G-Body Engine Swap

my1stgn

Looking at possible getting an 80's Olds Cutlass and turning it into a sleeper car. My first 2 cars where Olds Cutlass so I fell in love with the body and now I have a chance to pick one up. We all know they are pretty slow. So this is what I was thinking.
1) Engine swap from an '86-87 Turbo Buick- I would assume this would be the easiest engine swap since body is similar and I would assume engine and trans would bolt up without crazy mods
2) LS engine swap- I hear/read a lot of people "dumping the turbo engine for an LS swap and calling it a day". Supposedly this is more reliable with good power? This might be an option on the G-body.
3) L67 engine swap from a '97-'03 w-body- This one might seem weird but I'm pretty familiar with this engine and know it can handle around 600-700HP. Not sure how easy it would bolt up but this would be my last choice just because I think they are pretty check to obtain. Options 1 and 2 seem more viable.
What do yall think? Anyone ever do it? I'm looking to run mid to low 11's and make it a dependable daily driver. Thanks!

I have done both LC2 and LS engine in gbodys. I would probably go with a LS swap in a daily driver. The price will probably be about the same either way but the LS is a little less finicky as an everyday platform.

Is there a "How To" website on doing an LS swap into a G-Body? I read the LQ engines are cheap and can be converted over to LS engines. Any tips? This will be my first time doing an engine swap.

After paying an arm and leg in parts to replace my LS2 water pump and accessory pullies, hearing random knocks and pings and ticks, having an intermittent rough idle with no engine codes, no physical gas pedal to throttle body connection, I will not put an LS in anything. I would drop a SBC in there and buy a MSD or FAST fuel injection system now that they are self learning and call it a day. An LS motor can suck it... The LS platform is cool if you have absolutely no mechanical aptitude and want to talk about how cool your LS is.

I'm going to get so much crap for this post, I can hear it already :D

After paying an arm and leg in parts to replace my LS2 water pump and accessory pullies, hearing random knocks and pings and ticks, having an intermittent rough idle with no engine codes, no physical gas pedal to throttle body connection, I will not put an LS in anything. I would drop a SBC in there and buy a MSD or FAST fuel injection system now that they are self learning and call it a day. An LS motor can suck it... The LS platform is cool if you have absolutely no mechanical aptitude and want to talk about how cool your LS is.

I'm going to get so much crap for this post, I can hear it already :D

se7s76.jpg

That sounds more like a bad builders problem

Yep builder error. Leave it to Chevy to screw up a perfectly good motor with a horribly built vehicle. :confused::ROFLMAO: Lol

All budget build ... A/c blows cold and all factory gauges work.... It's begging to be boosted !!!:D