Gas on the power plate

TurboSpeed

I took my plenum off and there is gas on my rjc power plate. I think its alot since the injectors are below the plate, i still have the egr hooked up and it was alittle rich at idle ,could a bad egr cause this? Any thoughts would help thanks.

Well, backing off throttle after boost can back up the fuel in the intake a tad, but I wouldn't think enough to pool on the plate.

Might have leaky injectors.

ya im sure of it, it puddling up on the plate and you can see it pretty clear.

Post a pic. Does it taste like gasoline?:biggrin:

Mine always had a thin coat of oil on it. leaking rings over time will saturate the oil with fuel....makes oil smell a lot like gasoline.

the motor is a week old fresh, never been in the boost yet, had some issues on some rod noise, i think its my rod side clearence being to wide, but anyways i was tearing it down and notice the gas on the power plate. i would think if the injec. was leaking it would flood the motor. what would happen if the egr is bad?

More than likely oil from pcv. It does smell just like gas but gas would have evaporated. ;)

if your egr was failing the idle would be all messed up, and check engine lights.

Oil on the plate will look and smell VERY much like gas. As stated earlier, gasoline would have evaporated by the time you got the plenum removed.

I see a little bit of smoke on some start up, and it will damn near choke you up if it is idling, it just smells super rich.

Ruptured diaphram on fuel regulator pushing fuel up through vacuum line for richness. Bleeding off after shutdown?

it ran very smoothly, the fuel pressure was at 38 line on, never did stumble or anything,im almost certain that its fuel. so if the regulator diaphram is bad it will suck up some fuel. now that makes sense. I need to take the regulator apart and inspect the diaphram. thanks for the help.