Gbody S-10 rear brake upgrade

Turbo Negro

Lookin' for 10's
This kit works! I recently installed the entire kit including lines from gbody parts as well as a used pair of alum. drums, & I am amazed at the performance. My initial impression after bleeding was that the pedal actually felt softer than it did previously. Didn't notice much of a difference at all in braking on the street.

At the track, on the starting line was another story! I actually had a hard time controlling my launch because the boost built so easily on the foot brake. First pass of the night I left with full boost! Of course it didn't hook, but boy was I surprised when I looked at the log.

This is a relatively inexpensive brake upgrade and does what it's supposed to.

I believe the kit has all 4 long shoes, braided hoses and the wheel cylinders.

Bryan

This kit works! I recently installed the entire kit including lines from gbody parts as well as a used pair of alum. drums, & I am amazed at the performance. My initial impression after bleeding was that the pedal actually felt softer than it did previously. Didn't notice much of a difference at all in braking on the street.

At the track, on the starting line was another story! I actually had a hard time controlling my launch because the boost built so easily on the foot brake. First pass of the night I left with full boost! Of course it didn't hook, but boy was I surprised when I looked at the log.

This is a relatively inexpensive brake upgrade and does what it's supposed to.

The pedal feeling softer is the shoes not lining up correctly to the drum. As the shoes break-in they will fit themselves to the contour of the drum and the soft pedal will go away.

Bryan

The kit has a new proportioning valve, lines, shoes, & wheel cylinders.

I thought the pedal feeling softer may have been due to the larger pistons in the wheel cylinders? If it firms up as the shoes wear in that would be great.