GN Cartoon pics

"Reaper"

Gone To The Dark Side
Never seen these anyone else have anymore?

c53ae5483e613f5509d4205ea6eb8a7b.jpg

1c90c7f519e9ff0bc4e8817cf0e27a5b.jpg

1949b9e743417ce5884dcc01b329dae6.jpg

That guy does the cartoons for Dennis Kirban, i believe.... he used to do a lot of them in the newsletter and some of his books....hth

aaron

Just saw this link yes over the yeasrs I have used two cartoonist where I would give them an idea and they would draw from it..both cartoonist had turbo regals...one shown is Matt Blair andI think you can see my name kirban in one of them.

The other cartoonist was Paul Vilser who is still quite active in the turbo buick world.....like the monthly written newsletters they have gone by bye.,.....now just history.

You can see many of them in some of our older catalogs. The last printed catalog we did was in 2007 marked the 20th anniversary.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Quick story along similar lines....few years back I was at a Pontiac show and a vendor was selling a framed illustration of a 1964 GTO. He claimed it came out of a Pontiac dealership and said it was a factory item and was asking $150 for it. I told him he was incorrect that it was artwork I had gotten done years ago and sold the prints. He would not believe me then it dawned on me how I could prove it...in the illustration it showed as the license plate A MOVER. It was a plate I still have in use and I had my car registration with me that happen to have that tag wording on it. then he believed me and I bought the framed print for alot less money....true story...

I still have a lot of the original art boards full size of the cartoons

I don't believe I would sell any of the originals...the fact both owned Turbo cars their illustrations were quite exact in detail of the cars. One of the funniest ones was one I had Matt Blair do where the car was upside down and the owner was installing the missing body bushings.

I may look for some of them and get my buddy to post a few photos in this thread.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I don't believe I would sell any of the originals...the fact both owned Turbo cars their illustrations were quite exact in detail of the cars. One of the funniest ones was one I had Matt Blair do where the car was upside down and the owner was installing the missing body bushings.

I may look for some of them and get my buddy to post a few photos in this thread.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Matt Blair is on FB and has some of the pics he has done on there. I download all the ones he had on FB and he has the one your talking about. I thought that one was pretty funny..

f14383e3081d5a3541c674373b838460.jpg

Yep. Those are mine. Well....Kirbans now. I just drew them.

Hey Dennis! Long time no see eh?

You new toonist is doing great work!

I drew that one by taking one of my Peach State die casts and turning it upside down and drawing it. That was a fun one.

Matt Blair is on FB and has some of the pics he has done on there. I download all the ones he had on FB and he has the one your talking about. I thought that one was pretty funny..

f14383e3081d5a3541c674373b838460.jpg

I made all these before the days of good internet pictures. Your collection of great cars were my only means of inspiration until I finally got my own.

denniskirban@yahoo.com