GN Car prices as of late ??

I didn't buy my car as an investment. I bought the rust bucket because I always wanted one and got it fairly cheap considering.:redface: Unless something happens I'll keep her and do improvements to it. So far I think she's pissed at me because she fell on me a week or so ago but I'm still here so I take it as a warning.:eek: Stil love her but she's a B!tch! Just got to tame her some.:cool:

Hell I lost 2K$ on a true blue 69 Nova SS roller that was 100% rust free and ready for paint last year...

I was planning on selling my GN here recently and buying a 2010 G8, but A)the market sucks and B) My Gn kicks ass!

I might have 18K in my car at this point, but when it's all said and done... Im driving hands down one of the baddest Daily Driven cars within the north Texas area. It's set to kill, all day every day!

I paid 10K for my car back in the fall of 2006 "not running" but with a brand new engine and turbo. It needed a radiator, fuel pump, and Maf... and I was happy with the price at the time! Now I could care less what it's worth, because I'll never get my "investment" back, but what I do have is the memories of being a notorious car on the SW Houston scene for well over 2 years!

I still hear about the time I waxed two LS1 Camaro/firebirds on a 4 lane road... I was at a stop light 100 yard back when they left, and i caught them by the 1/4 with my GF in the car laughing like a damn maniac!!! I wasn't even "out" that night, I simply was in the right place at the right time... Legend status is priceless.

I was raised building model airplanes, rockets, r/c cars and such and my Dad loved the saying "We dont cry about things that fly"... our cars fly! :cool:

I didn't buy my car as an investment. I bought the rust bucket because I always wanted one and got it fairly cheap considering.:redface: Unless something happens I'll keep her and do improvements to it. So far I think she's pissed at me because she fell on me a week or so ago but I'm still here so I take it as a warning.:eek: Stil love her but she's a B!tch! Just got to tame her some.:cool:

Dang Charlie, good thing you are alright. My gold diggin ho has bitten me a few times, scrapes and burns etc...guess you can call them love bites. :biggrin:

I agree with everyone else, cars are for entertainment.

It's just like everything else that's considered a "toy" right now. No one is buying a GN because they need a GN as a daily driver to get to and from work. Don't worry, the market will come back. Every year there will be less and less of our cars out there. :)

The whole car market just sucks. I just sold my 97 Camaro SS, that I put untold amounts of money into (396 stroker, 12 bolt rear), and was the original owner of. I could have gotten more for it 3 years ago or so, but I wasn't ready to sell it. Now with that money, and my tax returns, I will be buying a GN. I'm sure whoever I will buy the car from will take a little beating too, but that's the market today. Am I buying a GN for the investment? No! I'm buying one because I have wanted it since they came out when I was 13 (I am 36 now). I already have one of Scott's 3 gauge holders on order, and I have yet to buy a GN! I plan to drive and enjoy it, that's my investment.

Nick

Go up for a romantic getaway with the wife, then surprise her with a looong roadtrip back home. I'd do it:biggrin:

Go up for a romantic getaway with the wife, then surprise her with a looong roadtrip back home. I'd do it:biggrin:

Yea, the key word here being "looooong" trip back. Hope it has a good radio because that's the only sound you'll hear for about 60 hours of driving! I've only been married a short time (30 years), but I'm thinking that's not such a good idea.:rolleyes:

:) +1
it's just like everything else that's considered a "toy" right now. No one is buying a gn because they need a gn as a daily driver to get to and from work. Don't worry, the market will come back. Every year there will be less and less of our cars out there. :)

Don't get me wrong guys, I wasn't looking to make an investment or a profit. I just didn't expect the values to fall so flat. A car like mine should get about 12k and would have from 2001 to 2008. Now I'd be lucky to get 7k based on what I am seeing. Hell I would be happy with 10k right now. Just frustrated....but the one poster is right I think - this slow economy is killing the "toy" market. Let's hope it comes back. An addition to my family and some other things had me considering selling - but not in this market. I would be better off financially by tearing it apart - which would really be a shame to do.

Very interesting link to read. As a newer owner that wanted to buy a reliable project and knew what I was getting into I purchased mine needing work GN for 8K, 9K in paint and body work, 1K in suspension/tires, 1K in trans repair, and misc BS for another 1K. So I have 20 grand into this 73K mile 86GN and I couldnt be happier. I know I could have purchased a 40K mile car for 15-18 but hey I had fun making this what I want and I know whats been done and that its been fixed correctly. I purchased mine in April and the market has gotten even softer. I sold an 03 Z06 to buy this and my Iroc. I sold the Z for 22 grand and paid 33 for it 4 years ago. This GN will not lose 11 grand in 4 years. So long story short 20 grand now and I know It will never depreciate like anything new. Unfortunatley the economy is the reason and folks are selling their expensive toys/hobbies for pennies on the dollar because they need cash and that brings down the whole market. Either way, this is the car of my dreams 24 years ago and I am having the time of my life with this thing.

It always amuses me when someone lists their car for sale and puts "Too much to list".....lol and they wonder why they have to keep listing their car for sale:rolleyes:.

Does he think people are just gonna guess what mods he has and say "It must be a great car cause there is too much to list".....

The stupidity of people never seizes to amaze me.

My stocks are kicken ass tho.....

I just picked up a 09 CTSV 2 mos ago, modded it to 660 whp and love it. But I am here looking at GN's because its a buyers market. You can get alot of car for the money right now. I'm 33 and have had alot of fun cars but I always sold one to buy the next, now I'm in the buy them slower and keep mode. I would never have thought I would be looking to pick up another toy just after picking up my caddy which will fall like a rock in value. I do love it though. Btw I have been doing well with penny stock but have been getting smoked recently.

I just picked up a 09 CTSV 2 mos ago, modded it to 660 whp and love it. But I am here looking at GN's because its a buyers market. You can get alot of car for the money right now. I'm 33 and have had alot of fun cars but I always sold one to buy the next, now I'm in the buy them slower and keep mode. I would never have thought I would be looking to pick up another toy just after picking up my caddy which will fall like a rock in value. I do love it though. Btw I have been doing well with penny stock but have been getting smoked recently.
660? wat mods?

660? wat mods?

Upper 2.55 pulley
Lower 9.1 Pulley
16-17psi
216/242 .650/.665 122 camshaft
5" Thick Heat Exchanger
Air Box Mod w/ Cold Air Intake
Ported Heads
Ported Blower

It still drive amazing, you can only hear maybe 3% cam sound and no cam shake. All this through stock manifolds and exhaust.

Very interesting link to read. As a newer owner that wanted to buy a reliable project and knew what I was getting into I purchased mine needing work GN for 8K, 9K in paint and body work, 1K in suspension/tires, 1K in trans repair, and misc BS for another 1K. So I have 20 grand into this 73K mile 86GN and I couldnt be happier. I know I could have purchased a 40K mile car for 15-18 but hey I had fun making this what I want and I know whats been done and that its been fixed correctly. I purchased mine in April and the market has gotten even softer. I sold an 03 Z06 to buy this and my Iroc. I sold the Z for 22 grand and paid 33 for it 4 years ago. This GN will not lose 11 grand in 4 years. So long story short 20 grand now and I know It will never depreciate like anything new. Unfortunatley the economy is the reason and folks are selling their expensive toys/hobbies for pennies on the dollar because they need cash and that brings down the whole market. Either way, this is the car of my dreams 24 years ago and I am having the time of my life with this thing.

Never depreciate? Depends on how you look at it. If you were to sell your car now you would probably get 13 or 14K for it. If so, then it already had depreciated 7 grand.

Never depreciate? Depends on how you look at it. If you were to sell your car now you would probably get 13 or 14K for it. If so, then it already had depreciated 7 grand.
There is a difference between "depreciate" and being undervalued. They're basically the same if you have to sell today, but if like in the stock market you can wait until the market rebounds, your car did not depreciate. Now before someone goes crazy on me, I DID NOT just equate buying a GN to buying stock. I am merely pointing out that a new car depreciates, goes down in value to never recover, collectible cars go up and down with the current market. When I had the chance to buy a GNX in 1987 with the MSO for 10K over sticker I thought the guy was nuts, little did I know that that car was not going to depreciate. Then again, the way I enjoy driving my cars, what would a GNX with about 100K miles be worth? It's all relative.