Gbodyparts Dual fans

rogerv6

What modifications do the Gbodyparts fans require? It looks like the mounting locations for the shroud is not in the same place as stock (I could be wrong though).Any pics after install are Appreciated

Thanks
Roger

Could someone let me know how they installed theirs. Don't want to cut something I might need later

You will have to cut the ears off in most cases for proper fit. A trip to hardware store for brackets. Once fan is lined up wont be hard to figure
it out.

I did this the same time I installed an F-Body radiator. Trim the brackets off so that the sides are smooth. You should be able to simply slide the fans between the end tanks of the radiator. Fabricate some brackets by taking a piece of metal and bending it into a shape similar to what is below:

Then drill some small holes in the fan and the bottom and top of the radiator, obviously stay away from the fins and care. Once that's done, just bolt them in place. I would post some pics, but I am not at home.

cut the ears off the sides (have to take a little more off the sides for fbody rad)

grind some material off the fan support arm that will be over by the powersteering box ,
if you wanted you could put some slit peices of 1/4" vac tubing over the edges (top and bottom ) where it would press up against the rad fins

push fan in between end tanks and then push it down into rad support, if you didnt grind the arm it usually wont clear steering box to allow the fan to go down into the rad support

now take the metal bracket that came off the bottom of the OE fan, flip it upside down and then flip it around so the tabs are pointing up and bracket leans in , put those holes in the bracket under the studs for the AC line clamps (with the solid end of bracket resting on the fan housing) and then reinstall the studs and the a/c line clamps

no need to drill the fan or anything else , the bracket will hold the fan just fine

Pacecarta is correct.. dont forget to grind the edges for the power steering pump. You will have to set the fans in place then you will see exactly where you need to grind. Its kinda hard to explain what this means untill you try and put the fans in yourself. Dont get intimidated by these modifications. These fans are the bomb. I can sit in traffic down here in south Louisana in August when its 100 degrees out with the A/C on and my temps wont go above 190.:)

Just have to grind the ears off over by the power steering pump, and fit it in flush against the radiator. Then strap her down with some heavey duty zip ties, or whatever you thinks works best, and they fit perfect.

Does the GBODY kit with the Casper relays include the switch to place the fans in Hi/Low/Ecm mode?

Thanks all, I am looking to do this for my car as well. On warm days post getting my car, I was running at 210, and I do not like that...

Mike

pacecarta posting from hubers PC

no the hi/low is seperate and the casper dual fan harness will not support the hi/lo manual switch because both of the new fan relays are driven off the low speed circuit

the rtx harness uses both hi and low relays to switch the high and low relays on thier harness and it will support the manual hi/low switch.

pacecarta posting from hubers PC

no the hi/low is seperate and the casper dual fan harness will not support the hi/lo manual switch because both of the new fan relays are driven off the low speed circuit

the rtx harness uses both hi and low relays to switch the high and low relays on thier harness and it will support the manual hi/low switch.

Caspers sells a wiring kit for that fan setup with the Hi/Low/Ecm control, and it would be a better deal to just get the fan then from Gbody and the relays from Caspers...

Looks like the route I will be taking...

Mike

I would do a search on this board before buying those fans. See what others are saying about them.

Thank you all for the input. Project is almost ready and I have photos of all the steps of the istallation I do some aluminum parts when I finish publishes all the photos to anyone who can make this new installation mind

Thanks
Roger

I would do a search on this board before buying those fans. See what others are saying about them.

I am a little concened about exactly that... With respect to what looks like to a 1 year expectation of the motprs. I have been recommended another fan setup, but can't think of the exact brand, but supposed to be a much more reliable combination. I am still in the research mode as well. I definately need to spend money as wisely as possible, LOL... You all know what I mean...

Mike

Have had the RamCharger Dual Fans on my GN for over a year now on my daily driver and over 10,000km's later they still work great!..also have the caspers relays...bought everything from GBody......we left the original bottom support on the bottom, just had to cut a couple of pieces of aluminum stock to attach with bolts and nut clips.....my car now has never gone over 170degrees with these things....even in the summer in bumper to bumper traffic......
As the fans are up tight against the rad....we didn't want to damage any fins from vibration, movement etc....so we installed some extra weatherstripping we had from an old trunk w'strip......just snaps onto the lip around the fan perimter and acts as a cushion against rad and also helps to seal up any gap between the rad and fans ensuring all the air pulled thru is coming directly thru the rad and not pulling in air from engine compartment thru the gaps.

I can't think of anything bad to say about these......I'd highly recommend them to anyone considering a dual fan install. They are not a bolt on, but aren't too difficult and only requires a minimal amount of fabrication.

Dave

davpar,

Thanks for the input. I am looking to possibly go this route to save a few dollars. But to buy fro Gbody with the relays (without the switching capability) seems useless. Very high chances to deal with seperate vendors to acheive this combo as desired......

Mike

I am a little concened about exactly that... With respect to what looks like to a 1 year expectation of the motprs. I have been recommended another fan setup, but can't think of the exact brand, but supposed to be a much more reliable combination. I am still in the research mode as well. I definately need to spend money as wisely as possible, LOL... You all know what I mean...

Mike

Spal?

Yes, that is the brand. I am looking at them right now. I guess the good thing about the Gbody fans is the relay/control systems available for them at a reasonable cost, and set up for our cars already. If they work, then it may be a good decision to still go that route.

I see that Caspers has a harness for the Spal fans, but it works off the low speed control. Is that becouse that is all they need? I would like the ability to manually over-ride and have the fans on when the car is off to cool even more.

Do you know if the controls that Caspers sells will adapt easily to a Spal system?

Thanks Rick...

Mike

Yes, that is the brand. I am looking at them right now. I guess the good thing about the Gbody fans is the relay/control systems available for them at a reasonable cost, and set up for our cars already. If they work, then it may be a good decision to still go that route.

I see that Caspers has a harness for the Spal fans, but it works off the low speed control. Is that becouse that is all they need? I would like the ability to manually over-ride and have the fans on when the car is off to cool even more.

Do you know if the controls that Caspers sells will adapt easily to a Spal system?

Thanks Rick...

Mike
Can't help you there, Mike. I was one of the early adopters of the GBody fans (although I didn't buy mine there) and I use the Racetronix harness. I'm sure someone here is using the Spal fans and can help you. Or just call Caspers and John can fix you up I'm sure. Someone recently posted that you can also go to the junk yard and pull your own fan off an Intrepid. Apparently the Dodge factory fans have a long life span.