GN Battery

pwrsix

What kind of batteries do people have in their GN's? Mine is dead and I will be buying a new one in the spring. I wanted to see if anybody preferred one brand over another.

Battery choice

I use the top of the line AC Delco. I looked into the Optima, but heard too many questionable stories on them.

I went with overpriced 5-6yr ac/delco 3 times on 3 diff cars they are $**** if u let the car sit. this is weird because my 99 camaro's factory batt lasted 5yrs and it now has like 21k miles tried others too ... guess i need to buy 10 battery tenders

The car does sit in the winter months. That is why I need a new one. The one that is in it is a cheap Walmart special. I always thought that Interstate had the best batteries?

Interstate batteries suck

Interstate batteries suck! I have had to replace three of them in the past two years. Two were only 1 year old. Yes they were under warranty but...
I have never had a problem with die hard batteries from sears. They are the best in my opinion. Oh yeah and interstate gives you a reman battery under warranty. Crap!

i have an interstate battery in my pickup that i bought 3 years ago.. it has never not started in even the coldest january nights and hottest July days. that truck sat all summer with the battery hooked up, and this fall it cranked over like it was just parked 1/2 hour earlier when i got it back on the road.

i have an interstate battery in my pickup that i bought 3 years ago.. it has never not started in even the coldest january nights and hottest July days. that truck sat all summer with the battery hooked up, and this fall it cranked over like it was just parked 1/2 hour earlier when i got it back on the road.

Consider yourself lucky.

Store Locator | NAPA Online

I put this battery in my buick.its bigger than what the factory calls for but it fits like a glove in the factory spot.My friend gave me a hook up on the price so i dont know the honest price.The best thing is it has a 84 month warranty and i dont need to treat the receipt like its gold.Any time it dies go in and they replace it no receipt needed.

I went with overpriced 5-6yr ac/delco 3 times on 3 diff cars they are $**** if u let the car sit. this is weird because my 99 camaro's factory batt lasted 5yrs and it now has like 21k miles tried others too ... guess i need to buy 10 battery tenders

I use Ac/Delco as well for many many years. You are right, however, you need to maintain them...even though they say they are "maintenance free"...yeah right. I just hook up my automatic charger/maintainer every now and then if it needs it or not.

Between the vette & the GN, I've tried many different batteries. Didn't seem to matter which brand, they'd all not make it past 2 years. The vette would kill the battery in under 2 weeks if it wasn't driven (normal for the C5) the GN I would sometime leave in storage for 3 or 4 months and when I'd take it out, I'd swap it's battery with a DD. Finally ended up buying 4 battery tender Jr's off ebay and pretty much leave the vette & the GN plugged in all the time. First time the battery in the vette has ever lasted longer than 1.5 years.

Optima (Red Top).................Great Battery..........can be mounted upside down if you want it that way. ;)

Too funny, I have not been on the forum for years and the first post I see is about a battery. Just so happens I had to put a new batery in my GN yesterday, went with ACDelco as I now show the car quite a bit and wanted the original look.

When I pulled the old Duralast battery out I checked my recept in the glove box and had a good laugh. It was an 8 yr Duralast Gold example that I bought in August of 2000! Holy crap, 9 and a half years! While my GN is not daily driven and I do use a battery tender on all my cars, I know there have been times when it sat for months without a charger on it and it has been jump started a few times due to dead battery over the years.

Normaly don't have anything good to say about Autozone but......

Battery

I think Consumers Report did a review of batteries just a few months ago and I think they rated the Walmart battery as a best buy. Check with your library they should have the article. I bought a battery for my Edorado today from Walmart and it has a 2 year no questions asked replacement if it goes bad. What I've been doing is taking a questionable battery back before the 2 years and getting a replacement. HTH

Roger

I've been using Gold Top Duralast batteries from Autozone for years. In my GN, wife's Buick, the Vette, and my two Jeeps. To me, they really perform and last a long time. Even my brother was impressed and bought Duralast for all of his cars. The Premeium Gold Diehards I used were crap. Wouldn't hold a charge for long. I use the BatteryTender Jr. on all my batteries. Consumer Reports, a few years ago, gave very high marks on these Gold Top Duralast. But...each to his own, just my opinion and experience.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Store Locator | NAPA Online

I put this battery in my buick.its bigger than what the factory calls for but it fits like a glove in the factory spot.My friend gave me a hook up on the price so i dont know the honest price.The best thing is it has a 84 month warranty and i dont need to treat the receipt like its gold.Any time it dies go in and they replace it no receipt needed.

I recently purchased the NAPA Legend Premium: 84 Month, Part #8475.

Priced @ $125.12

I used the 0200 Main Street Auto discout account which rang up $94.17, minus the core deposit: $11.37. Total for the Battery was $82.00.
NAPA then delivered it to my job site and picked up my dead AC Delco battery. :wink: