Gas Tank Install - some pics

Read steps # 1 & 2 -

Fuel System Check Up

This is what I always followed.

Well, I am totally confused now!! I always thought that fuel pressure is supposed to rise 1 pound for every pound of boost. Is it not true that you have less pressure when you have the vac line hooked up than you have with the vac line off to set the static pressure??? Mark, what is your pressure with the vac line attached and car running at idle? PLEASE, someone tell me where I am going wrong here. My head hurts:mad:

Well, I am totally confused now!! I always thought that fuel pressure is supposed to rise 1 pound for every pound of boost. Is it not true that you have less pressure when you have the vac line hooked up than you have with the vac line off to set the static pressure??? Mark, what is your pressure with the vac line attached and car running at idle? PLEASE, someone tell me where I am going wrong here. My head hurts:mad:

Fuel pressure under boost should equal boost pressure plus the fuel pressure with the vacuum line off.

Another way to look at it, boost pressure is measured based on the barometric pressure. Which is how the FPR is set, vacuum line off, is with barometric pressure.

So with 45 psi of FP vacuum line off, and 22 psi of boost, the FP should be 45 + 22 = 67 psi.

HTHs,

RemoveBeforeFlight

Mark, when remounting the gas tank, did you use the original straps? Mine is being a real PITA, if the straps were 1 inch longer I would be golden. Thinkin maybe a sledge hammer might help right about now. :D

Fuel pressure regulator

I had the same problem with Kirbans regulator! Go with the accufab! Try this too the Walbro pumps like voltage run a 4 guage wire from the batt to alternator I suggest Caspers postive cable extender John will make you the 4 guage wire from junction box to alt works great:biggrin: