GN Battery

I have a Super Start battery in the GN and I use the Battery Butler from Kirban and it has worked awesome all winter here in Indiana. Starts up as soon as I start to crank the engine. Majority of batteries work fine but some can handle being cycled more than others.

I have a Interstate battery in my camper and it is 3 years old and it works fine after sitting in the basement all winter as long as I trickle charge it for a week before I put it back in the camper for the summer.

a poll would have helped :confused:

i guess i'll just go back to what worked for me in the past
which would be an expensive DieHard.

My Pepboys batt died yesterday 18mos old. This was a replacement for 2 failed AC Delco batts. This time i purchased Autozone Duralast 2yr free replacement.

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm looking for the CURRENT proper A/C Delco replacement battery for our cars. The original was a 75 series battery.

I need it by Friday, the 12th.

Who knows what I'm looking for, please?

first one is standard grade and second one is the gold series

and just so everyone knows all major brands of automotive batteries are made by exide , east penn, or Johnson controls , then they are re badged by companies such as interstate, Napa , auto zone , Walmart , ETC.

optima not what it use to be , one of the best IMOP is the odyssey , thats what I have

and just so everyone knows all major brands of automotive batteries are made by exide , east penn, or Johnson controls , then they are re badged by companies such as interstate, Napa , auto zone , Walmart , ETC.

optima not what it use to be , one of the best IMOP is the odyssey , thats what I have

Cool.

On a hunch, I had Advance Auto order me in one ACDelco 75PS just before you posted this. Guess I'll be buying it.

I appreciate the quick response, sir.

no problem good deal support local place and will have place close by if needed

This. With Johnson Controls seeming to be the best mfg. DieHard for years was the go to battery but Sears switched from JC to Exide and they turned into crap. Optima was first class also but they moved the mfg to mech-ee-co and may as well have a AA Rayovac. Wonder how much they've loss stepping over the hundred dollar bill to pick up a dime.
Have been using the higher price JC made Interstate megatron and have been very good. The one in the farm tractor, 6v, has to be 5 years old. A gold duralast, also JC made, in the gmc is almost 7 and the gn is 3. The farmall stays on a maintainer and the gn also in the winter. Letting any battery drain will kill its life faster than anything other than piss poor mfg. Garden tractor has an interstate too that's about 9 years old and still works great. Funny thing is that just sits in the winter and gets started every few weeks.
The older delcos use to be good but they too switched mfg iirc.
P.S. Would anyone really want someone to see a walturd battery in their gn, especially at a show.

I had an interstate in my boat for 6 years covered in salt water all day and still going just changed it bc of age and don't want to be stranded on the water !!!!

One of these is great for cars not drived everyday. This is probably more important than the battery brand/quality in my opinion...

I leave my car plugged in whenever it is not being driven.