garland/dallas area... need machine shop

TType84

cookin with propane
car has been sitting for awhile.. was driving and not paying attention to the oil pressure gauge... apparently oil return line popped out of the intake and puked 90% of the oil out of the motor... i had alternate transportation and havent even really looked at it.

i can yank the motor and tear it down, but i need someone to check out the block and crank and what not.. see what all needs tending, etc..

not sure who to take it to, been out of the scene for a little bit.

any ideas guys?

Hey Nick

I used Wayne Calvert up in Denton when I lived in Dallas and I thought he did good work.

im sure there are others people use but I had good luck with him.

Any reputeable shop can check it out for you. I prefer Arlington machine in Arlington on main street or Performance motors on Coin street in Burleson.

Greg Kring
Arlington, tx

jay, greg, thanks for the suggestions. i will give em a call on monday!

Your right there in Garland, go to Jack Laswell in Rowlett, used to be International Motor Cars, he now only does performance cars such as ours and is now called J.L. Performance. He's at 5010 Gordon Smith Rd. Rowlett, TX 75088 972-412-7280
He is highly recommended and supports our local Buick club. His garages are full of GNs everytime I've been there. I don't know of anyone else in the DFW area that is as familar with LC2s as him beside Billy Duke but he's on the other side of town from you.

Your right there in Garland, go to Jack Laswell in Rowlett, used to be International Motor Cars, he now only does performance cars such as ours and is now called J.L. Performance. He's at 5010 Gordon Smith Rd. Rowlett, TX 75088 972-412-7280
He is highly recommended and supports our local Buick club. His garages are full of GNs everytime I've been there. I don't know of anyone else in the DFW area that is as familar with LC2s as him beside Billy Duke but he's on the other side of town from you.

Either of those guys can look at the motor pieces for you, but you will still need a machine shop to check it out. These guys would be more than happy to handle it for you, but you would just be paying them to transport a motor around for you. Now if you are going to have someone besides yourself repair and assemble the motor then either of these guys are a great choice. All depends on your confidence level of assembling a motor.

yeah... i know about jack but i wasnt sure if he was still in the biz... last i had heard his wife wasnt happy about him working on "those damn buicks" so i wasnt sure if he had gone back to german imports and what not..

the only thing i havent messed with is the bottom end on these motors so assembly... yeah... i'd rather leave that up to the professionals.

thanks again for your input guys, greatly appreciated!