G-body 25.3 SFI rebuild

I know there were pictures but most are gone now, I am looking for some detail on the gas and brake pedals, along with steering column.
Revamping a hacked up 64 Chevy II right now, like the way yours looks. got any pics to can send my way ?

I know there were pictures but most are gone now, I am looking for some detail on the gas and brake pedals, along with steering column.
Revamping a hacked up 64 Chevy II right now, like the way yours looks. got any pics to can send my way ?

Thanks guys.

Shoot me an email at geislert@qis.net and I'll forward you some pics of the pedals and column.

Well, the 582 bbc has been at Tony Bischoff's BES Racing engines this winter. Custom pistons finally came in last week, so final mockup & assembly can begin. Hope to be able to go out for dyno within the next two week. Hoping to see some substantial power gains (fingers crossed).

Nice work!
BES is 15 minutes from my house. They do awesome work. Had them do some machine work on my old v6. You definitely get what you pay for there (pricey.)

The work being done to the engine surely isn't cheap, but I really feel Tony is able to find power that others may not be able to...specifically naturally aspirated stuff like I run.

I took the pics down quite a while ago. I recently did a video scrapbook of the rebuild which can be seen here.

To update the car, we have raced most of the season in Ultra 275 at Cecil County Dragway. Had to miss two races, but did well winning 4 races this season including the Door Wars at MIR in April.

Car was running well, but struggled with wheel stands. Had all four shocks revalved after MIR and lose our setup and struggled through the summer till we found the issue using a Go Pro mounted under the back of the car to watch the tire/shock/suspension. Once we fixed the issue the car was running well and getting down the track consistently.

We won the last race on November 2nd as well as being the first N/A car in the class to make a 4 second pass, 4.988 to be exact. This also reset the track record for the class. In the summer heat the car will run mid 5 teens and in better air it would run mid 5.0x consistently. best 60' was a 1.125. Shooting to try and get a 1.10 some day, but I've gotta figure a few things out to get there.

Thanks for the interest. Have the engine out and front suspension apart right now starting winter upgrades, should be ready to go as soon as the weather breaks next spring.

Todd

I have been following your build for ideas for mine lol. It looks like I am finally going to get mine back from the chassis shop soon, although I have been saying that for 4 years now.:mad:

I was looking for pics of your wiring for ideas, I may have a few questions for you too once I get my chassis home.

Sounds like you really have the car sorted out and did really well this year congrats. 1.12 is getting it done on a 275 that's for sure.

Yes unfortunately it has been there since I sold my TSO car in 2009. The chassis shop hasn't been as bad as the body shop in Pittsburgh who held the body hostage for 18 months and still never finished it, when the paint work was already paid for in advance. I still dont have the decklid and other parts back from him.

The chassis is at least finished and has been certified for a year now. Now that I got the body back it is back on the chassis and he just needs to finish seat mounts, dash, pedals and column. Put front clip on finish up fuel cell and some mounting tabs for various stuff. If I don't have it VERY soon I am finally just going to pull it out of there. Here is a pic before I the body went back on. The firewall thats on it was for mock up purposes. We cut everything out firewall to tailight panel and attached a new floor pan to the chassis so the body is removable. I was supposed to get the body back painted with all the trim on it to drop back on the chassis but that didnt happen. I am planning to powdercoat the entire chassis in black chrome with carbon fiber wheel tubs and paneling in the rear, paint is to look like stock GN.

Ive become so frustrated with the whole thing I want either done or gone at this point. Seeing guys like you out there having fun keeps me motivated at times.