G8 not dieing

So when will they put a Buick TriShield on it? Then I will buy one.

the G8 is currently out selling it's competitors- it would be stupid for GM to get rid of a car that is doing that unless they are losing money on each car they sell.

It doesn't say they'll be selling it in the US tho. The car in the pics has Dubai license plates.

I'd like to see it as a Buick, too.

Jim

I'm sure it will live on as a Caprice. I'm also just as sure the Caprice will never see the light of day on U.S. soil.

There are many products to be rebadged as Chevy stayed tuned.
I work in the industry.

Since the Caprice is for "non domestic" sales only, does that mean they're bringing it domestic?

GM knows it have a winner with the G8. It's the perfect cop car and a great larger car for people that need the room but don't want to climb into a SUV. I can see it reincarnated with the direct injection 300hp v6 too.

I was just in Dubai, UAE and I seen the Impala badged as a Caprice.
I rode in one (private taxi) and it was very nice and comfy.

Also seen other GM cars that I've never heard.

There's an article in the Wall Street Journal about this today. It doesn't say anything that hasn't already been 'leaked' on the web, but I did misunderstand one thing. By "import", they mean import from Australia to the U.S. It looks like the Caprice may indeed be sold again in the U.S.. They're eyeing fleet sales for it, too (police cars, taxis) to compete with Chrysler and Ford once again in the RWD segment.

I was wondering how the Vette was going to fare in this new tax payer owned GM??

Sorry to disappoint, but told ya so.

today from Lutz taken from autoblog.com:

"The G8 will not be a Caprice after all. I'd mentioned it, and said we were studying it, giving it a serious look, because a car like the G8 was just too good to waste.

"That's all still true. But I have to say that, with my new "marketing" hat on, upon further review and careful study, we simply cannot make a business case for such a program. Not in today's market, in this economy, and with fuel regulations what they are and will be."

I've also heard the Z28 is going away. (not verified yet).