GN owner occupations

LOL. Project Manager in the construction industry. The State agency I work for only awards contracts to the lowest bidder. This competitive low bid system attracts many contractors who will bid low to win the contract then try to cheat and cut corners in order to make a profit. Part of my job is to ensure we don't get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors and often times that part of the job feels like adult day care.

Gotcha ... I'm sure the other military guys can attest to the lowest bidder way of business. So I understand haha.

CNC setup/machinist/tool maker here, I work at one of the largest tsugami machine shops in the country. Pretty cool job, pays well and it's cool to know that the parts I make keeps America going...Mike

Are those carlyle compressors compound compression? are ya using 407 for low temp also?
That particular store was retrofitted to 407a.. yes the low temp. Is compound cool..Of the 2 chains I service the one pictured is not a favorite (W lm rt.) :( . All of the new builds with Publix are 407a low temp. direct expansion systems. The medium temp. Is 407a with secondary glycol pumped through heat exchangers (evaporators)
Recently had an introduction to Co2 refrigeration in the supermarket. Goodbye HFC's

I worked on cars for just about 30 years and had a chance to get into a utility company in 2012. I should have done this years ago. I'm not big on heights and we have some equipment that go up to 205ft.Thats not fun. but we do have all kinds of weird stuff that I get to work on.

I am a package car driver for UPS. Been there for 19 years. Owned my ttype for 11 years.

Operating Engineer. Picture of me on a job a few years ago re - routing a creek.

Attachments

• 1432747870519.jpg
    1432747870519.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 199
Welder/fabricator at a Department Of Energy nuclear bomb plant.

I'm just glad that when I go home I don't glow at night!!

That particular store was retrofitted to 407a.. yes the low temp. Is compound cool..Of the 2 chains I service the one pictured is not a favorite (W lm rt.) :( . All of the new builds with Publix are 407a low temp. direct expansion systems. The medium temp. Is 407a with secondary glycol pumped through heat exchangers (evaporators)
Recently had an introduction to Co2 refrigeration in the supermarket. Goodbye HFC's
looked like an old hill/phenix refrig house on top of walmart. They were using 22 at the time for med and low that why i asked. First 2 banks on comp brought it up to 60#
last 1 or to 2 ran it up to 250. That was years ago :cool:

looked like an old hill/phenix refrig house on top of walmart. They were using 22 at the time for med and low that why i asked. First 2 banks on comp brought it up to 60#
last 1 or to 2 ran it up to 250. That was years ago :cool:
That would be a nearly correct statement ,rather than the roof we are on the side of the building though. Since the conversion to 407a they have managed to break every low-temp compressor due sporlans wonderfully engineered electronic sub cool control. :( I am often left wondering how they even stay in business

With the economy as bad as it is today, just curious what GN owners do for a living? Or how do you support your Buick (racing/show/accumulating parts) habits?

I'm retired. My mom thot I worked at Micky D's, when actually, I played piano in a whorehouse:smuggrin:

I have spent half my life at Dow Chemical playing with pre polymers and some nasty chems. Started when I was 21 and I'm turning 41 in a week. Its all a blurr, time really does fly by.

I have worked for CAT for the last nine years in various roles. Just left being a machine development engineer to become some other sort of engineer. I haven't really figured out what I'm engineering in this new role yet.
I would love to quit and work for myself. I just haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk