g-body parts wtf!!!!!

I hate seeing posts like this. For 2 reasons.
1, We have so few places to get parts for these cars now as it is. Nobody is getting into selling parts for these cars to make a profit, thats for sure. I used to buy stuff from other vendors way back in the day that don't exist anymore, and its a shame.
2. But I hate to see businesses failing at basic, fundamental rules of doing business. Yeah, the parts are scarce, the prices aren't cheap, and sometimes you have to wait for stuff. But being in retail for 13 years, the one thing I know you have complete control over (or should have) is customer service.

I haven't really dealt with Brian, or bought much from him, just talked to him a few times and exchanged emails about things. He is a pretty stand up guy. But hes got to take back control over things, because nothing else matters when customer service sucks. I should know, I work for a company thats in the same boat. 80% of the employees really don't give a crap about service, and have poor skills dealing with customers. They just don't care. Its all about a paycheck and watching the time clock. It will be a miracle if we are still around a year from now. I just hope Brian steps up and makes the changes needed to keep things going.

I hate seeing posts like this. For 2 reasons.
1, We have so few places to get parts for these cars now as it is. Nobody is getting into selling parts for these cars to make a profit, thats for sure. I used to buy stuff from other vendors way back in the day that don't exist anymore, and its a shame.
2. But I hate to see businesses failing at basic, fundamental rules of doing business. Yeah, the parts are scarce, the prices aren't cheap, and sometimes you have to wait for stuff. But being in retail for 13 years, the one thing I know you have complete control over (or should have) is customer service.

I haven't really dealt with Brian, or bought much from him, just talked to him a few times and exchanged emails about things. He is a pretty stand up guy. But hes got to take back control over things, because nothing else matters when customer service sucks. I should know, I work for a company thats in the same boat. 80% of the employees really don't give a crap about service, and have poor skills dealing with customers. They just don't care. Its all about a paycheck and watching the time clock. It will be a miracle if we are still around a year from now. I just hope Brian steps up and makes the changes needed to keep things going.

Most of these places dont exsist anymore because of poor business practices and poor customer service.

I would rather places not be in business if this is their way of running things.Not pointing my fingers at anyone here.

Gbodyparts does not exist as far as i'm concerned! ...Neither do Kanye West albums!

You know, I would hope if your family ever goes through what Brian Weaver has been through the last couple of years someone gives you a break. His family went through cancer again with his wife only to watch her die about 4 months ago...

He is one man, with one or two at the max people helping him. He is trying to raise 2 children on his on and deal with the loss of his wife and try to keep the business going.

G Body has had it share of problems recently, that is obvious. Just please take a moment and think about the cause of the problem before trying to kill what is left of a mans business... I can assure you Brian isn't out to screw his customers. He has been doing this to long to loose business now...

For every 1 complaint there is 20 happy customers.

I am sorry to say these things this way. I am not directing it at anyone in particular.

Just give it a break, enough smack talking, I think people get the point...

Walk a mile in another man's shoes sometimes!

You know whats funny? I dont see Brian on here calling out all the people that stuck it to him over the years. He has well over 100K that people still owe him for parts over the years. Trust me Brian is not the type of guy to screw people out of money for his own benefit.

Another fact for you guys, do you know how much stuff he is reproducing or making for these cars? And its not made in CHINA either.

And +1 on SGRIM

i agree that it must be hard with what has gone on in brians life and i do sympathize. but, if the guy you have running your buisness has poor customer service it will reflect. everytime i have talked to brian i have got A++++++ service. i still think g-body is a awesome company that goes above and beyond for the community but i had to put a eye-opener out there and hopefully it will help some people

Jason I'll get ahold of you today. Been going thru here cleaning things back up.

Gary if there is one guy I would like to slam in public you are it. Only person I know who hasn't a clue & blames the suppliers. I drove my family up to that wreck you bought & tried to straighten that mess out. Took away vacation holiday time to do that. Car was wrecked came from Fl. I know I saw it had my seat covers in it. Want to re-hash this again we can. Then seeing you post we have green headliners etc...
If you ever want to discuss this in person let me know.

Dave try $125K plus. I have no idea why she saved that folder full of IOU's. They didn't have the $ when I sent it & they never will.

Shane thanks as always. I think you pretty much summed it up. Except we were moving 125 cars & a shop 45 miles away during Kasci's passing.

I'm trying to get things better then they use to be. That is the only reason we moved again. Hard going from 96K sq ft to 10K just didn't work. Being in a dealership is alot nicer.

Any one else has a problem e-mail me direct please. If you e-mailed me the first few months my head wasn't into the business. I was taking care of my kids first. It is now. Bweavy@aol.com

once again this guy is as stand up as you can get, just wasn't in him at the moment, and i can appreciate it. after talking to brian breifly (sorry buddy) i feel better about the situation. and i will still buy from brian just not eric. Brian buddy just remember the guys that can stand up after a beating are the guys that will always be there, it's because your heart is in it, because trust me it's not about getting rich , sometimes i wonder what the hell i am doing at the end of the day (it would be less stress punching a clock) either way brother i hope you get everything sorted out

Jason I'll get ahold of you today. Been going thru here cleaning things back up.

Gary if there is one guy I would like to slam in public you are it. Only person I know who hasn't a clue & blames the suppliers. I drove my family up to that wreck you bought & tried to straighten that mess out. Took away vacation holiday time to do that. Car was wrecked came from Fl. I know I saw it had my seat covers in it. Want to re-hash this again we can. Then seeing you post we have green headliners etc...
If you ever want to discuss this in person let me know.

Sure, I don't mind rehashing it. I am a little scared after reading your last sentence. I want return the threat though. I'll say this, if we meet, we meet. And whatever happens, happens. I've been in to Buicks since the beginning. More than a dozen GN's and T-types. I believe I have dealt with every vendor known. Never once did I complain until I dealt with you. Now, I don't own that car and never did. Not surprised you don't have your facts straight though, that's never bothered you before. Anyway, here is the main thing. Your intercooler pipe not only didn't fit the Fl. "Wrecked" car, it didn't fit an unwrecked GN that was brought over to the house by a friend to try and figure out what was wrong. We added 2" to the pipe to make it fit. Without going on forever I'll just ask you to explain this for me. And if you can, I promise I will be big enough to apologize publicly to you. Here is my question regarding the DP.

If the down pipe didn't fit because the car was wrecked as you say, then tell me how SouthEast Turbo, without ever seeing the car, managed to send us a DP that dropped in without any problems whatsoever. How did they make bends and twists that worked around all the "wrecked" parts that your DP didn't. I want to apologize so just tell me how they did it. There are others on this forum who had the same problem if anyone wants to search around. I wasn't there when you showed up but was told you had one to many. Also I guess you forgot to say the guy that was there gave you $50 for your worthless, anebreated opinion. Make that, excuse (I can't spell worth a hoot). By the way what is the real story about the guys car from out of the area you were supposed to work on that when he showed up at your place in Baltimore he says you had started stripping his car for parts. Just curious about that. Did it actually happen?
Now, to that idiot who brought up your recent personal tradgedy. I had no intention to respond to that. But now I will. This forum is no place for that. What a stupid, stupid idiot he is. I want to say this to you. And I am perfectly capable of seperating personal tradgedy from a business arrangement. I guess everyone on this forum has lost someone. I've lost both parents and 3 recent loved ones. That is so so hard. No matter what I say about your buisness practices, as I perceive them, I am truly sorry that you suffered such a loss. My condolences are sincere. I'm sorry.
Lastly, I'm done with this thread. I won't read any replies anymore. BUT! If you have an answer to my question would you please send the answer by way of a PM I'd just love to know how SE Turbo did that.
Your ole buddy,
Gary

Gary you will read this because that is the way you are. Not a threat on my part at all. Stating if you feel that strongly say it to me. I guess that is why you want to carry this to a PM? Not sure. Don't need to read your little digs.

$50 for driving 4 hours out of my way on a holiday weekend? Wow! Didn't cover the gas. If you would have been around I would of showed you like I did him how you must mount an intercooler evenly on a rad support. Tape measure works great. If not perfect it would have got you close enough.
I showed the guy who you said yes buy this car how screwed up everything was & he agreed. Didn't take a genuis to look at the trans cross member etc.. You'll swear it was perfect. So no sense in repeating it non stop.

Only cars I ever stripped for parts in Baltimore were mine. I think we had about 30 when we were there at the end. When you have 165 cars, inside then 30 outside in PA. & now 125 down here now. why would you need to strip a customers car? I guess you have a valid common sense reason. Not hurting for $ considering even what I'm owed.

As far as the S/E turbo pipe I can't state anything because I wasn't there. I can only say what I saw.

I will say if you can lose a wife, best friend, mother of your 2 kids,co worker after 12 years & not have a problem seperating it you are better then me.
I appreciate your condolences & you have mine for your loss.

The main reason I had a problem today is what I was reading about me. You have a green headliner of mine? Post it up. I'm not mentioning the guys name because he did come back & buy parts from us after we left. Some one who was that upset with me wouldn't have bought from us after that.

because of eric, that guy should not be answering phones at all you sir should read this post and then read it 10 more times. you don't like me, fine but i never cursed at you , you did to me! and you made me feel like i was putting you out , not a good feeling. i was made to feel like i was a first time customer, iv'e built 5 of these cars fully and bought alot ,alot of parts from this man,, hell i even donated money and product to the giveaway car and eric you treat me like dogs**t. i have tried to keep brian out of it for obvious reasons but man you have just killed it

Two versions to every story. Nice that you left out most of the details in your's. First off let me say I'm also no spring chicken. Been on the face of the Earth longer than you, been dealing with these cars for more than 30 years. Been dealing with people even more.Who gives a F! how many cars you've screwed together. We both know our job. So you say you know how to treat customers because they are buying. Well buddy you sure are the class act when you're the one buying. I can't even remember the dozen or so phone calls you placed before this one that has you all out of whack but let me say I felt you were on a pretty good rage when I picked up the phone that Monday morning. For the record, yes I did call you a name and yes I did hang up on you. Insinuate that I'm F'n dumb and don't care about you and than call me a liar without listening to me....yes I think I was correct in returning the courtesy by hanging up on you. Just what I needed the first thing on a Monday morning when I walked in the door and picked up the phone.:mad: Since you called about twice a day the weeks before inquiring I could have easily looked at the caller ID and said screw it it's only Jason bugging me again but I don't work that way. How's that for customer service? I said I would call you when I recieved a tracking number. Since I didn't get a tracking number I didn't call you. I did not know that it was going take longer than usual to ship your pipe. No sense in being anal about it. You knew the part was being drop shipped, you just like berating people I guess. I think anybody else in the same situation would have called you worst. Now as far as the wrong pipe being ordered I'll have to dig through the e-mails from you. I pretty damn sure you posted the link for the BWR pipe. I'm sorry. I have to say I orginally didn't take your order so I don't know what pipe you wanted. Somebody else did your order and on the invoice it says BWR pipe so that's what I ordered. I think Jay did a pretty good job telling that part of the story for what it's worth. And you failed to mention that I DID appoligize for my behavor 5 minutes after you called. I didn't take hours or days. Customer Service? Like I said I don't work that way. I can post the e-mails between us if you feel I'm chikinchit'n my version.:mad:

Wow!!you seem like such a nice guy.By the way in your thirty years of business have you always cussed at customers that got on your nerves or is this new?

Wow!!you seem like such a nice guy.By the way in your thirty years of business have you always cussed at customers that got on your nerves or is this new?

I'm not as old as Eric but I currently sell parts for a living. I'll give you a senario that happened this week. A "lady" (being nice here) calls up in the morning and talks to my boss about warenty on a radiator. He told her we had it in stock so it shouldn't be a problem. She called back that evening and got me. Wanted me to look up the file so she can make sure it's covered. While talking to her it turns out she bought/is buying the from the original owner and want's us to cover the warrenty. H@LL NO!!! Sorry lady but the warrenty is for the original owner only and does NOT transfer. Thought we were through with her. Well she calls Dallas thinking that a DM would get better results. NOT!!! She called me back and tries to sweet talk me. That worked real well.:biggrin: I have this thing about identity theft and fraud. Maybe it's just me though. My DM is called and he says H@LL NO! The original owner only WITH ID and current legal regestration. I had to pass the last call she made to another PSM because I was about to cuss the dumb b!tch. Any questions?

actually there are three version's your's, mine, and the unbiased truth, but hey that's another day.

eric i called you numerous times and you never called me back, brother at least tell me you tried, don't just "forget" about me.
I was very civil everytime, which was not twice a day, (a little dramatic don't you think)
:rolleyes:
Ii called you and you said you would call and find out what's going on (by the way you never once called me). The only reason i raised my voice is when you raised your's, i have no reason to insunuate you are dumb, don't know you except with what i have delt with, and it was not very customer oriented.
I did email you a link of a pipe i ordered from g-body parts, from which i showed you the correct pipe. either way you still don't get it, you have every right to defend your actions, but it is how you react to a problem which is inits self a problem.

i imagine by the way you try to belittle me about the age thing or how many cars i have "bolted together" that you are a old dog that will never learn a new trick. i am not that young brother and i have earned my respect in the car community which is alot bigger than just the buick world. I have built over 20 cars just for sema alone in my "young "years

either way i will for the record say you did apologize to me, and when you are talking to someone that does not confront you, you are very nice!

but , remember follow through even after you have my money, tell me " hey jason , just wanted to tell you your part is being delayed because so and so is got a backup. it goes along way. yes eric i have a-hole customers and after i get off the phone i yell and curse, but never,ever to them

we both have learned something, i suck at buying:redface: and you suck at selling:wink:

later on , brother

I enjoy reading threads with one taking digs at another..... better than as the world turns...

In the past 2-1/2 years I have ordered close to 2K worth of products from Gbodyparts.com in 2 separate orders. The current order just got here today. Bulky, yet shippng by FedEx is MUCH better than UPS... 2 day delivery is actually 2 day delivery.

Bweavy has treated me well, with flat out no bull****... I'm grateful for the services he provides to guys like me that are extremely far away where shipping from multiple vendors would KILL ME cost-wise. A "one-stop-shop" is ideal for most of the stuff I need now.

There are some things that I will source from others, but that is by choice....

Brian, I had no idea about your wife... you're a helluva man to be able to continue on with that tragedy hanging over you... My deepest condolences.

I'll send you pics of the car completed... and FYI, another order is coming.. I forgot a couple of things (like I said I would)

Thanks...

Rob

He is entitled to his opinion and came accross exactly how someone should if they have a personal concern with a vendor. Professional and intelligent. May have left some things out but who doesn't?

I would happen to disagree, But that is just my opinion. I think customer service is pretty good. Much better since Dave came on board. That's for sure.

I think running a business is much more difficult then most, including myself could ever understand unless you have actually owned one.

Cmon, lets face it, if your looken for a part for your car GBody is one of the first places you might look. There are 26k+ members. Just sayn....

I probably shouldn't even post this, but just can't help myself.... being how it seems that Eric is really the one getting the heat here... let me post my experience with gbody/eric. I purchased a set of intercooler pipe couplers, with t-bolt clamps, 2nd hand from a member here that told me they had bought the 'kit' from g-body... when I got them, I realized 2 of the clamps were the wrong size.... I called g-body, talked to turbofish38 (eric), and explained that I had bought them 2nd hand, though unused, and asked if there was any way he could swap the wrong clamps for the correct ones..... He thought about it for about 5 seconds and said "sure, no problem, shoot me an email with your address and brief summary of our conversation, send the wrong clamps back to us, and I'll get the right ones out to you". I did as requested, and had the new clamps in my hands in 3 days.... -- he sent them to me before they even received the ones I was returning--- free---- no shipping, no nothing. I'll add that I have NEVER bought ANYTHING from gbody.... but you can be sure, that based on the above experience, I wouldn't have a second thought about doing so... just wanted to add my experience with Eric for the record.... so there you have it.... :smile:

I will preface this statement with the fact that I'm one of the most picky *******s around...Since 2004 I've purchased more than several thousand dollars worth of parts for two gbodies I own. I've had a couple minor blips on the radar, but I have to say, Brian has always come through. They have always fixed the problem, whether it be by email of phone calls. It's a family business and you have to treat them with patience. They are interested in helping people. They are not summit racing or jegs, and they don't have 50 people manning phone lines 24/7/365. Hang in there and things will get done. Patience...patience...I will continue to purchase parts from them.