GM TURBO 6 October meet update

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
Guys we hope to use this thread throught the weekend to keep everyone updated on what is going on. We had at least 70 people at RC's here tonite and was able to witness Jack and Cal workin hard on the dyno. It is good to see new faces and remember that we will be at the track at 9am to begin racing and we will run until noon. Then we will be back at the shop with all guests working hard to answer your questions. Dont forget we have everyone in every aspect of Buicks so the only stupid questions are the ones that you dont ask. I will see everyone at the track/shops over the next 2 days. Be safe everyone and good nite.:cool:

RE: GM TURBO6 Meet

Clint,
Did they put Benny's Stage 2 car on the dyno yesterday? If so let me know what it did . I had to work and couldn't get off to come with him so I'm in the dark,biting my nails wondering !! Thanks,
Mat

A few Video's and pics:

Richard%20Clarks

Richard%20Clarks

Richard%20Clarks

DSC03119.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

Jim

Saturday

Ok folks, this was a looooooong day. For those that attended for just the one day on behalf of Richard Clark / Dennis Kirban / GM TURBO6 we really appreciate you helping to support and we hope to do this again in the near future. Here is a few shots of the tech folks in action and we really want to thank the following people for their effort and support:

Harry Hruska from Precision Turbo:
DSC06854%20(Medium).JPG

Dan Strezo from DLS Engine:
DSC06837fix%20(Medium).jpg

Jason Cramer from RJC Racing:
DSC06871%20(Medium).JPG

Cal Hartline from Hartline performance:
DSC06848%20(Medium).JPG

Paul Ferry and Dave England from HRPartsNStuff:
DSC06867%20(Medium).JPG

Julio Don from Alkycontrol:
DSC06847%20(Medium).JPG

John Spina from Caspers Electronics:
DSC06843%20(Medium).JPG

Jack Cotton from Cottons Performance:
DSC06860%20(Medium).JPG

Vince and Connie Janis from Janis Transmission:
DSC06838%20(Medium).JPG

Rick and Kristi from Metco Motorsports:
DSC06863%20(Medium).JPG

More

Chris and Ron Sklenar from Customautoapparel.com:
DSC06845%20(Medium).JPG

Dennis Kirban and Richard Clark from ZDDPlus:
DSC06861%20(Medium).JPG

Heres a shot of da punkin' with the wheels up!
pumpkin%20(Medium).JPG

The rest of the images are located here and I will add the rest to this folder as I get them tomorrow so enjoy!
Richard Clark Open House

We will open at 9am and run until 4pm. Jason Cramer will still be on site to answer any of your questions about his products. I will give an update tomorrow evening, good nite everyone and thanks again for making this event spectacular!!

open house

Great job clint and to everyone else that put this open house together.I would like to thank Richard for having the GM_TURBO6 october meet at his shop and showing us Turbo Buick heaven.I hope this can be a yearly event so close to home. Thanks again and great job. :biggrin:

Richard's place

Thanks to everyone involved for putting together such an awesome event. My two guests and I were there all day Saturday and we had a blast. Look forward to doing this again sooner than later. :D

Sunday Results

Well a great time had by all has come to an end. This was the SINGLE LARGEST non-racing Turbo Buick event ever put together, we had well over 300 people on Saturday alone. We finished with a little over 100 folks to end the evening. What more could you ask for than free food, free technical advice from the best names in the business, Free track time, as well as free dyno time. With that we would like to give thanks to all who help to support the door prize giveaways and assisted with the 50/50 drawing. Someone took home $350 on Saturday and $250 on Sunday. We also had a long-distance award winners for the individuals that drove the farthest to attend in Burlington, NC

$100 3rd place prize went to:
Brett Wallace from Kaukauna, Wisconsin

1,062 Miles

$200 2nd place went to:
Austin & LaDonna Kendall from Del City, Oklahoma

1,147 Miles

$300 1st place went to:
Fred Baker & Dick Walker from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

1,160 Miles

Man I tell you what, it was REALLY great day for my bud Jack Cotton from Agawam, MA. Jack not only took home the 50/50 drawing of $250 but he ALSO was awarded the Turbo Cup. This was sponsored by ZDDPlus and had a $500 cash prize. Jack will have to defend the cup at an upcoming event in 09. He won this by being the fastest full bodied turbo v6 regal to attend the dragstrip. He ran the best of a 5.75 at 125mph to receive this award so congrats to the Cotton crew for a great showing here in NC:
DSC06892%20(Medium).JPG

And finally we would like to say thanks to the main crew that made all of this a reality for everyone.
Dennis and Eileen Kirban, Pete Hoffman, and Richard Clark

DSC06891%20(Medium).JPG

In closing I hope everyone has a safe Journey home and I think that the Oklahoma Crew might be home by Wednesday morning:eek: and I will see everyone soon in 2009.
Regards and thanks for your support:

turbo 6 meet

new to the forum, looked thru the window for years recently become a member.i want to thank mr. clark and everyone for a great event..ive been around a bunch of different groups ford chevys etc. but none better than the buick family also thanks to jack cotton for answering all my questions kool guy with a fast car....

This was a great event. My guest and I had a real good time.. The strip was awesome, 1st time to see buicks at the strip, these cars are just awesome. !

Thanks guys for making it happen

Thanks guys and gals that came and attended this wonderful event. I hope that everyone have a good time and learned something from all the tech sessions.

Thank you R-Clark, Kirban's performance, Pete hoffman and GM Turbo 6 for making this go from a simple idea while eating a hot dog at the lake to a reality!

Pat Broughton (1SloGN)

What a great meet!!! Thanks to Richard Clark for openning this shop, feeding us and getting the dragstrip!
Clint, Cheryl, The Kirbans, Mr Hoffman and everyone else that helped organize this meet, you're all the best!

It was absolutely the best meet I've ever been to and can't wait to see what's next.

I don't have an exact figure, but I believe I dropped around $300 on the vendors. Got some really cool stuff.

MAN was it Fantastic..a BIG Thanks to Richard!!! And of course Clint, Dennis and everyone involved in putting it on...:)