Getting There, my new best

esinger

Stroker Hot Air
Well, I when to the local dragstrip with a IC buddy and we ran our cars.

Last time I went my best was 8.985 @73.906 MPH. My boost was at 20 Lbs and no added timing.

Here's my slip from my last (and best) run today:

R/T .624
60' 1.990
330 5.508
Time 8.424
Mph 84.99

That's with 24 Lbs of boost, around 2 degrees of timing advance, 7.2 % fuel pull from the TT chip, 93 octane on street tires (Pep Boys futuras) and akly set at 5 on the knob. Hooking up is obviously a big issue, but it feels good and I think it has more to offer.

Well, I when to the local dragstrip with a IC buddy and we ran our cars.

Last time I went my best was 8.985 @73.906 MPH. My boost was at 20 Lbs and no added timing.

Here's my slip from my last (and best) run today:

R/T .624
60' 1.990
330 5.508
Time 8.424
Mph 84.99

That's with 24 Lbs of boost, around 2 degrees of timing advance, 7.2 % fuel pull from the TT chip, 93 octane on street tires (Pep Boys futuras) and akly set at 5 on the knob. Hooking up is obviously a big issue, but it feels good and I think it has more to offer.

Great MPH on that run!
That should equate to around 13.3 @102 - 1/4 mile

So all you did changed was timing and boost?

Edit:
What were the 02's?
Post your mods. :cool:

Yes, boost increased, timing increased and fueling lowered. My 8.9 second runs my lowest O2s (ScanMaster) were 820. This last run my lowest was 775.

Mods:
009s
TA49
TT Street Chip 93 Octane
Alky Control Progressive Methanol
3" Lee Thompson downpipe, uppipe, headers and Xover.
Racegate
Translator Plus
TR Customer Parts Big Mouth Cold Air kit
K&N 4" X 9" air filter
LT1 MAF
Gutted/Ported intake.
60mm TrhottleBody
Eaton Posi
140 Amp Alternator
87 ECM
87 Ignition coils and module
Casper Ignition Hotwire Kit
Walbro 340 with Racetronic Hotwire kit.
Adjustable Fuel Pressue Regulator
Fuel Pressure Gauge.
Bilstein Shocks are the only suspension upgrade
Ramchargers Fans with Racetronic Harness
F Body Radiator
Rear Seat Brace
Under Hood Brace
Front Frame Brace
Front Connecting Brace
PTE Turbo Saver

Yes, boost increased, timing increased and fueling lowered. My 8.9 second runs my lowest O2s (ScanMaster) were 820. This last run my lowest was 775.

Mods:
009s
TA49
TT Street Chip 93 Octane
Alky Control Progressive Methanol
3" Lee Thompson downpipe, uppipe, headers and Xover.
Racegate
Translator Plus
TR Customer Parts Big Mouth Cold Air kit
K&N 4" X 9" air filter
LT1 MAF
Gutted/Ported intake.
60mm TrhottleBody
Eaton Posi
140 Amp Alternator
87 ECM
87 Ignition coils and module
Casper Ignition Hotwire Kit
Walbro 340 with Racetronic Hotwire kit.
Adjustable Fuel Pressue Regulator
Fuel Pressure Gauge.
Bilstein Shocks are the only suspension upgrade
Ramchargers Fans with Racetronic Harness
F Body Radiator
Rear Seat Brace
Under Hood Brace
Front Frame Brace
Front Connecting Brace
PTE Turbo Saver

Are you going to get the heads ported sometime down the road?

Mods continued:
Art Car Shift Kit
Huge Tranny Cooler (can't remember the Manufacturer right now).

Yep, Like to port the headers.

Santa Claus list:
Ported heads
Powerlogger and cheap laptop
Wideband O2 sensor
H&R Parts Rear Sway Bar
Box Control Arms
Slicks
Oil Cooler

Just have to work with what I have till the $$$ come along. Hopefully I'll have all the above by next spring.

Mods continued again
Pats LU 10” 2004R W/Anti-balloon Plates 3000 stall.
NGK UR5 Spark Plugs
Red Armstrong Plug Wires

BTW, found the tranny cooler, it's a "Tru-Cool Max Transmission Cooler"

Xmas List continued:
Ceramic Coat the Lee Thompson exhaust system

Great Times

Great MPH on that run!
That should equate to around 13.3 @102 - 1/4 mile

Correction considering he ran 84.99 mph in the 1/8 that should equate to 12.8-13.10 @ 103-105 in the 1/4 depending on traction. Considering that most descently tuned turbo buicks will gain 20+ mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4. Congrats you have a bonified 12 second hot air on pump gas. Last time I ran high 12's I was @ 84.65 mph in the 1/8 and 104.37 in the 1/4. That was with a 1.927 60ft.

Correction considering he ran 84.99 mph in the 1/8 that should equate to 12.8-13.10 @ 103-105 in the 1/4 depending on traction. Considering that most descently tuned turbo buicks will gain 20+ mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4. Congrats you have a bonified 12 second hot air on pump gas. Last time I ran high 12's I was @ 84.65 mph in the 1/8 and 104.37 in the 1/4. That was with a 1.927 60ft.

Excellent! Good to know! :biggrin:
My calculator must be off ............ :frown:

Thanks for the encouragement!

I've been thinking about the traction issue on the launch, unfortunately I wasn't able to build much boost at all without going sideways (which I did once and ran a 9.4 second at 83 MPH). The Turbo Tweak chip can be adjusted for first and second gear timing, I'm wondering if I retard the timing for 1st/2nd gear would my 60' times improve?

My next run may be next weekend. I'll see about working it up to 25 Lbs of boost. Fuel adjustments and boost seem to make the biggest difference. Increasing the timing didn't net me much extra.

Another Left out mod:
HR Parts Poly motor mounts

YO ERIC

you need to come by the house and get my slicks and use them next week. Since i blowed a head gasket today at the track:mad:

BTW congrats on the great runs. I think we'll get there with it tuning just takes some time.

I have some heads you could have ported :)

Thanks Pat, may take you up on both the offers. The only thing I'd be concerned about with throwing slicks on is wheel hop. As you know my rear end is pretty much stock with the exception of the shocks.

Congrats to you as well for running your personal best of 7.3 seconds in the 1/8th. You said you were going to break the car going into the day, so succeeded in both your goals;)

We didn't do too bad for 77 degree weather (although it felt 80).

Great job Eric, the stock rearend should be okay for a couple of passes. Do you have a posi in the set up? You say you were going sideways, was this from pushing when trying to build boost? You might need to upgrade the brakes or go to a trans brake set up. Not a fan of the transbrake thing in first, tired it twice this weekend and it was way too weird. I guess I'm just a foot braking type gal. LOL I guess if I can hold 15#'s against the foot brake without pushing through I'll take it.

Hi Jamie,
I upgraded the car to posi (Eaton) about a year and a half ago.

I went sideways on the launch, built up too much boost and when I let loose from the foot brake the rear end started swinging out, so I let up and nailed it once I straightened up.

What kind of brakes you have that can hold 15 pounds of boost?