,blower,intercooler,gears,nos not sure on jets,and everything else

his best is 12.1 not bad sea leval he would run 11.1 BUT im running 12.4 with a quarter of the cost

as for mustangs we have a guy here that is NASTY with them he finally figured to put a HUGE turbo on a couple of them and turns 9s and sure 8s no problem

anything is fast with enough money in it we just dont need as much as everyone else and doing it with 2 less cilenders

Johnny

LOL That's funny, but you ever notice ANY CAR from the factory will be allot easier and cheaper to get more HP if it has a power adder.. For example take your GN or T-type and leave the boost alone, keep it at factory settings, then mess with the rest and let me know the difference. Look at the cars you can mod easy and cheap.. GN, New cobra, Eclipse ( turbo of course ) Any N/A's running fast? , Rx7, 300 zx, VR4, WRX, Sr-4, even the stupid Grand am that is blown. See they all have a power adder from factory which is obviously going to give you the advantage for Hp Vrs Money arguments. But then again I know a few people for less then 600 buck running 10's and 11's in mustangs and camaro's with just nitrous. Also money for money, How much is a fuel pump for the GN's. Injectors? Alum. Heads? Intake's?? All your N/A stuff is probably more then a Mustang's or camaro's, and lets not even talk about older Chevy's. And on top of all this if we jump into the used market, There would be no competition.

You can keep the NAAAAWWWWWWS...

I prefer little boooze over the gas.. (alky that is) ;)