Gas Tank Install - some pics

Unfortunately, I guess I "fixed" something that didn't have a problem. Max fuel pressure I got today when I got on it was 62 lbs at 22 lbs of boost with base pressure set at 45. Should have been closer to 67! RATS:mad:

Go up front and start looking for issues at the FPR and the hose to it :redface:

At least it cant be the tank or pump :D

Go up front and start looking for issues at the FPR and the hose to it :redface:

At least it cant be the tank or pump :D

New fuel filter, billet adjustable fuel regulator from Kirban last fall. Hoses at front are good. Will double check the vacuum hose to the regulator. Still getting that same BLM spike up to around high 140's when I first get on it. Everything stablizes shortly after that and not getting any knock. Holding a steady 22 lbs of boost and 62 lbs of fuel pressure measured with the powerlogger. (Hood gauge reads slightly lower, verified the powerlogger reading is correct using another gauge hooked to the fuel log.)

Sure sucks doing all that work with the results the same but sure looks purty!:smile: Will do some more checking this afternoon. The pump was a Racetronix 340 btw with their hot wire kit. Running a TT 6.0 chip and 60lb injectors. Voltage on the scanmaster was around 13v.

Yeah, new doesn't necessarily mean it is good.:rolleyes: What other brands are recommended? Accufab?????

I run Accufab with no issues. What is your idle FP? Are you measuring it line on or line off?

Say 42 line off it 36 line on.

42+22=64

36+22=58

That can be your discrepancy right there.

My money is on what I said a few days ago...:redface:

I not a fan of putting the relay for the fuel pump in the back but that's my opinion on that.

You should already have it done, but did you cut off the necked portion on the fuel line (where the pulsator used to go)?

Get those grounds off the body and move them to the frame or run a ground wire directly to that bolt.
104280d1278265176-gas-tank-install-some-pics-gastank-014.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I just cut off the tip of the feed tube where the restriction is. Racetronix kit has the relay at the back of the car, seems fine to me and was easy to install. Not showing is another ground strap going from the corner of the tank directly to the frame.:smile:

Mark, what is the hump to the right of the gas tank and what is the line coming out of it?

Thanks,
Don

104277d1278265053-gas-tank-install-some-pics-gastank-011.jpg

That's the spare tire well! I have Metco spare tire well fuel cell mounted there for Alky and that is the line feeding the alky pump.:biggrin:

That's the spare tire well! I have Metco spare tire well fuel cell mounted there for Alky and that is the line feeding the alky pump.:biggrin:

Haha thanks, I guess I haven't been in the trunk much. I plan on running Alky in the future, looks like a pretty cool setup.

I not a fan of putting the relay for the fuel pump in the back but that's my opinion on that.

You should already have it done, but did you cut off the necked portion on the fuel line (where the pulsator used to go)?

Get those grounds off the body and move them to the frame or run a ground wire directly to that bolt.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The relay and connectors are weatherproof. The grounds are fine the way they are in this pic. If you have body ground issues fix them but don't try to sidestep the problem by avoiding the body.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
What necked down portion and what pulsator my tank is rusty and someone put gas tank repair on it so im gonna be doin this soon along with my double pumper install...

Unfortunately, I guess I "fixed" something that didn't have a problem. Max fuel pressure I got today when I got on it was 62 lbs at 22 lbs of boost with base pressure set at 45. Should have been closer to 67! RATS:mad:
Isn't 62 what it should be? Base is 45 vac OFF, no? So vac on is around 40. 40+22=62. You are good.

Nope

Isn't 62 what it should be? Base is 45 vac OFF, no? So vac on is around 40. 40+22=62. You are good.

No, you need to add the boost to the base setting witout the vacuum applied.
45 + 22 = 67.

No, you need to add the boost to the base setting witout the vacuum applied.
45 + 22 = 67.

I thought fuel pressure is supposed to rise 1:1 with boost. If the pressure is 40 lbs when the car is running and not in boost (because now the vac is ON, 45 is vac OFF) and you add 22 lbs of boost, that should bring it up to 62, no?

I thought fuel pressure is supposed to rise 1:1 with boost. If the pressure is 40 lbs when the car is running and not in boost (because now the vac is ON, 45 is vac OFF) and you add 22 lbs of boost, that should bring it up to 62, no?

Am I wrong???:confused:

I think your chassis is cleaner than most people's exterior, mine included. Car looks great!