Status
Not open for further replies.

BuickGN29

I recently purchased 1 x GBodyParts.com Front End Rebuild Kit: 1978-1987 G-Body

- Ball Joints: Both

- Upper A-Arm Offset Cross Shafts: Include Cross Shafts (pair) $479.70

United Parcel Service (1 x 7lbs) (Ground): $19.87

Total: $499.57

The front end rebuild kit was shipped via FED EX not UPS. I also had to call GBodyParts to get my tracking number as it wasn't sent via email. :confused:

Today I started working on my front end. I opened the box from GBodyParts
and noticed I had 4 upper ball joints and 0 lower ball joints.

Michelin Pilot exalto tires, Tirerack.com - YES
4 Bilstein gas shocks - Kirban - YES
1 Connecting front brace - Kirbans - YES
2 Front frame braces - Kirbans - YES
1 Front end rebuild kit - GBodyParts.com - NO (received four upper ball joints and zero lower ball joints)

The box was opened @ 3:30/6:30 pm pst/est on a Friday. So much for rebuilding my front end this weekend.

*edit* I placed a phone call to NAPA, parts purchased to finish the front end rebuild this weekend.

could have been a simple error. should have called him before posting bad feedback. how was the parts and packing other then not having lower ball joints? how fast was shipping? i would rather have my parts shipped FedEx over UPS any day.

Could be an honest mistake.Anyway get the lowers from car quest they sell moog parts.Napa will tell you they sell moog but I used napa for the last ten years and they can get moog but you will pay out the nose for it.If the ball joint does not say problem solver on it it is not Moog.Car Quest's premium line is moog.good luck

could have been a simple error. should have called him before posting bad feedback. how was the parts and packing other then not having lower ball joints? how fast was shipping? i would rather have my parts shipped FedEx over UPS any day.

x2 Jumped the gun just a little.

It's my daily driver - I just spent $1,300.00 bones on parts mentioned above. Today was my day off, I discovered the missing parts @ 3:30 pm pst. Do the math for est on a friday.

I placed 3 phone calls to Gbody to receive my tracking number - It's 2009, include the tracking number in an email w/ the CORRECT shipper.

I work tomorrow (Sat -21st) Did tirerack & crew ship the CORRECT tires? Did Dennis Kirban & crew ship the CORRECT parts?

I sent GBody, $499.57 - I'm missing my lowers and have 2 extra uppers.

This portion of the board is available for feedback - I saw negative feedback posts for GBodyParts before I placed this order, It was my choice to trust them on my FIRST order. Would you ship your items in dollar general bags?

Time is gold to me - Did I want to purchase parts from NAPA/rush to NAPA @ 5:30 pm as they closed @ 6:00 pm? For $499.57 should I have HAD to rush to NAPA?

Honest mistake? Well, they won't get a chance to make a SECOND honest mistake as I'll now take my business elsewhere.

Simple error?

You have your opinions, wallets, and schedules as I have mine.

Take Care.

I had the same issue with UPS/FX with them. Brian said they no longer use UPS, yet it is still an option on their website. I even paid extra to have it sent UPS as Fed Ex sucks around here. (It was only a few $ extra if I remember right, so it wasn't a huge deal to not get a refund.)

I had the same issue with UPS/FX with them. Brian said they no longer use UPS, yet it is still an option on their website. I even paid extra to have it sent UPS as Fed Ex sucks around here. (It was only a few $ extra if I remember right, so it wasn't a huge deal to not get a refund.)
The choice of carriers is slight in my book. As an ex UPS employee, I try to avoid using 'brown' when possible.

The FedEx vs UPS topic wouldn't of came up, IF I received the parts I ordered.

The choice of carriers is slight in my book. As an ex UPS employee, I try to avoid using 'brown' when possible.

The FedEx vs UPS topic wouldn't of came up, IF I received the parts I ordered.

I read this post yesterday then called our supplier. I was told "hey we screw up some times & you really need to double check us before you ship out the parts".
I thanked them for the heads up after buying their products for years. No excuse just what we were told.

Reality wise Fed ex - Ups Costs are pretty much the same. Some cheaper to some areas with fed ex & others UPS.

All tracking #'s are automatically generated via fed ex to the e-mail supplied. Yes we still get 20 calls a day looking for tracking #'s that went to their spam mail.

Sorry we closed at 6 pm on a Friday. Seems Napa does the same thing.

My apologies that there was a screw up from our supplier. If you don't choose to use us in the future that is no problem.
I looked on the site for pics & didn't see Dollar general packing. Sorry for the other error.

"I thanked them for the heads up after buying their products for years. No excuse just what we were told."

You lost me, are you saying your supplier looked at my order and then put the parts that I ordered in a box and then shipped that box off to my physical addy? I'm unaware how you and your supplier work, my mistake?

Once again, as for the shipping company I don't care who you use. Your web site says UPS, but then the parts(wrong # of parts) arrived via Fed Ex. No biggie -IF the correct parts and correct number of parts ordered arrived in a timely manner.

I checked my two different spam mail accounts before I called your phone lines and as I saw this post I again went and checked the spam catchers. I have nothing from Fed Ex.

What about one upper ball joint that was painted and one upper that wasn't painted? Different parts, bottom of different stock?

Would this also fall under your suppliers?

Another problem I found, perhaps this is minor, but I'm sure you would want matching colors on your Regal.

I received two different colored tierod dust boots - one is blue and one is black. I can post photos of said boots if you would like.

Quality control in house or supplier?

"I looked on the site for pics & didn't see Dollar general packing."

^Again, you lost me.

As for NAPA closing @ 6:00 pm on a Friday. I drove several blocks after I placed a phone call to NAPA to make sure they had lowers in stock.

Soon I walked out the front door of that particular NAPA w/ my two lowers in hand.

You also shut your doors @ 6:00 on Fri. I ordered the lowers from you in the first place. Should I have called you from Cali? Would you have had my lowers in my garage as I was in the act of rebuilding my front end?

Next Day Air? Same day air? Eastern time vs Pacific Standard - Not catching your closing @ 6 comment.

Didn't mean to lose you so many times. I don't want to post tracking#'s etc but how long did you have the parts before you opened the package??? Once again I'm stating this is our fault for not inspecting our supplier. We shouldn't have to after 100's of orders but being honest that was the reason I was given. We received the delivery at the same time we shiped. Merely putting a label on a package received & receipt, Then re-shipping back out at the end of the day while Fe was here.

We closed at 6 the day you opened the package & yes we would have been closed. If you would have called & stated hey We have a problem of course we would have made it right. We always have done this.

Yes 2 different ball joints or tie rod ends etc... would have fallen under our supplier. Normal circumstances would have given us time to inspect. That perticular day we didn't. Just being honest with you.

Just to clarify so you understand. We order parts all over the country for years. They ship to us. We re-ship back out. BTW before you ask this is a common practice. We spend a alot of $ to get discounts to pass onto the customer instead of buying direct. I'm still at this point not making excuses but explaining what happend. If i knew it would have been a while before you installed I would have taken time to inspect. Purchasing from this company for years I didn't feel it would have been a problem but it was.

If napa prices were so great I feel the front end rebuild would have been purchased thru them but it wasn't. Like I stated a few times. Our apologies Fed ex- UPS etc make big time $ & all we do is input your e-mail into their shipping e-mail. Not sure what else you want but that is how it happens.

Normally when we receive package we have time to inspect. this time we didn't & we we shipped asap to get the parts out. The other rebuild kits we received we only received 1 that had a problem with an un painted tie rod. We do not manufacture these in house but do the best we can to get the correct parts out.

I'm going to say I had the box close to just under two weeks before I opened it and looked at it's content. I've been working as much overtime as I can and had a death in the family. I wasn't home when the box arrived at my front door and I live in a DR zone(driver release) the driver can drop the parcel @ the addy without a sig and continue on his route. G/F then put the box in the garage as I wouldn't be home for 3 more days (working out of town)

When I arrived home I took a quick scan of all the boxes I had ordered from three companies. G/F had put them in the same area in the garage. I only opened one of Kirbans boxes and checked the packing slip on the other box. Honestly I don't know If I even looked at the packing slip on your box. I do know that I didn't open it until I started installing

Could of - should of.. lesson learned

4 tires -tire rack
2 seperate boxes from Kirbans - shipped on different days
1 box from GBody

Shipping speed was never an issue/problem from the 3 above listed vendors.

Yes, I should of opened the boxes asap, I didn't. Family members from out of town/funeral arrangments + working out of town, took main focus.

Thanks for the apologies and the explanation on your supplier.

Sounds like bad luck to me. An easy error anyone could make. As far as the shipper who cares as long as the parts arrived in a timely matter and were shipped on the correct date. Ive had plenty repairs halted because of wrong parts, wrong packaging, and new bad parts. It goes along with anything that is being worked on. You could go 6 months ordering parts and not have a problem then the next 3 things you order could be a fvck up. I recently had a repair shop replace the 2 front ball joints in my daily driver ( it actually failed in front of their shop and they towed me out of the road). They initially told me $330 total. It would up being a little more that that. The shop owner updated me 3 x that day since twice they received the wrong ball joints:eek:. They eventually drove 20 miles to get the correct ones. Anytime you work on anything you may get a can of worms.

Sounds like bad luck to me. An easy error anyone could make. As far as the shipper who cares as long as the parts arrived in a timely matter and were shipped on the correct date. Ive had plenty repairs halted because of wrong parts, wrong packaging, and new bad parts. It goes along with anything that is being worked on. You could go 6 months ordering parts and not have a problem then the next 3 things you order could be a fvck up. I recently had a repair shop replace the 2 front ball joints in my daily driver ( it actually failed in front of their shop and they towed me out of the road). They initially told me $330 total. It would up being a little more that that. The shop owner updated me 3 x that day since twice they received the wrong ball joints:eek:. They eventually drove 20 miles to get the correct ones. Anytime you work on anything you may get a can of worms.
HOLY CRAP!! 330 bucks!!! did it come with complete lower a-arms???
If not you got bent over! :)

Labor in a regular garage that you broke down in front of? Doesn't sound to bad to me, that you got out that cheap;)

The first mistake was waiting 2 weeks to open the box. I understand your situation totally, but Murphys law doesn't. I've made that mistake time and time again. I'm sure Brian would have got the right parts out to you in time for your rebuild day you just had if he had even a week to do it. It is understandable your frustration, but to put things in perspective, Summit Racing has sent me the wrong parts before also, of course by mistake.

Glad you got it worked out.

Thanks for the input. Next time you walk in my shoes feel free to comment on what I should.

"Sounds like bad luck to me. An easy error anyone could make."

Easy error?

4 uppers included - asked for 2

Missing 2 lowers

1 blue dust boot

1 black dustboot

1 painted ball joint

1 NON painted ball joint

Yep, looks like an easy error anyone could make..if this "anyone" suffers from downs, perhaps.

This "easy error" might be acceptable to you, but as an owner of a business, it's not acceptable to me.

Bottom line - Your opinion and stance means nothing to me.

"IF YOU ARE NOT THE BUYER, THE SELLER, or directly involved in the sale, DO NOT POST IN A THREAD THAT IS NOT YOURS! Posts from people outside a purchase are not welcome, and can be deleted."

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/fe...k-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting.html

Thanks for the input. Next time you walk in my shoes feel free to comment on what I should.

"Sounds like bad luck to me. An easy error anyone could make."

Easy error?

4 uppers included - asked for 2

Missing 2 lowers

1 blue dust boot

1 black dustboot

1 painted ball joint

1 NON painted ball joint

Yep, looks like an easy error anyone could make..if this "anyone" suffers from downs, perhaps.

This "easy error" might be acceptable to you, but as an owner of a business, it's not acceptable to me.

Bottom line - Your opinion and stance means nothing to me.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/fe...k-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting.html
You also made an easy error, you let the box sit for 2 weeks without checking it's contents.
crazy.gif

"IF YOU ARE NOT THE BUYER, THE SELLER, or directly involved in the sale, DO NOT POST IN A THREAD THAT IS NOT YOURS! Posts from people outside a purchase are not welcome, and can be deleted."
FO

HOLY CRAP!! 330 bucks!!! did it come with complete lower a-arms???
If not you got bent over! :)

Nope. Needed the axle on that side too. That included them picking my car up in the street with the wrecker. If i had done them myself before it broke id be out about $85.

Status
Not open for further replies.