Gettin' respect from the Mopar guys

Wells said:
I don't know what a stock '03 sporty does in the 1/4, but 2 plus years has left him enough time to quietly do/or have done some mods. Is it 100 % stock?

Does Chrome count as stock? :)

He's a regional sales manager for one of the BIG drug companies and has no idea what an ass whoopin' he would get.

His only frame of reference is "Motorcycles are faster than cars, therefore, MY motorcylce is faster than YOUR car". He get's this way after he's had a few beers in him.

UNGN said:
Does Chrome count as stock? :)
He's a regional sales manager for one of the BIG drug companies and has no idea what an ass whoopin' he would get.
His only frame of reference is "Motorcycles are faster than cars, therefore, MY motorcylce is faster than YOUR car". He get's this way after he's had a few beers in him.
-----------------------
Sorry, my age is showing. I can remember wher a sporty was the fastest thing around. Of course, I think that would go back into the early-mid '60's.
A sporty was the thing to have till the Kaw trip came out. I owned a Triumph, BSA, and a Norton, at different times, and nothing would touch a sporty. Now I think that they pretty much have their azz handed to them by anything faster than a mo-ped.

Wells said:
I don't know what a stock '03 sporty does in the 1/4, but 2 plus years has left him enough time to quietly do/or have done some mods. Is it 100 % stock?

I think a stock sporty only runs a mid 14 or close to that (they're pretty slow). Most guys put pipes and re-jet the carbs. You can port the heads, change the cams etc. and get a fairly quick bike. You rarely here the words Harley and fast used in the same sentence, but if you throw enough money at them you can get them to run pretty well. I sure would not be afraid to run a sporty even if it had a few mods.