GN Mechanics in Round Rock/Austin Area needed

gduncan

Hey everyone, I've been trying to find someone in the Round Rock/Austin, TX area (or even San Antonio) that really knows their stuff when it comes to the Turbo 6. It's been hit or miss since I got here but no one I've met knows these cars specifically or they have went out of business. I'm in need of having my fuel injectors, fuel pump, coil pack and cam timing module all replaced. Any help is appreciated.

1987 GN
stock 3.8 block
42.5lb injectors
3" Terry Houston downpipe
Alky Kit
original, rebuilt turbo
Torque Strap
High output alternator
Billet Fuel pressure requlator
Scan Master 2.1

Not exactly in the area but I can help you out. I'm in Hillsboro about 30 or so miles north of Waco.

Hey everyone, I've been trying to find someone in the Round Rock/Austin, TX area (or even San Antonio) that really knows their stuff when it comes to the Turbo 6. It's been hit or miss since I got here but no one I've met knows these cars specifically or they have went out of business. I'm in need of having my fuel injectors, fuel pump, coil pack and cam timing module all replaced. Any help is appreciated.

1987 GN
stock 3.8 block
42.5lb injectors
3" Terry Houston downpipe
Alky Kit
original, rebuilt turbo
Torque Strap
High output alternator
Billet Fuel pressure requlator
Scan Master 2.1
drive that killer car down to houston, i might be able to help you out

Me too, just got my GN over the weekend!!!! Im in cedar park.

There is a local guy, Tim Blessin, who comes highly recommended. Actually, he used to own a shop for 15 years and all he did was the turbo regals, so he knows these cars inside and out. He closed down his shop some years ago when his business partner got sick. He still goes out to the Schlotzsky's in Cedar Park on Sundays though. I think he drives an old school V-dub. I've been in touch with him to work on my car (my ignition switch went out recently) but he stays extremely busy but he is definitely the go-to guy here locally. I've tried other mechanics but to be honest, if they're not familiar with these cars they can do more harm than good.

I've only seen one other GN out here in the last two years (a guy by the name of Jeff who goes to Schlotzskys too - and his GN is a beast - high 10's in the quarter), so congratulations on getting yours. It's amazing that people still are unaware of these pieces of American muscle car history.

Once I get my car running I'll definitely head out to Schlotzsky's.

Stay in touch buddy as I don't know of any other people with these cars in our area.

There is a local guy, Tim Blessin, who comes highly recommended. Actually, he used to own a shop for 15 years and all he did was the turbo regals, so he knows these cars inside and out. He closed down his shop some years ago when his business partner got sick. He still goes out to the Schlotzsky's in Cedar Park on Sundays though. I think he drives an old school V-dub. I've been in touch with him to work on my car (my ignition switch went out recently) but he stays extremely busy but he is definitely the go-to guy here locally. I've tried other mechanics but to be honest, if they're not familiar with these cars they can do more harm than good.

I've only seen one other GN out here in the last two years (a guy by the name of Jeff who goes to Schlotzskys too - and his GN is a beast - high 10's in the quarter), so congratulations on getting yours. It's amazing that people still are unaware of these pieces of American muscle car history.

Once I get my car running I'll definitely head out to Schlotzsky's.

Stay in touch buddy as I don't know of any other people with these cars in our area.

Thanks alot for the reply!! I will be out there sat. to show off my new ride, probably the only GN there (at least with paper plates). Come see me if your out would like to meet you!