g-body parts wtf!!!!!

leprcon

I love burnouts
First let me start that i am no spring chicken, and i have been dealing with g-body parts throuugh-out the bashings and have always supported them. well i ordered a maf pipe (4 inch) from them 8-3-2009 was told it was in stock!!! well ,kept getting the runaround by eric finally got brian on the phone got it shipped the next day. new problem is i get the package with no , i mean no packing material, zero,zip, nada, so on top of waiting till today to get it. I get a dented scratched pipe it was supposed to be powdercoated, it was spray painted then i look at the pipe and it has a big welded seam in the middle, not the one shown on website. wow!!!

now that i got that off my shoulder i feel better so here's my problem

waited a absurd amount of time for a part that was (in stock)

part that was very inferior in quality in every way (all the way from manufacter to shipping)

Now this part i am hesistant to write but i feel i must, i own a few retail stores and i feel that customer service is the most important thing you sell. with that in mind, if the workload is to much get more people, if you are waiting on somebody else, keep the customer in the loop, which means calling them back no matter how trivial it may seem to you, you can buy parts almost anywhere it's the customer sevice i am looking for.

so whoever droped the ball it def cost you a customer , but not because of the part, not beccause of the shipping,not because of the waiting.

because of eric, that guy should not be answering phones at all you sir should read this post and then read it 10 more times. you don't like me, fine but i never cursed at you , you did to me! and you made me feel like i was putting you out , not a good feeling. i was made to feel like i was a first time customer, iv'e built 5 of these cars fully and bought alot ,alot of parts from this man,, hell i even donated money and product to the giveaway car and eric you treat me like dogs**t. i have tried to keep brian out of it for obvious reasons but man you have just killed it

now for the guys that are going to bash me, i am not a drama queen, look at my posts i only post when i should not to pick fights, i am not looking for attention just trying to save someone else the grief of dealing with him, maybe this can turn around, but only if brian gets involved which kinda sucks

but just a note: to anybody with a buisness CUSTOMER SERVICE is the most important thing you sell and yes i deal with a holes on a daily basis but, they are buying and thats all that matters

thank you, for reading my rant (blows up soapbox):rolleyes:

How was the part in stock? Theyve never ordered any of them, we drop ship them. If they told you they were in stock, thats on them but we build them all by hand.

No where does it say they are powdercoated. We paint them. Do you really think you can powdercoat them for an extra $10.00? We paint them and then clearcoat them.

I packed your pipe myself. Was there packaging in it? No.. was there anything in the box that would beat it all to hell? Nope. Ill look at it when you return it. Be sure to return it to me instead of Gbody.

As far as the weld seam, you are right. We decided to leave the weld on there for a couple of reasons.

1 - Its very labor intensive to grind those things off and beings that its a neat weld seam, we didnt think people would have much of a problem with it. Lingenfelter and other big name companies are sending out cold air kits with weld seams on them because...

2 - It damages the structural integrity of the product to grind down the weld. You dont get a lot of penetration with aluminum so when you grind down the weld, the pipe weakens plus a lot of time you actually breakthrough the weld and have to reweld, grind it back down, reweld, etc. The general consensus here was that the welded up version looked okay. No one we build plumbing for has ever asked us to grind off the welds.

We looked into mandrel bending these pipes and it cant be done because of the bend angles on the pipe. Thats why our pipe actually fits and you dont need an IAC relocator.

So, if you want to be pissed off at someone, you can be pissed off at us. Gbody didnt have the pipes in stock, never had the pipes in stock and never saw the pipes before it was shipped to you.

Ill be sure to have the photo on Gbody changed to reflect the weld.

thank you for standing up , i bought it from g-body not bwr, i also bought the powdercoat option from them, its on their website, so yes i did it will go back to you because i refused it so it will go back to point of origin. and to be honest with you they said it was in stock. i understand about the pipe being welded, i again should have been put in the loop (customer service) this is a big thing.

and there was a filter and 2 clamps banging around in that box. please post a pic of it when u get it back

And again.. no where on their site does it say the pipes are powdercoated. Im sorry you assumed such. Like I said, we paint them and clearcoat them. Everyone we've sent pipes out to has been happy with them doing it that way.

If its coming back to point of origin then its coming to me since I shipped the thing to you. Ill be on the lookout for it.

okay go on g-body website - go to buick then to induction then to maf pipe then to black powdercoating

i mean if you are going to call me out then at least do some rersearch/ i mean it is a 25 dollar option

86-87 Grand National / T-Type 4" Mass Airflow Pipe $140.00

4" mas airflow pipe for 86-87 Buick Comes with 4" hoses & clamps only. Other hoses can be ordered seperately.
$140 for bare $165 for powder coated Black.

Available Options:
Black Powdercoating: NoYes (+$25.00)

i didn't assume, i was told as such it says nothing about paint i can get this pipe made locally i was going with your pipe because i was impressed with the fit and finish it just kinda seems like the old switch-a roo if i am not mistakened the one you gave away was grinded down as i saw a pic of that so i would just go without saying

Thats not the same pipe.

GBodyParts.com Online

Is what you ordered. Thats the one we make.

GBodyParts.com Online

Thats what you're refering to. We dont make that one. No idea who does. If you look at the shape of the two pipes, they're nothing alike.

First let me start that i am no spring chicken, and i have been dealing with g-body parts throuugh-out the bashings and have always supported them. well i ordered a maf pipe (4 inch) from them 8-3-2009 was told it was in stock!!! well ,kept getting the runaround by eric finally got brian on the phone got it shipped the next day. new problem is i get the package with no , i mean no packing material, zero,zip, nada, so on top of waiting till today to get it. I get a dented scratched pipe it was supposed to be powdercoated, it was spray painted then i look at the pipe and it has a big welded seam in the middle, not the one shown on website. wow!!!

now that i got that off my shoulder i feel better so here's my problem

waited a absurd amount of time for a part that was (in stock)

part that was very inferior in quality in every way (all the way from manufacter to shipping)

Now this part i am hesistant to write but i feel i must, i own a few retail stores and i feel that customer service is the most important thing you sell. with that in mind, if the workload is to much get more people, if you are waiting on somebody else, keep the customer in the loop, which means calling them back no matter how trivial it may seem to you, you can buy parts almost anywhere it's the customer sevice i am looking for.

so whoever droped the ball it def cost you a customer , but not because of the part, not beccause of the shipping,not because of the waiting.

because of eric, that guy should not be answering phones at all you sir should read this post and then read it 10 more times. you don't like me, fine but i never cursed at you , you did to me! and you made me feel like i was putting you out , not a good feeling. i was made to feel like i was a first time customer, iv'e built 5 of these cars fully and bought alot ,alot of parts from this man,, hell i even donated money and product to the giveaway car and eric you treat me like dogs**t. i have tried to keep brian out of it for obvious reasons but man you have just killed it

now for the guys that are going to bash me, i am not a drama queen, look at my posts i only post when i should not to pick fights, i am not looking for attention just trying to save someone else the grief of dealing with him, maybe this can turn around, but only if brian gets involved which kinda sucks

but just a note: to anybody with a buisness CUSTOMER SERVICE is the most important thing you sell and yes i deal with a holes on a daily basis but, they are buying and thats all that matters

thank you, for reading my rant (blows up soapbox):rolleyes:

Same story, different part. Recieved crap, and was treated as such. Brian

just a update, i did receive my money back without hassle. still no word on a fix so i went with a different vendor shipped same day excellent customer service paid more and was happy to do so because i felt good about my purchase

It appears to me that the customer ordered the one piece powder coated one from their site and then G body had BWR drop ship him their version painted instead of the correct one he ordered

No.. the customer ordered our pipe. They email them to me in the format it comes through the shopping cart.

no, again you are wrong i ordered the pipe which i showed you. and they must have replaced it with the pipe you make! there is no way your pipe could have been in the shopping cart because i ordered via phone and was very specific on what i was ordering.

on another note esp gave me very , good service and had a maf pipe powdercoated black in stock. i received it in 4 days from order to receipt of part. very happy

Regardless of the mix up, there's no excuse to be treated poorly or cursed at by someone you just bought a part from. I haven't heard anyones excuse for the way Eric treated him and others apparently.

Give up Leprcon. No clue how Gbody stays in buisness. But I must admit they have a cult following like none other that will come up out of the crawl-space and rationalize and defend anything GBody does no matter the facts. I learned to never buy anything without first asking who the supplier is. If it's GBody I just keep on looking. The reason I can say all this is just like GBody and Weavers supporters, I don't give a crap what they think either.
Gary

Not to discredit your experiences with GBodyParts, But my own personal experience with them has been terrific. I have ordered $1500+ in parts from them in the last year and have had zero problems at all. Quick shipping and accurate order filling...

Just my own experience...

John